• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akashic Records Upgrade

Original post by RM97 here, posting this here with his "okay", thanks for all the support RM97

Since its inception in 1983, Vampire Hunter D has been one of the most influential and popular fictional series that blends a unique combination of Horror, Fantasy, Action, and Science Fiction to deliver an unprecedented tale of a Dhampir named D in his supernatural adventures. The story is set against the backdrop of a Post-Apocalyptic period on Earth where the year is 12,090 AD and the world is ruled with an Iron-Fist by the Nobles, Race of Vampires known for their scientific and physical prowess while feared for their occult nature and brutality. The Nobles have spread their crazed spawns, genetically engineered mutants, mythological beasts, and even extradimensional demons all across the globe and has even asserted their influence and activities in different universes and dimensions. The following blog would chart and depict the cosmology of the Vampire Hunter D series by following the lore and stuffs from the novels.

The Universes
The VHDverse contains numerous universes and parallel universes that form the Multiverse and so far we get to know about some of them with some details. The universes and parallel dimensions are shown in the VHDverse are:

The Higher Dimensions
In Vampire Hunter D, the existence of higher dimensions is something that is described or shown less due to the entire focus of the stories being centric towards the plot progression rather than depicting the cosmology. However, whatever information is given about the higher dimensions in the series, helps in the world-building and depicting the cosmology. It is to be noted that the Nobles had the technology/ability to access higher dimensional/extradimensional realms for their own personal as well as scientific purposes. The higher dimensions shown in the series are:

Novel 26 Quote

" A terrible chill coursed through his body. His left hand must've been doing everything it could to stem the flow. It was power leaking through there. It wasn't a form of magic. Rather, it was a physical form of energy generated where two dimensions came in contact with each other. In D's world, it would be a source of destruction.
All his functions froze, and the instant D came into contact with this death and destruction, he ceased all resistance. As his body headed toward death, his left hand sent out a single thread of Regenerationn to connect them to the real world, while D moved into another world.

Stars came into view on the other side of the gate. They were constantly changing, with a transient orphan star being swallowed by a nebula one moment only to be transformed the next into an enormous planet that filled his entire field of view. What's more, they existed both without and within D. Various forms slipped past the Hunter, or else cut right through him. That was how they appeared in this world, but in D's they would've taken the form of defensive systems, various weapons, or carbon-based constructs such as people and animals.

Through this extremely dangerous space D floated, reduced to a lifeless corpse. Length, width, and height didn't exist there, nor did the flow of time, and D himself simultaneously existed and didn't exist. Perhaps somewhere in the process of creation was the D JJ had glimpsed as a distant figure on a cliff, or the one who'd rescued Claire and Harman in the rain.

After a few hundred million years had passed in this world without time, D finally ascertained that a group of coffins existed at the heart of a defensive system in an enormous nebula. As he approached, the nebula glowed weirdly, its very light trying to destroy D, but all of its attacks were drawn down the connection to the Hunter's world and expelled in the space between the two dimensions. It took another hundred million years to reach the center of the nebula, and there at the center of countless geometric patterns D finally saw three coffins.

"There they are!" the hoarse voice cheered. "That's Sinistre's oldest boy and his daughter. Hurry up and finish 'em off. Man, this has been one long trip."

Drawing still closer, he entered the heart of the geometric patterns. Though the bizarre shapes attacked him relentlessly for the next million years, D made contact with the coffins. The attacks were intended to kill him, but D was already dead.

The instant he made contact, D's return connection pulled him back into his own world.

As soon as he was revived, D got up. For the few seconds since he'd opened the gate he'd lain there, reduced to a corpse.

About fifteen feet ahead of him were three wooden coffins in a row. Each was faded, cracked, and covered with moss, making manifest the cruelty of the one who'd buried them, as well as the despair of those interred.

"

― Chapter 4, Bedeviled Stagecoach

The Akashic Records
The Akashic Record is depicted to be a major plot point for the entire Tyrant's Star novel and gives a lot of development to the world building and cosmology of the entire setting of Vampire Hunter D. But first, lets talk about what Akashic Records are. Based on the Theosophical concept of the same name, The Akashic Records is the ether which is imprinted with the record of the entire Universe past, present, future and which governs all of creation meaning all of the realities and realms in the verse. The Akashic Records contains all the information, thoughts, and knowledge of everything living or dead that has happened, is happening, and will happe. One thing to be kept in mind is that while the novel states that the Akashic Records controls and sees all the Universe, however in context it refers to the Multiverse due to the fact that a) The Records was stated to govern all of Creation, and b) The term "Universe" is used synonymously to represent the "Multiverse" in Japanese novels since there is no plural for Universe and most novels generally refer the multiverse or all of creation as either Uchuu (Universe) or Sekai (World).

