• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Actually in Overlord there is a undead that can passively devour the souls of those close to it and yes Ains resist it.

Also Ains could not do the same to Shalltear because she already was an undead.

So depending of how we consider the 6 paths Ains will have 2 options:

1.- We consider them as undead and Ains know that from the beginning via his passive and don't waste time trying Instant death attacks

2.- We consider them as corpses and If Ains were to discover that he ends the fight transforming them into Death Knights

Someone who likes to read said:
Actually in Overlord there is a undead that can passively devour the souls of those close to it and yes Ains resist it.
Also Ains could not do the same to Shalltear because she already was an undead.

So depending of how we consider the 6 paths Ains will have 2 options:

1.- We consider them as undead and Ains know that from the beginning via his passive and don't waste time trying Instant death attacks

2.- We consider them as corpses and If Ains were to discover that he ends the fight transforming them into Death Knights
well the rods would still be in the body and nagato would still be able to manipulate the corpses so that doesn't affect them.

There are the souls eaters and Ains itself said that they devored souls.

So they actually attack souls just that because in the game there were not soul attacks they ended up being resisted via Death resistance.

Ainz turned his gaze to the demihuman position. Half of it had already been destroyed, and Soul Eaters were walking lazily among the fleeing demihumans. Even that much was enough to send the demihumans collapsing in droves from their instant death auras. The Soul Eaters who consumed their souls became stronger in turn. When Soul Eaters appeared in YGGDRASIL, they were almost always level-appropriate encounters, so the chances of a player being downed by an instant death effect would only be one in a hundred or less. That was why this special ability of Soul Eaters rarely got the chance to see use. However, it was different this time. This was the perfect opportunity to show it off.

"Souls, huh... oh no. I should have experimented with this."

"They could consume the souls of the deceased for sustenance and grew stronger the more souls they ate."

This does not imply they have a soul hax aura, only that they are capable of consuming them from the deceased.

Island level pain XD lmao

Anyways, Ainz timestops and uses TGOALID, or just use the wish upon a star, or another op world class item

Konaguna said:
Island level pain XD lmao
Anyways, Ainz timestops and uses TGOALID, or just use the wish upon a star, or another op world class item
timestop not allowed and he doesn't have any world items with him

Doesn't say he doesn't have them, I forgot about timestop.

he wishes for himself to win lol

or kills them with literal death that is TGOALID while absorbing and negating their magic due to verse being equal.

Konaguna said:
Doesn't say he doesn't have them, I forgot about timestop.
he wishes for himself to win lol

or kills them with literal death that is TGOALID while absorbing and negating their magic due to verse being equal.
>He wishes for himself to win

I am leaning on ainz winning, but that's NLF and you know it.

And ainz can't absorb magic.

Ainz cast perfect unknowable, Ainz cast fly, Ainz cast greater teleportation, Ainz cast black hole, Ainz cast TGOALD, Ainz cast fallen down, Ainz cast maximize reality slash... Pain literally can't do anything about all of this.

What can Pain do? Soul rip. But why would Ainz let him do this?

Btw, Ainz probably can resurrect himself after his soul been extracted. it's just speculation tho.

I've been wondering. The Paths seem to go down once sufficient damage has been done to them (1 or 2 Rasengan total these things). With this being the case, shouldn't Grasp Heart just one shot each of them?

Also Ainz is pretty cautious so he casts Mana Essence, sees their "mana" coming from somewhere else, drops a nice big meteor roughly on that area and goes home to his Man Tomb.

OpMasada said:
No proof, literally none, no speculation needed.
The resurrection thing- I was referring to that.
It's just about how resurrecting in overlord works, souls and such. But as i said it's just speculation.

Death manip isn't soul manip. One is just dying, of course you can ressurect from it, that's the definition of resurrection. The other involves interact with the part of you that can survive after the body's death.

Anyway, pretty sure lizard man's resurrection proves that the soul is involved in resurrection. i.e. if yours is destroyed, you can't come back.

Pretty sure TGoALiD kills everything targeted by the death spell. It doesn't actually matter either way since Soul Manipulation is a type of Necromancy which he resists, Ainz choke slams the Human Path and laughs.

AnonymousBlank said:
Pretty sure TGoALiD kills everything targeted by the death spell.
I don't think so. He definitely didn't kill "soul". Not souls like Bleach souls, just different kind of it.

AnonymousBlank said:
Pretty sure TGoALiD kills everything targeted by the death spell. It doesn't actually matter either way since Soul Manipulation is a type of Necromancy which he resists, Ainz choke slams the Human Path and laughs.
If it is not said soul manip is included with necromancy, that argument is shit.

Maraderchik said:
AnonymousBlank said:
Pretty sure TGoALiD kills everything targeted by the death spell.
I don't think so. He definitely didn't kill "soul". Not souls like Bleach souls, just different kind of it.
Ainz and Demiurge already discussed ressurection with each other, and they mentioned it works via souls, so it definitely didn't destroy the soul.

If that was @ me, I was simply pointing out Ainz resists soul rip since manipulation =/= resistance. If it wasn't @ me, plz ignore this post.

I'm very confused now.

I was simply pointing out Ainz resists soul rip since manipulation =/= resistance.

That's literally make no sense.

Being able to manipulate something doesn't mean you inherently have a resistance to it, examples include: Zuko bends (manipulates) fire but still got his face lit up by Ozai.

Voldemort manipulates death (Avada Kedavra) but his soul in Harry still dies when he smack Harry with the green beam of death.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Masada
Necromancy

Now I'm not certain, but I do have a suspicion that Manipulation of Souls is similar to Soul Manipulation. ovo
Are you purposefully ignoring context as an argument? That page doesn't say anything at all about necromancy always being the manipulation of souls.

AnonymousBlank said:
Being able to manipulate something doesn't mean you inherently have a resistance to it, examples include:
I just thought you arguing about Ainz have Soul Manip resistance because he got Soul Manip. Nvm then.

@Masada

Just a heads up, you double posted.

The necromancy we have seen in Overlord includes manipulating both souls and dead bodies. Why would Ainz not have resistance to something shown in his verse when he is explicitly given resistance to it?

AnonymousBlank said:
@Masada
Just a heads up, you double posted.

The necromancy we have seen in Overlord includes manipulating both souls and dead bodies. Why would Ainz not have resistance to something shown in his verse when he is explicitly given resistance to it?
Give proof that it manipulates souls, and give proof that it's necromancy.

If you are talking about the Necromancy of Ains here is the proof.

Vol. 13

"Souls, huh… oh no. I should have experimented with this."

Ainz suddenly landed. Then he used his ability to create mid-tier undead to craft a Soul Eater.

Go.

After he issued a mental command, the Soul Eater immediately began to move. At the same time, he sent an order to the Soul Eaters who were obliterating the demihumans outside.

It went: leave some prey for the newly-made Soul Eater.

Undead created with corpses did not vanish with the passage of time. But why did they not vanish?

If it's not because they're using the corpse as a medium, but the soul, does it mean that Soul Eaters which have eaten souls won't vanish? ...Well, even if I found the answer I wouldn't know where to apply it. Still, knowing is better than not knowing.

Ains states that when he uses a corpse to create undead he doesn't use the corpse as the medium but the soul of it, which is Necromancy via Manipulation of Souls.

So while he have Necromancy via Soul manip, he can't via Death Bodies Manip.

He doesn't say it uses the soul, he asks himself a question. He literally says "even if I found the answer" in the next sentence.

Furthermore, by his question of what would happen if soul eaters have eaten a soul, it doesn't seem like he's even speculating his necromancy is manipulating souls, but that the undead he creates uses souls to stay existent.

Back