• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Gilgamesh (Fate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I mean. Momon and Ainz are the same person. As for Momon having one, I think the public sentiment is more that he has a ridiculously powerful magical artifact.

While gil is arrogant, ainz never underestimate his opponent. Also ainz shows that he can manipulate pvp information (during his battle against shaltear) so win for ainz.

Makina Yuki said:
While gil is arrogant, ainz never underestimate his opponent. Also ainz shows that he can manipulate pvp information (during his battle against shaltear) so win for ainz.
PvP information? How is that relevant?

It relevant because pvp is ygdrasill term for one on one battle without support from third party. I think Its not different with normal one on one battle.

I vote for Gilgamesh, simply because unlike Ainz, Gil got Sha nagba imuru, recognizing Ainz hax(including Cry of Banshee and TGoALiD combo) and powers at first glance and therefore will take him really seriously. Saying arrogance will cause him to lose is really ignorant of his character, need to read more lore about him buddy.

He gets really high Magic resistance from his treasury not just armor(think Diablos charms). Golden armor best power is blocking petrification from a divine beast not magic resist. He can't choose what he can fire? He actually can, its child's play to him. See vs Heracles UBW route.

He got more than just Harpe that have anti-undead properties obviously, not to mention holy and fire NPs. Ainz got items with hax, Gilgamesh also have the NP items with same hax, not to mention many of Ainz hax items are consumables and much lesser in number than Gil, not counting Ea.

Once Gilgamesh see's Ainz as a very dangerous and powerful foe(which HE IS), he will not hesitate to use Ea to utterly destroy him. He is not really battle geek to toy with someone who can instant kill him.

If we're going with the Goal of All Life is Death, it really comes down to if Ainz can survive the twelve seconds it takes before GoALiD takes effect.

ainz will pretty much overpower him with magic and time manipulation gilga may have resistance but its only resistance not immunity means that ainz magic will still hurt him really really bad plus ainz will use all of his trump card and just used heart grasp or the goal of life is death and widen its area with cry of banshee and or use wish upon a star theres a lot of option of ainz to kill gilgamesh

Funny many ones who sided with Ainz never gave any good explanation why, but still gotten votes. Well that's not surprising, it's not like this site accurately did most of the matches right. Just give this to Ainz and be done with this another farce.

Uuuhuh.. no good explanations..? How about you give one for Gilgamesh? It's not like there's 7 votes yet (we need 7 votes).

Give me some examples of people on this thread not giving good and explanations, and matches that aren't done right that are farces, then I'll believe you.

Nope, I'm not interested anymore, I've put all the points in my previous post here that no one even cared, they can't even try to refute it, never found my previous post, go find it.

Well it's not like this forum is trying for accurate measurements of fictional characters power, its just for fun and wanking, so I'm not really keen to try to make Gil win here as it just a waste for me.

Well if you want to have complete votes then I'll vote for Ainz for more hax. There, I voted, now put it now in Ainz page and lock this "accurate" thread.

I would give this to GIl-kun, yes Ainz has a lot of magic that can kill GIl but that only if its lands. Grasp Heart can be resisted and if Gil can resist All the World's evil and not get curropted I bet he can resist Grasp heart. Most of Gil's Powerful wepons can easily be seen as God killing wepons so a single good hit from any of them would at least criticaly injure him and most of Ainz's speels requiers time to cast the spell which would give Gil a massive advantage. Ea can not be blocked only stopped by avalon and I doubt that Ainz has anything close to Avalon's level of protection.

Ea casually overwelms Excalibur which is also a Small Island attack so Ea could easily kill Ainz if it hits him. Ainz is up and formost a mage so he is not as skilled as a worrior while Gil is, sure it might not be up par with other Servants but its still there. The only way the Ainz would be able to handle Gil in a phisycal contest is through Perfect Worriar and I think that would put him at a dissavantage againts someone that is a War type servant like Gil. It would Take Gil a single moment just to exploit any opennings that Ainz has and any immortal slayers that he has could easily kill Ainz.

Here's how I can see each commbatments can win, Ainz could win if thorugh careful planning and proper Preperation just to win againts Gil. While for gil it would take a single hit from a wepon from GoB just to stager him even if it didn't do any damage but in that moment he could easily rain down wepons of mass destruction to turn him to dust. If Gil desided he was tired of the battle and wanted to end it quickly Enkidu could easily bind him for a good couple of second just to give Gil the time he needed to send a strick to kill him or turn him to dust through Ea.

While Ainz is certainly not a physical-orientated person, he's not exactly immobile, either. The 3rd tier spell 'Flight' gives him pretty much unlimited flight at unknown speeds. Gil would probably have trouble hitting him, barring massive AoE attacks and stuns. As for that, there's also his racial immunities, specced immunities, and defensive spells to consider. My vote's still with Ainz.