It is interesting to see that while Valcua is able to read the actions and activities of everyone, he was unable to see anything about D. One might argue that Valcua can see the deal between D and Kima, however, it can be refuted by the fact that Valcua can see Kima's actions and read his thoughts] and as such, he can know what has transpired between Kima and D where Kima is being used as a proxy. D being missing from the records is again emphasized here when Valcua meets face to face with D. The Powers of Akashic Records is so great that when Valcua rewrote his death and became an entity connected with the Records, he was not only enriched with the knowledge and information of the Records, but he was also passively gaining abilities both natural and technological from all of creation past, present, and future. Even when D (and by relation, The Sacred Ancestor) is missing from the Records, they can be forcefully inserted into the ether to make them follow the records. However, D is not only able to resist it but can also change the Akashic Records. It is to be noted that no one can access the records and only a select few could only read it on a limited level such as Nostradamus, Swedenborg, etc. However, this rule does not apply to Sacred Ancestor, D, Matthew possessed by Valcua Two, and Valcua fused with Valcua Two as they can freely read and rewrite the records as they please.

Without sidetracking, lets focus on the information given about the Akashic Records. The pronouncement of Akashic Records is Fate itself and changing the Akashic Records can change Reality itself as per the wishes of the user. The Vampire Hunter D verse contains Infinite Possibilities and scenarios for every event such as in the possibility of the Destroyer's escape scenario calculated by the Noble Scientists (which is further supported by the Vampire Hunter D Reader's Guide Book) and since Fate and Causality ties in with probability, it can be stated that the Akashic Records hold Infinite Possibilities for every event or scenario. It is interesting to note that Akashic Records can be read as pages of a book as if all of reality is a story and that the world itself (which is in context referred to the Universe) is a part of the Records.

The Akashic Records display higher dimensional properties such as when they are being leaked from the vault which results in the erasure of Time as well as History and affects the very fabric of the Universe implying that the ether is actually higher dimensional in nature. This was even proved when Kima with the added lifeforce boost from Callas, was able to come in contact with the Ether/Akashic Records which resulted in the erasure of him from all of Space and Time so hard that everyone, barring D and Sacred Ancestor, who knew him was able to forget about him as if Kima never existed in the first place.

It is also to be noted that the "Vault" is not a physical place in the castle but rather a gateway to the dimension where the Akashic Records/Ether originated and exists in. This is implied to be the case when Kima opens the vault and the ether seeps in passively erasing the Space-Time as well as when Matthew states that he would erase the world from the records meaning the records can exist without the Universe or Space-Time itself (or all of Creation for that matter) and that they exist in some higher plane of existence which is shown when D enters the Vault of the Akashic Records. The dimension of the Akashic Records is a tremendously vast place which is felt by D upon entering the realm and is filled with fog (AKA the Ether) on all sides. In fact it is so vast, that a seemingly 6 or even 30 feet distance which can be ascertained by naked eye by anyone is actually Infinite. Human beings cannot enter into the realm of the Akashic Records which can be attributed to its higher dimensionality. This is also a realm which has no Space and Time since the Ether passively erases Space-Time and also the fact that D can see and interact with a Future Old version of Sue in her dreams while being in the Akashic Records where he changed the entirety of the plot of Tyrant's Star making it so that only Sue and Matthew along with the Nobles Count Brajou and Duchess Miranda fought and killed Lawrence Valcua on their own and living a happy life as per their mother's wish.

Novel 17 Quote

" D sensed someone to his rear.
"Matthew?"

"What's he doing?" D asked, never taking his eyes off the man.

"Where are you going?" Sue asked, her eyes catching an image of Matthew going deeper and deeper into the fog.

"He's headed toward the vault and the akashic record," the man said. "The boy has part of my—which is to say, Valcua's—nature still planted in his brain. Perpetuating my will, he'll most likely modify the record by force. I might yet live again and change the world."

Taking Sue under one arm, D broke into a run. Beyond the fog spraying toward him, he could make out a hazy black figure.

"D, if it comes to that, and I mean if," Sue said, looking up in desperation, "if there's no way to make Matthew his old self again, and he tries to mess with the akashic record . . ."

Her voice dying out, Sue bit down on her lip.

"I entered a contract to protect the two of you."

