• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet's on Sonic here.

Sonic's dodging and maneuverability isn't as good as Touhou's, correct, but that's just further incentive for him to use something like Chaos Control. Super Sonic's entire shtick is either A) Dodging attacks or B) Tanking attacks he knows he can take. But never has he made an assumption against an unknown threat, and he's never faced bullet-hell as bad as Touhou's. He's gonna realize just how outclassed he is because he's likely not even going to be able to physically reach her due to her danmaku, even with his Deflect technique, and it's always when his back's against the figurative wall that he immediately goes for hax. Like when he spams Chaos Control to save himself from death within his boss battle in SA2. Super Sonic isn't a brute, there's just nothing he's fought that he couldn't dodge or finagle his way out of. Which is what he'll run up against here.

So if she doesn't go for Sealing practically right off the bat, Sonic's gonna realize he can't dodge his way out of such extreme bullet hell and it'll be Chaos Control gg. He doesn't **** around as Super when his opponent isn't Eggman, and even then that was just once.

Sonic has no reason to be afraid of Reimu's danmaku though. He's certainly gonna get hit a bit at the beginning and they'll both realize she can't hurt him. I seriously doubt he'd immediately lead with hax anyway, he doesn't in fights against entities he has way more reason to fear

I wnt to add that that Reimu Fantasy seal isn't just a Danmaku it is also have AoE and it is homing into the opponent. Also outside of the Spell Card roules, Touhou character can create impossible to dodge Danmaku
Also Reimu will start with Sealing as long as she think that Sonic is a Yokai, and honestly Sonic is more Yokai-looking that most Touhou Yokais
I can really see Sonic taking that but it depense in how long it will take Sonic for using Choas Control, Is he gonna do it before get sealed or not

Sonic FRA, like Shake said, when Sonic sees her dammaku is so strong that he can't even reach her he will pull out his hax, it's as if people just ignored this point to just repeat that Sonic doesn't use hax based on their limited knowelege of the series when he had explained otherwise, that plus his passive forcefield and attack reflection (pretty sure Sonic can reflect energy projectiles that are much weaker than himself passively scaling to regular shields doing so), the Light Speed Attack (show to be used to deal with destroying various projectiles in Heroes) means he isn't just going to take a hit and die

In conclusion Sonic will use hax once he sees the intensity of the dammaku, and his other abilities will help him not get insta KO'D

Sonic FRA, like Shake said, when Sonic sees her dammaku is so strong that he can't even reach her
Except it isn't, he could literally just walk through it
he will pull out his hax, it's as if people just ignored this point to just repeat that Sonic doesn't use hax based on their limited knowelege of the series when he had explained otherwise
You have literally only said that it will happen without providing examples. Also, I still never said that, I said he doesn't lead with it.
that plus his passive forcefield and attack reflection (pretty sure Sonic can reflect energy projectiles that are much weaker than himself passively scaling to regular shields doing so)
Then it's a stomp, Reimu's sealing cannot hit him- if the shield can indeed negate sealing, which I doubt.
the Light Speed Attack (show to be used to deal with destroying various projectiles in Heroes) means he isn't just going to take a hit and die
He can't stay in a permanent state of LSA, right? Cause Reimu can spam those projectiles as long as she wants to. Also isn't LSA contact based? If he touches the bullets he'll get sealed anyway, reflection or not

Last edited:
Except it isn't, he could literally just walk through it
Super forms, even with stonewall durability/invulnerability, get knocked down by projectiles in every game, suprised you don't know a basic mechanic that is in every game, he wouldn't be able to reach her because of that
You have literally only said that it will happen without providing examples. Also, I still never said that, I said he doesn't lead with it.
Because Shake did so, which you ignored, nobody is arguing Sonic leads with hax, you repeating such topic is irrelevant
Then it's a stomp, Reimu's sealing cannot hit him- if the shield can indeed negate sealing, which I doubt.
Unless the sealing requires direct touch, plus I am not so sure that it will reflect all her projectiles, which is more reason to pull out hax
He can't stay in a permanent state of LSA, right? Cause Reimu can spam those projectiles as long as she wants to. Also isn't LSA contact based? If he touches the bullets he'll get sealed anyway, reflection or not
He can't, and yes it is, it's just more reasoning for him to use hax when he sees his usual abilities won't save him

Unless I musremember it, Fantasy seal don't seal by hitting only, It is explode and when the light or the Danmaku cover you, you will get sealed. Forcefield and attack reflection wouldn't make ylu survive a Danmaku or a light covering you
I know that Sonic use hax in character and take his fights seriously in his Super form but I just don't think Sonic will think about using Chaos Control before he get sealed. At worst that would be a incon

Super forms, even with stonewall durability/invulnerability, get knocked down by projectiles in every game, suprised you don't know a basic mechanic that is in every game, he wouldn't be able to reach her because of that
I've played plenty of the games try to avoid such pointless accusations, but clearly that's a LS thing, and Reimu's LS is a pathetic Class 5
Unless the sealing requires direct touch
If it doesn't, then the shield is useless. If it does, then it's a stomp.
plus I am not so sure that it will reflect all her projectiles, which is more reason to pull out hax
Why?
He can't, and yes it is, it's just more reasoning for him to use hax when he sees his usual abilities won't save him
I mean, the second the LSA ends he'll get hit with a trillion sealing projectiles. Seriously, the second they start hitting him they might as well be a passive.

Unless I musremember it, Fantasy seal don't seal by hitting only, It is explode and when the light or the Danmaku cover you, you will get sealed. Forcefield and attack reflection wouldn't make ylu survive a Danmaku or a light covering you
Then I don't see any defense Sonic has against it.

Does the explosion happen at contact with anything? Then I guess he would lose since all his reflection are touch based
I know that Sonic use hax in character and take his fights seriously in his Super form but I just don't think Sonic will think about using Chaos Control before he get sealed. At worst that would be a incon

I've played plenty of the games try to avoid such pointless accusations, but clearly that's a LS thing, and Reimu's LS is a pathetic Class 5
Why would it be? Not an accusation, don't be defensive, I was just suprised. But if so he would just be able to walk through it, I never saw it as LS since it's a projectile hitting him
Don't know if the AP gap is enough to passively reflect
mean, the second the LSA ends he'll get hit with a trillion sealing projectiles. Seriously, the second they start hitting him they might as well be a passive.
Tbf, the LSA only ends when all current projectiles are destroyed

Why would it be? Not an accusation, don't be defensive, I was just suprised. But if so he would just be able to walk through it, I never saw it as LS since it's a projectile hitting him
Oh, my bad then. I'll admit I'm not a superfan, but I've played 1, 2, 3&K, CD, SA1, SA2, Generations and Mania, I've especially replayed Mania about six times. But yeah imo that's the only way it can make sense for weak attacks to knock him back; the enemy being comparable in LS but far inferior in AP.
Don't know if the AP gap is enough to passively reflect
Then I think some bullets would get to him, there's dozens fired per second and only one needs to hit.
Tbf, the LSA only ends when all current projectiles are destroyed
Oh god, Sonic's gonna stay in that state for hours

Yes the explosion happen when the the energy blast contact with anything but the attack will home into Sonic, so the contact will probable be with Sonic Forcefield

It was gonna be funny if Reimu lose these since with that be a lose, Reimu would have a won, a lose and an incon all again Sonic at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back