• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akira Kurusu (Persona 5) vs Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Lets highball Reimu to 3-C and see how well she does against Akira.

Both are 3-C, Speed is equalized.

This is composite Reimu

Round 1: No prep

Round 2: Half a day prep for both (same length of time for a palace infiltration for Akira if you guys need a metric)

Round 3: (Mostly for giggles), Akira has all personas in game. His party members, Akechi's personas etc. Round 1 and 2 makes the assumption he only has access to the ones in game with the fusion compendium

Akira's Profile

Reimu's Profile

Who wins and why?

Andykhang said:
What move does he need to prep?
Edit: Also, is this Reimu PC-98 or composite?
None? It just allows him to gather supplies and formulate a strategy.

He is just the leader of the phantom thieves and gathering information about abilities is his forte.

Only PC-98

Andykhang said:
PC-98 only huh... She's don't have much haxxed going for her. Still thinking though.
Doesnt the same key apply?

If not, then composite.

I dont think it matters that much.

Composite gives her her fantasy nature, spatial manipulation, and various other powers and abilities on her page tho.

She has almost if not no hax in PC-98.

Fllflourine said:
Composite gives her her fantasy nature, spatial manipulation, and various other powers and abilities on her page tho.
She has almost if not no hax in PC-98.
Then composite to make it fair.

But we are going to highball her still to 3-C

Andykhang said:
In this case...Akira doesn't have anyway, as far as I can tell, to dealt with Reimu FN.
He has several ways to ignore durability and immortality so I am unsure.

I do think shadows in game are intangible unless you are a persona user but take that with a grain of salt.

KinkiestSins said:
Andykhang said:
In this case...Akira doesn't have anyway, as far as I can tell, to dealt with Reimu FN.
I do think shadows in game are intangible unless you are a persona user but take that with a grain of salt.
durability? imortality? reimu is not immortal and FN is not about durability.

the problem is does he have anyway of attacking outside of reality?

Verse equalization are at play here, and Reimu does have soul attack (as part of her job too, mind you).

Hazerddex said:
KinkiestSins said:
Andykhang said:
durability? imortality? reimu is not immortal and FN is not about durability.
the problem is does he have anyway of attacking outside of reality?
/shrugs/

Beats me.

Andykhang said:
Verse equalization are at play here, and Reimu does have soul attack (as part of her job too, mind you).
verse equalization does not affect powers mostly thats like saying x character can't use reailty warp because verse equalization

Hazerddex said:
Andykhang said:
verse equalization does not affect powers mostly thats like saying x character can't use reailty warp because verse equalization
Basically this ^

If I equalized verses, it actually would favor Akira since shadows are intangible and can only roughly be hurt by persona users.

...Sometimes.

Edit: Totally wrong here, ignore the above.

Shadows are not intangible.

only shin mugami tensei games i played are the mmo and the demon tamer one.

so im not sure but are the personas suceptable to seals?

Hazerddex said:
Not likely for akira, he can just summon another one and since they are a part of his soul, if 'sealed' they likely will just be summoned again.

KinkiestSins said:
Hazerddex said:
Not likely for akira, he can just summon another one and since they are a part of his soul, if 'sealed' they likely will just be summoned again.
I also want to specify he has power null via activated abilities.

Just thought it was worthy of mention.

Well since we've seen the level of Dodging that Reimu has gone through so I'd say reflexes and dodging are in her favour and I'm leaning on Reimu due to her hax like Spacial Manipulation and Soul attacking.

Udlmaster said:
Well since we've seen the level of Dodging that Reimu has gone through so I'd say reflexes and dodging are in her favour and I'm leaning on Reimu due to her hax like Spacial Manipulation and Soul attacking.
He is resistant to existence erasure, and he can revive himself so I am unsure if that applies.

Also, speed is equal so dodging and reflexes are exact same.

I will still count your vote for Spatial Manip tho.

Reimu: 1

Akira: 0

This is a necro but I want to continue this.

Dodging is absolutely pointless when there's Almighty Attacks being thrown around, you can't dodge Almighty with pure agility alone.