Though fog lay on all sides of him, D could tell they were in a tremendously vast place. He couldn't feel any weight in his left hand. And there was no trace of Sue. Human beings couldn't enter the vault of the akashic record.

Matthew was up ahead. To the naked eye, he seemed to be thirty feet away. However, the distance was actually infinite.

Clawing with both hands, Matthew tore at the fog.

D ran without saying a word.

Matthew turned in his direction. His lips were twisted into a grin.

"Stay back, D," he said, straightening himself up. "You understand, don't you? I obtained part of the Sacred Ancestor's power. And the great Valcua, too, is within me. Alone, there's nothing you can do. Ha! I can read this. I can read the whole akashic record. Valcua is telling me to resurrect him—but what the Sacred Ancestor has to say is even more incredible. He says I should erase this world completely from the record. Interesting, isn't it, D? Which should I do?"

Matthew grinned. He'd been warped from the very beginning, before the Sacred Ancestor or Valcua had come into his life. However, the reason they entered him and he obeyed them was because his will was weak, as anyone could see. Lusting after Sue, he'd been able to fight back his urges and pretend to be a good older brother only because his mother had been there. When that great weight had been lifted from him and his true self had been unleashed, he found that he didn't mind being a servant of the Nobility. The Nobility had knowledge and power. And when they gave him those gifts, he'd displayed the typical weakling's reaction by laughing haughtily.

He could read the record. The past, present, and future of everything in the universe . . .

"Ah, yes. D, let's see who you really are."

A fiendish look spread across Matthew's face, and he stuck his right hand out in front of his chest, plucking a bit of fog from the air. He could pull whatever he liked from the record at any place and time.

As Matthew stared at the fog, his expression changed immediately.

"Impossible . . . It can't be!" the boy exclaimed, his surprise so great his face wore a look of utter stupefaction as he stared at D.

The Hunter had closed to within six feet of him, but Matthew wasn't worried. He knew although it appeared to the naked eye to be six feet, the space between them was infinite.

"What are you going to do about Sue?" D asked.

"Sue? Who's that? All that aside, I'm surprised . . . Don't tell me you . . . Oh, Sue? I have plans for her. I'm going to take her at my leisure. I'm changing the record to reflect that. Actually, you're going to cut me down here, but I'll change that too. Don't worry. I'll arrange it so that after I've had my way with her, she bites off her own tongue and dies—"

As the boy laughed uncontrollably, a silvery flash zipped to the end of his nose.

"What the—" Matthew exclaimed, reeling back and putting his hand to the tip of his nose. Something red dripped from it.

"You cut me?" he said, purple madness turning to white fear. "How could you cut me? Between you and me, there must be—"

His eye burned with red reflected from D's eyes. Eyes narrowed with rage, fangs peeking from vermilion lips—it was clearly the face of a vampire.

"Stop, D! You really are the Sacred Ancestor's own—"

The boy's words were cut short by a stark flash of light.

As he heard the sound of Matthew's body falling, D turned his gaze to where the boy's head lay at his feet.

"He brought it on himself," the hoarse voice was heard to comment wearily. "But that means your contract—well, that can't be helped, can it?"

"I'll uphold the contract," D said.

"Excuse me?"

Around that dubious voice and the vision of beauty, the white fog eddied both lovingly and fearfully.

About a month later, the Capital dispatched yet another survey party to Valcua's kingdom. The vast expanse of land dotted with stands of trees that they found there was the Frontier, plain and simple. However, in the rocky region in the center of that wilderness, they discovered a tiny red sphere and a longsword half-buried beneath boulders, and both of these items were eerily heavy. When the combined efforts of all their trailer trucks didn't budge them an inch, the men could only take pictures and leave them where they were. The wind that blew from the far reaches of the endless gray wilderness made the survey party tremble to the last man, and later they would question if it all hadn't been a dream. Of course, they had no way of knowing that everything in the kingdom that had existed in that region a month earlier was packed into that sphere.

-

Five years later, Sue left her hometown and the farm she had made an unqualified success through impressive teamwork, traveling to the eastern Frontier to be married to the owner of a musical instrument shop. Matthew took a red-haired girl as his wife. She was a city girl, and though she wasn't strong, she had a warm heart.

"I don't know if I'm good enough for you," a bashful-looking man three years Sue's senior told the girl.

Smiling, Sue said, "My late mother told me to marry someone like you, you know."

And then, in her heart of hearts, she suddenly found herself asking, But was that really what happened?