Gil's GoB attack is so strong that its easily tear through Medea's magical shiled who is a far more skilled Magician then Ainz and yet her's was torn through in an instant when he started attacking. Ainz'a Racial Immunity is actually not immunity but rather High risistance towords Physical attacks that can shrug normal Human attack but Servants a surpiror towards humans even Caster is suprior to humans and she's the weakes servant in strength. his 'specced immunities' is actually an Magical skill that requiers an certain interval of time to initiate and that time could easily be exploided by Gil.

Ainz's specilty is Necromancy and Offencive spells Defensive spells weren't his forte and any that he can build can be destroyed b Gil's GoB. As for his Flight spell considering that their Speed is equal but Gil originally hade higher speed and reflexes he can at least give Ainz and hard time if he dicided to go in the air, at most he can easily pick him out the air with a few well placed gates. even lets say he can shrug off a couple of hits from GoB because of his Undead status he does have a limit and it can be overwelm through a simple "rain of blades' if Ainz even staggers for at least a couple seconds which he is septible to.

The real matter is, as it's always been, if Ainz would survive the twelve seconds necessary for the Goal of All Life is Death to work. If he can, Gil dies.

I'm pretty sure that GIl can easily skewer Ainz with hundreds of blades in a couple of seconds so 12 seconds would be too much for him even with his resistance. On the off chance that he does survive and onslaut of powerful wepons that could easily reder a town to asunder getting out of the 200 meter radius is childs play for gil.

Let us not forget that Ainz also specialized in necromancy. Which I forgot about, too. He can easily summon numerous, high-defense body shields without impeding The Goal of All Life is Death.

Elbert Doomray said:
Let us not forget that Ainz also specialized in necromancy. Which I forgot about, too. He can easily summon numerous, high-defense body shields without impeding The Goal of All Life is Death.
That won't matter at all as Gil's Immortal Slaying Scythe will make very short work of them.

plus I bet a lot of them are complete fodder to Gil, I doubt that they would last one hit from any of Gil's wepons.

I'm voting for Gil because he will immediately see Ainz as a threat and finish him off with a myriad of weapons including Ea, ISS, etc.

Xmark12 said:
6 - 5, what a comeback =)
I know this is considered cheating... But thanks to ScarletFirefly's arguments, I am inclined to vote for Gil instead. I am the type of person who can change my thoughts after evidence is presented after all, and JBennett seems to have a pretty solid argument.

So is it okay if I change my vote to the King of Heroes?

Elbert Doomray said:
Should be. Even if it's to turn traitor against the glorious Ainz Ooal Gown.
  • Overlord fanboy*
It is? Okay never mind then...

EDIT: Realized that you were joking. XD But yeah, betraying the great Ainz is the last thing I would do, but alas...

So going through the thread and counting votes, the current tally is:

Ainz (4 valid votes, 2 invalid votes, 1 unclear but probably in favor): Elbert Doomray, Gemmysaur, A Hero Long Forgotten (questionable since OP stated Gil is serious), MakinaYuki (same case, Gil is serious and won't underestimate), OmniEverything, CoreOfImbalance, Promstein (not really clear, but siding with Ainz I think)

Gilgamesh (5 votes) : ScarletFirefly, JBennet, Tivanenk, ShinyMagicalGirl (changed the vote to Gil), SageGodSlayer

Revoked Votes: NotEvenHuman, Zero Omega EX

If there's any error, feel free to correct me.

Because I have actually been re-reading Overlord in anticipation for vol. 11 next month, I have a more coherent arguement to present. That said,

Ainz, for starters, has minor reality warping via the spell 'Wish'. In the game Yggdrasil, it was simply an ability that granted a random effect, but upon being transferred to the 'new world' in which Overlord is set, it grants any wish that it's user desires.

"Ainz realised that [Wish Upon A Star] worked differently here than it did in YGGDRASIL.

When Ainz had first learned of Nfirea's talent, he had idly wondered if he could steal it with [Wish Upon A Star]. Now, he realized that he could have done it. In this world, [Wish Upon a Star] was a spell that would grant its caster's wishes. Although it would still expend XP, [Wish Upon A Star] was now a spell that could make the impossible possible. In addition, by sacrificing five levels — 500% of his XP, one could grant even more greater wishes." I still have yet to read up on Gilgamesh, but Wish Upon a Star alone should probably boost his power to roughly Ea's. The only thing that was shown to be able to stop 'Wish' is a world-class item. Which, to be succinct, it the crystalized version of a destroyed world. " The World Tree YGGDRASIL had countless leaves, but then a gigantic monster appeared which devoured these leaves, causing them to fall one after the other, until only nine were left. "

"What did those World-Class Items represent? They were equivalent to those other leaves — in other words, a single World-Class Item represented a world. Thus, the basic design principle of World-Class Items was that they possessed enormous power, and indeed, many World-Class Items were extremely powerful."

