• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown tries to solo your verse

I don't know if that works on JoJo characters, it was stated that literally only Stand users are capable of seeing Stands I have no idea what NPI is but 3/4 stands in JoJo are Massively FTL while Ainz is like Supersonic? So they should blitz him

Stands with that kind of speed usually have severe range limitations, and even the ones who are both fast and long-ranged are still limited by their users. If they don't know Ainz is coming, there's probably not much they can do. Also, stands are supposed to be manifestations of your soul or fighting spirit, so Ainz could probably see them. Not sure about Ainz's minions, though. The biggest threat to Ainz is probably GER, which is pretty ironic since Made in Heaven will be no problem, and Made in Heaven overrides GER.

Mob Psycho 100

Round 1- the only guy in the entire verse who can beat Ainz speed equal in a head-on battle is ???% Mob, who needs specific conditions to reach this form. (and very unlikely the ghosts, since Ainz apparently lacks possession resistance)

The only way he can beat Ainz is by sneaking on him(wich is hard when your footsteps cause powerful earthquakes who can be felt in neighboring cities and your ESP causes large tornados), killing him once (who then revives) and then sacrificing himself to kill him again with his tought based TK vs Ainz's tought based death magic.

Ainz most likely notices him first, checks his power, gets scared, casts a stealth spell, puts on his mana hiding ring(to protect himself from having his mana sensed), timestops, casts a death spell and runs away.

Round 2- above, but much more easily (also gets some of the power infatuated espers to join)

Fumetsu no anata e

Round 1- soloes the whole verse no diff, likely takes fushi as a collectioner toy.

Round 2- same

OPM

Round 1- hard to say, Ainz's intellect means that if he went rogue the HA would likely be unable to keep watch on him, and a fair amount of heroes and monsters have the AP to kill him, but his teleport stealth and death magic should be enough to easily manage surviving, save for picking a fight with Saitama's group / tatsumaki + S-class heroes or Boros' Dark matter thieves (as all have characters with high range, AP and AOE power to give him a hard match). (Garou wouldn't be as bad, since he walks alone)

The real question is if he would chose to join the hero association as Momon or Dominate the monster association as Ainz Ooal Gown.

Round 2- He and demiurge can outsmart the HA rather easily, and likely get Bofoi and a bunch of mercenaries and maybe more intelligent monsters to work for Nazarick, making any hero who opposes them the villains instead. i see this becoming more of a world domination chess match rather than an outright war.

Warhammer fantasy: Ainz and co goes fairly good for a time until...

Lizardman: aww shit, here we go again.

Then...

Old world gods: Allow us to introduce ourselves.

Warhammer 40k: can't even achieve FTL technologies and if they fall on an important world they get curbstomped by the insane firepower of any race in the galaxy.

Age of sigmar: any champion will conquer nazarick.

Touhou: just another youkai to be exterminated...

wait warhammer isn't there a god of plotting/conspiracies? Cause it would be hilarous if that god ended up thinking ainz is some master schemer and wanted him as a desciple, (Note Im aware the god would see right through ainz but it would be so funny :p)

Well here goes

World of Darkness: Round 1 is a hard no, Caine stands there. Tremere or Giovanni offer Ainz an internship and embrace. Roud 2 is also a no, they probably attract the attention of a city's various supernatural communites and end up uniting against Ainz and co.

Infamous: Round 1 is interesting, I feel Ainz can do a lot of damage personally but I kinda wanna say he stops at RFI Cole. Round 2 considering Ainz has backup and prep with that combination I imagine he can solo with enough effort.

Jojo: Obvious example of GERdabs.png, perhaps Heavy Weather can do something. Round 2 pretty much goes the same with GER though.

Castlevania: Nah round 1, can maybe beat Leon but still. Round 2 at best he gets to Dracula and they all end up very much done for.

Bobobobo: Both rounds. Pull my finger.

See Im not so sure if infamous round one can win speed equal, the world has tons of abilities and powers but the fight opens and ainz cast death/grasp heart and cole/misc conduits die as they lack any resistance to such. Sure if someone like cole got off a hit he'd kill ainz but ainz then self ressurects, teleports away and cast death. Saying that coles profile is massive, but I don't see anything giving him resistance to death manip.

Epiccheev said:
Mob Psycho 100
Round 1- the only guy in the entire verse who can beat Ainz speed equal in a head-on battle is ???% Mob, who needs specific conditions to reach this form. (and very unlikely the ghosts, since Ainz apparently lacks possession resistance)

The only way he can beat Ainz is by sneaking on him(wich is hard when your footsteps cause powerful earthquakes who can be felt in neighboring cities and your ESP causes large tornados), killing him once (who then revives) and then sacrificing himself to kill him again with his tought based TK vs Ainz's tought based death magic.
If it's verse equalized, can't ???% Mob still absorb his mana?