After working with Matthew to slay the Ultimate Noble, doubts occasionally rose in her mind like ripples on a pond. There was something different about all this. As if it weren't the way her life had really gone. Such suspicions would undoubtedly cling to her all her life, and Sue understood that she simply had to accept it. Throughout her life with the man she loved, those doubts might be a heavy load to bear. She didn't let that stop her.

Presently she got married, had children, raised a family, and heard that Matthew had died. And as she grew old, Sue sometimes had a strange dream. In it, an impossibly beautiful young man in black was watching her intently from the depths of white fog. Though his gaze was stern and icy, Sue wasn't afraid. Whenever she saw him, her heart raced like a young girl's. And every time, without fail, she told him the same thing: It's okay. I had a happy life. Just like my mother wanted.

And with that, a faint smile skimmed across the lips of that gorgeous young man, and every time she had the dream, Sue was proud to have put it there. It was just such a smile.

"

― Chapter 7, Tyrant's Star Part 4

Summary
To summarize, the Vampire Hunter D verse consists of multiple universes and extradimensional realms of four-dimensional spaces like King Minos' Labyrinth as well as other universal realms such as the quantum realm, the afterlife, the dream realm, and even the realm of complete nothingness. The verse also contains higher dimensions such as the fourth dimension and higher dimensional realms beyond the flow of time such as memory time, land of gods, void realm, and so on. However, all of creation is governed by the Akashic Records which originated and exists in a tremendously vast realm seemingly beyond all of creation as well as being transcendental to it and is imprinted with all information pertaining to all of creation which allows the user to see and control everything in lower realities as nothing but a book.

Since the Records can govern infinite possiblities on a Multiverse structure and it's on domain being transcedental to 4-D space, my suggestion is to upgrade the records to "At least 2-A, likely Low 1-C", or just Low 1-C

This looks interesting~

Also minor note, but you want to look at the link you put for said Elder God. It links to a completely different character when the one you want is this.

Just curious here: While the Akashic Records itself will be 2-A possibly Low 1-C, those like D and others who can freely manipulate it will have that as hax correct?

Was just gonna bump this myself but ya beat me to the punch.

Is there anything else other than input that this needs until it can be implemented? My best guess is probably getting staff input to look at this too, perhaps those familiar with the tiering system like Ultima.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Was just gonna bump this myself but ya beat me to the punch.
Is there anything else other than input that this needs until it can be implemented? My best guess is probably getting staff input to look at this too, perhaps those familiar with the tiering system like Ultima.
We just need one or two staff members to approve

I don't think a throwaway mention of "infinite possibilities" is enough for the Akashic Records to qualify as 2-A in this case, especially since they are stated in pretty clear-cut terms to encompass the solid, actualized multiverse and it's past and future in a deterministic (i.e governed by a fate set in stone) manner, and not random possibilities of some given scenario, so unless the setting works under some Many-Worlds Interpretation type of thing, I don't see 2-A being warranted here.

Low 1-C also seems kinda exaggerated. People who manipulate the Records being able to see past and future and manipulate them as if reading and rewriting a book looks more like a metaphor describing how they work, not a literal comparision that's meant to show they contain all of existence as fiction or something.

I doubt the other staff, whose votes are needed for a CRT like this to go through, will accept considering Ultima disagreed.

Ultima Reality said:
I don't think a throwaway mention of "infinite possibilities" is enough for the Akashic Records to qualify as 2-A in this case, especially since they are stated in pretty clear-cut terms to encompass the solid, actualized multiverse and it's past and future in a deterministic (i.e governed by a fate set in stone) manner, and not random possibilities of some given scenario, so unless the setting works under some Many-Worlds Interpretation type of thing, I don't see 2-A being warranted here.
Low 1-C also seems kinda exaggerated. People who manipulate the Records being able to see past and future and manipulate them as if reading and rewriting a book looks more like a metaphor describing how they work, not a literal comparision that's meant to show they contain all of existence as fiction or something.
The AR is an extremely large dimension containing Ether that erases 4-D space and exists beyond it. It encompasses all of creation of creation consisting of the different universes, metaphysical and higher dimensional realms, voids without space-time that exists beyond the universes etc. The "seeing everything as fiction" Metaphor isnt really a metaphor when youre in the AR's dimension and youre using it to view and control all lower realities.

As for 2-A, the infinite possibilities are things that can be manifested and materalized by the user.

Yes, my apologies, but Ultima is one of our most reliable available experts for this kind of issue.

You can ask some other administrators to help out here if you wish though.