Reimu looks to be slightly above baseline, Akira is a shit ton above baseline, so Akira has the AP advantage.

Intangibility shouldn't be a problem thanks to Almighty, if it can hit YHVH it should be able to hit Reimu.

Spatial Manip... not sure, but again, we have Almighty, in the profile it says that projectiles miss, BUT, as you can't dodge Almighty, I wouldn't say it's possible to redirect Almighty.

As a note, Akira resists Physical Attacks so Reimu really can't hit him to death physically. Reimu's best bet here is to spam her danmaku (assuming it's holy and not light) or her offensive spatial manipulation, before Akira unleashes an Almighty (which I'm pretty sure it's in-character for him to do) so I'll vote for Akira round 1.

Round 2: No clue what Reimu could do with prep.

Round 3: I'd say Akira has a p good chance here.

FN isn't intangibility. It's transcending.

And Ultramarine Orb Elixir basically which is a bad thing.

I ain't touching Last Round though if it borrows Tier 2s.

I'm still 90% sure Almighty can hit it since it can hurt people like this prick.

Ultramarine Orb gives you Immortality right? Almighty bypasses 2-A Defenses, and it can kill Type 8 Mid-Godly regenerators who exist throughout all time and space. If both Asriel and BB can't come back from that, I doubt Reimu can.

As I said, I avoid debating anything related to even borrowing any Tier 2 aspects or higher.

And think more ultimate precognition + that. Either way I just want to establish that and the other section. Not big on either of these two nor those two. And doubt we can scale off of different verses but I'll trust your word.

Dodging is absolutely pointless when there's Almighty Attacks being thrown around, you can't dodge Almighty with pure agility alone.

Asked some Persona/SMT friends of mine around. Basically, an Almighty attack cannot be blocked, absorbed, or repelled, but you can dodge it. If you have proof otherwise, I'd like to see it. Dodging is something Reimu's pretty good at doing, and Fantasy Nature is implied unreachable even by Sakuya's and Yukari's standards, and look at their ranges.

Huh, swear to god I heard that it couldn't be dodged, I take that back.

Might switch to Reimu then...

Ah, figured out where I got the info, BB vs. Nyx avatar where someone said Almighty can't be dodged.

Looking on message boards, and other sources, someone said Almighty can't be dodged via skills or accessories, but can be dodged through buffs or debuffs.

Take my vote off for Akira, I need to get into more Touhou.

Pretty sure it's a huge NLF anyway. Being unable to be dodged =/= being able to hit someone who's out of reality.

Yeah, judging from the attack animation, p sure that Reimu can float faster than Akira can actually hit her with Almighty, assuming she doesn't dodge.

Ehh... Votes on Reimu now.

Almighty can be dodged, infact, people dodges them all the time. Only a few Almighty skills that have "undodgable" abilities. I can only remember Satan's Retribution (100% chance of killing one foes instantly. Almighty-type. Undodgeable) have this.

Either way, switching vote to Reimu.

Floating above reality makes it nigh-impossible for Akira to hit her, then she probably goes for the barriers if she doesn't outright beat the shit out of Akira.

Not a stomp though.

@Magi Kagutsuchi's vast and Infinite light are also undodgeable.

I haven't played P5 yet to confirm, but IIRC Morning Star was also undodgeable in previous games. As for others, yup, you can dodge.

Yes, it can be dodged, but for the people who has immesurable to omnipresent speed only. And considering even those people can be hit by Almighty damage.

Morning Star can't be dodged huh?

What are the chances that Akira's gonna decide to pull out Lucifer of all of his Personas to kill Reimu.

He'd probably start with Satanael

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Morning Star can't be dodged huh?

What are the chances that Akira's gonna decide to pull out Lucifer of all of his Personas to kill Reimu.

He'd probably start with Satanael
It's Lucifer, not Satanael. But Satanael nulls and resists anything within the types except Almighty itself.

I dunno a thing about Akira himself, lol Just giving an info or two on the skills and stuff.

Also I don't think anyone in P5 is Immeasurable (?).

Back