Star Wars: Round 1, perhaps he gets yeeted by Nihilus. Doesn't solo at any rate, Round 2 prolly gets the top tiers to pay attention.

Darkest Dungeon: Round 1, well without prep I don't think he takes this. Would Ancestor's madness manip work on him? Round 2. Now with backup and prep I'd give it to him though the farmstead may prove troublesome.

SpookyShadow said:
Is there a thing that guy doesn't resist?
Yes but there rare, and odds are ainz has specific equipment he can switch into to resist whatever your thinking of :p slight exaggeration aside but ainz two weaknesses are holy and fire but he can lol nope one of them with prep. Meaning if he has preptime/prior knowledge he can resist his racial weakness on top of his normal resistance...

Ainz and co have resistance/immunity to restraining effects...they can't turn intangible (may be a spell for that but weve never seen it) but if anything tries to restrain there movement they simply pass through due to their resistance. Entoma phases through a net due to her resistance.

So to answer your question no, ainz doesn't resist everything, just most thing :p

Stillwinston said:
Would Ancestor's madness manip work on him?
Ainz resist mind manip that pierces resistance to mind manip...So maybe? How strong are ancestors mind hax? His madness manip is listed as type two and three so ainz should resist type two and type three might work? Maybe.

SpookyShadow said:
If it's verse equalized, can't ???% Mob still absorb his mana?
Ainz resists, even if he didn't absorbing it would be harmful for Mob, since he runs on negative energy. if we equalize it to Mogami poisoning himself by eating evil spirit's energy, Mob would die if he ate too much, and then become an evil spirit ala Mogami(wich now that i think of would be very bad for Ainz).

The 2 things Ainz doesn't resist that i can cite from the top of my head are possession and transmutation (he would totally resists them if they eventually showed up offensively tho)

The pen or the sword said:
Ainz resist mind manip that pierces resistance to mind manip...So maybe? How strong are ancestors mind hax? His madness manip is listed as type two and three so ainz should resist type two and type three might work? Maybe.
Well type three could possibly work, might wanna check out Ancestor vs Alex Mercer here about it. That said would Ainz and his death manip work on Ancestor's type 8? This might actually be a match idea now that I think on it.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2183454#12

Yes but there rare, and odds are ainz has specific equipment he can switch into to resist whatever your thinking of :p slight exaggeration aside but ainz two weaknesses are holy and fire but he can lol nope one of them with prep. Meaning if he has preptime/prior knowledge he can resist his racial weakness on top of his normal resistance...

Ainz and co have resistance/immunity to restraining effects...they can't turn intangible (may be a spell for that but weve never seen it) but if anything tries to restrain there movement they simply pass through due to their resistance. Entoma phases through a net due to her resistance.

So to answer your question no, ainz doesn't resist everything, just most thing :p

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he doesn't resist things on some higher level than those of his opponents. What was the strongest Ainz opponent (not from Nazarick)?

Ainz resists what he's been shown to resist, which seems to be lower than Dio's stuff

With the Dio situation, Dio has to touch him, and since Ainz has an aura that causes instant death, that's not happening

Do only needs to make fist contact and Ainz is goddamn dead. Dio can also instantly rewrite what happened so the instant death aura never happened. He can time stop and then just use his fist.

Only physical damage dealt to Stands (punches etc) is dealt to users. Ainz shouldn't even be supposed to see Stands as only Stand users can see them. You seem quite knowledgeable about Overlord so I ask if it ever dealt damage to something as ghosts or that type.

Personally I think it wouldn't go well for the stand user but that is assuming a stand gets tagged by it in the first place. Regardless he don't solo Jojo cause of GER I reckon

Bobobobo: Round 1, Ainz rage quits after being subjected to too many sight gags. Round 2 is pretty much the same.

SCP Foundation: I'm not sure Ainz can take 682 down or not, he ain't soloing at any rate.

SpookyShadow said:
Only physical damage dealt to Stands (punches etc) is dealt to users. Ainz shouldn't even be supposed to see Stands as only Stand users can see them. You seem quite knowledgeable about Overlord so I ask if it ever dealt damage to something as ghosts or that type.
Are you asking if Ainz has ever done damage in general to such entities, or a specific spell/skill?

Yeah, I am asking if there was a ghost or something similar that was affected by it. Stands aren't mere ghosts though, so it still wouldn't make me sure. Stand users can for example summon only Stand's hand, so even if Ainz aura somehow could work on Stands then he stll manages to damage hand only. And if Dio figures out how it works, Ainz is ******.

Who else relevant is part of the nazarick? I don't feel like typing extra rounds so will probably only do round #2

Shalltear, Albedo, and Demi seem to at least have some explanation on their abilites, so they're more relevant

Back