AogiriKira said:
The AR is an extremely large dimension containing Ether that erases 4-D space and exists beyond it. It encompasses all of creation of creation consisting of the different universes, metaphysical and higher dimensional realms, voids without space-time that exists beyond the universes etc.
Encompassing all of creation doesn't really tell us much of anything suggesting Low 1-C, and the Records' dimension lacking space and time isn't necessarily grounds for that tier either. The voids of nothingness which the OP mentioned would normally be good evidence for Low 1-C, but this seems to be one of those cases where nonexistence and existence are portrayed as counterparts that stand "side-by-side" with one another, instead of the former completely trivializing the latter or something of the sort, so I am not really sure on that.

AogiriKira said:
The "seeing everything as fiction" Metaphor isnt really a metaphor when youre in the AR's dimension and youre using it to view and control all lower realities.
My issue is that the Records seeing creation as fiction isn't really implied in the text, at least from what I see. At most its users are stated to be able to "read" all of past and future through them, which is a ridiculously vague thing to infer a reality-fiction difference from, although maybe I am missing something here.

The Records being independent from the existence of the "world" could lead to something, but I'd like to see what other people think before saying anything concrete.

AogiriKira said:
As for 2-A, the infinite possibilities are things that can be manifested and materalized by the user
Is there a scan for this?

Antvasima said:
Yes, my apologies, but Ultima is one of our most reliable available experts for this kind of issue.
I am not exactly sure if this translates to "disagree with everything because Ultima did", but okay

Well, it means that you are usually very reliable regarding this kind of issue.

"At most its users are stated to be able to "read" all of past and future through them, which is a ridiculously vague thing to infer a reality-fiction difference from, although maybe I am missing something here."

The users don't simply read through it, there are feats of characters using the records to alter reality. For example D used the Records to alter the events of Tyrant's stars, basically undo'ing the entire story and creating a new ending where Valcua is defeated and no one dies. The Record itself is made of Ether that can erase someone from past present and future if they were to touch it, to a point where everyone who knew that person forgets who they even were. Valcua himself also has other feats with use of the Records such as stealing powers across the timeline and giving them to himself. D Could even use the records whilst in the present to directly interact with Sue's dreams in the future, further implying it's higher dimensional existence. It's a primordial force that governs all of reality containing all of time and space, and can shape it to how the user sees fit, not just something you read through and do **** all with.

Even if we want to say it cant be counted as a reality fiction difference, there are realms such as memory time which are above the fourth dimension and unreachable to it. And dimensions have been shown to be different levels of transcendence / higher infinities as shown when Gilzen turns someone into a 2-D being and that being cant even interact with or touch anything.

And then theres the Void Realm, which exists beyond universes and has no space-time, to where even hundreds of millions of years means nothing in the real world.

As for 2-A manifestations i'll try to find the scan soon.

Ah, giving another read to the OP, Low 1-C seems fine to me now, given the Records encompass all of creation and are in an external realm where space-time can be shaped as a narrative from the outside. The latter bit was probably what I was missing in the first place.

Sorry for the delayed reply, by the way.

Ultima Reality said:
Ah, giving another read to the OP, Low 1-C seems fine to me now, given the Records encompass all of creation and are in an external realm where space-time can be shaped as a narrative from the outside. The latter bit was probably what I was missing in the first place.
Sorry for the delayed reply, by the way.
Thanks Ultima. In your opinion is it clear cut enough to put just straight up "Low 1-C" or a "Possibly Low 1-C"?

Solid Low 1-C is fine by me, since from what the excerpts above say, D and the dimension in which the AR exist weren't affected in the slightest by him retconning the events of the entire novel through the latter, so the Records existing beyond space-time seems to be pretty much a given here.

Oooooooh baby, I totally agree with this upgrade. Also thanks for the summary at the end so my brain doesn't fry itself too much xD

That's a huge IF, tbh. Depends on if simple immunity to said power grants a tangible durability feat. Idk how works out here with the rulings.

Distant One11986 said:
guys should D have Durability Low Complex Multiverse level?cause he is immune to the power of the AR. right?
I wouldnt say so. The AR is hax not ap, it's not a physically tangible thing you can hit people with, its composed of Ether that will erase you if you touch it.

And well... giving D Low 1-C durability would kind of be very inconsistent with the story, considering the fact he has this immunity to the records from the beginning of the series. That would require us to assume Beginnng of Series fodder such as Magnus Lee and Mayerling have Low 1-C AP via harming D.

What Ultima has accepted can probably be applied.

Back