Based on what little I know of Ea, it has the power to destroy the world. Thus, I would put it roughly equivalent to World Items, whom are shown to have the ability to do the impossible; Things like erasing people completely and utterly from existence, altering the fundamental laws of magic, altering the universe, and a weapon that grows in strength infinitely.

"There was [Five-Element Progression], which could request the YGGDRASIL developers to change part of the magic system.

There was also [Ouroboros], which could request a more far-reaching change to the system than [Five-Element Progression]. Then, there was the most powerful World-Class Item, [World Savior]. Normally, it only had the power of an ordinary club, but it could grow in strength without limit. A single enemy with this item could conquer the whole of Nazarick, even at the height of its power with all its members present." Ainz himself posses a multitude of these items, holding eleven in total, two of which belong to a group known as 'The Twenty'. The twenty are one-use only, after which they disappear, but they have greater power than even those listed above, which are simply normal-class world items. "The items known as the Twenty were so powerful that they would vanish after being used once, which was why he could not bear to use them lightly, but instead treated them as trump cards. Ainz Ooal Gown proudly boasted possession of two the the Twenty. " It's unknown which of the twenty Ainz possesses, but he does possess them and one can assume they are extremely destructive. At the very least, possession of a world-item is suggested to grant protection from similiarly powerful artifacts. "he only way to protect against the effects of a World-Class Item is to have a World-Class Item yourself." So he's got that going for him. Aside from that, however, there's a world item which he possesses that is of particular note to this discussion; 'Picture of Nature & Nation', which possesses the ability to permenantly trap another in an alternate dimension. I'd say that'd render Gil unable to fight. For that reason alone, I'd say Ainz would win. There's more I could probably dig up, but being able to [possibly] resist whatever trickery Ea does besides blow up the world, reality alteration, and the ability to trap Gil in another dimension is overkill enough.

Ainz, for starters, has minor reality warping via the spell 'Wish'. In the game Yggdrasil, it was simply an ability that granted a random effect, but upon being transferred to the 'new world' in which Overlord is set, it grants any wish that it's user desires.
Well you see the thing is, if Ainz was able to do anything he wanted with Wish, he would have reality warping powers of the degree of Universal Beings. He could rewrite reality or destroy it altogether. Wish is a severe case of the No Limits Fallacy. He could give himself unlimited wishes without spending anymore EXP, delete all his opponents etc. See how ridiculous this starts to sound? The limits of the spell are tied to the game mechanics, or else the whole story would have no sense anymore. Going by game mechanics, it should have a list of what it can do, else it falls in the NLF category.

Gilgamesh cannot be trapped in a different dimension since he can destroy it with Ea, like he did with Iskander's Reality Marble. Also using Longinus would delete the user from reality as well, so it's pointless. Having those said, every single one of the items you mentioned are useless here since Ainz himself is not in the possession of any of them.

The World Items in the possession of Ainz Ooal Gown(the guild, not Ainz himself) are:

1. Ginnungagap - Destroys large areas, not useful against individuals.

2. Throne of Kings - Just a throne. Unknown abilities.

3. Avarice and Generous - Absorbs EXP and can store it. Not really relevant.

4. Picture of Nature and Natio - Traps the user in another dimension. See above for explanation.

5. Grail of Hygieia - Unknown abilities.

6. Billion Blades - Unknown abilities.

All other World Class items are unknown. These are all World Items that are in the possession of the guild, not Ainz himself mind you. Ainz himself has 2 Unknow Twenty items. The full twenty is unknown so any talk of World Items is pointless.

The whole reason Ainz doesn't go full-on Gurren Lagann -style reality warping is because it would cost him levels; In other words, pure power. With no way to regain that xp, he refuses to use the greater power of 'Wish'. Besides that, despite supposedly learning the spell himself, we've only seen it tied to a limited use, non-replenishable cash shop item. As an obssessive collector, and worrier, he refuses to use cash shop items when he could possibly do something else. But he has the ring at all times, and it's easy enough to assume he would use it if he deemed his life in-danger.

As for destroying Picture of Nation & Nature, that's debatable due to the previously discussed resistance to other similiarly powerful artifacts.

As for Ainz actually having them, if Ainz knows that Gil is boasting seriously powerful weapons, as is specified by the OP, he'd arm himself with World-items.

I don't know why you're still going on with this. There is no prep time for this battle and Ainz doesn't go around with the items in his hand. Not to mention that most do not even belong to him anymore. So again, any talk of unknown or otherwise world items, is moot.

Gilgamesh with little trouble cause he's too cocky to go all out in the beginning.

But in the end he would Ea the skeleton out of existence.

Gil for all the previous points. Luck and Magic resistance knocks out insta-death, and blade spam with weapons that negate durability and healing easily take out Ainz before TGoALiD activates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back