• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown tries to solo your verse

SpookyShadow said:
Yeah, I am asking if there was a ghost or something similar that was affected by it. Stands aren't mere ghosts though, so it still wouldn't make me sure. Stand users can for example summon only Stand's hand, so even if Ainz aura somehow could work on Stands then he stll manages to damage hand only.
Ainz can damage things on an astral plane with Astral Smite, but that's not his Instant Death Aura, so that wouldn't be too helpful

However Dio's range is listed as 10 meters with The World Over Heaven, and Ainz's aura seems to go about that far, if not more, so when Dio gets into range to even try using his Stand, he'll be in the range of the aura

Ainz can see ghosts and affect them with spells like Astral Smite. Also, Ainz's aura has a higher range than DIO's stand.
Aura of Despair

Oh, so that is a spell. That changes few things. Dio has Massively FTL reactions and Infinite speed. Can't he blitz Ainz just before that activates?

by VsBattle rules Ainz knows he's going into a battle, so his Aura will be turned on automatically because he has no reason not to use it

SpookyShadow said:
Oh, so that is a spell. That changes few things.
Dio has Massively FTL reactions and Infinite speed. Can't he blitz Ainz just before that activates?
Small correction: it's not a spell, it's a passive skill that Ainz normally turns off so that he doesn't kill whoever he's speaking to. However, if he were to go into a battle to the death with an unknown enemy, he'd almost certainly have it on like Apeironaxim said. Also, before someone asks, I do think there's a good chance that death magic will work on DIO despite his vampiric body. Vampires in Jojo clearly have some need for their biological functions, and aren't very close to the vampires of Overlord.

Assuming speed equal

Dark Souls: Goal of All Life is Death might actually be able to permakill people who have the undead curse for once, but according to his file he can only use it once every 100 hours and there's more than one Player Character, so he just gets tier 6/4'd at some point. Others don't seem to have anything to avert this.

Magic: The Gathering: I can't remember how his match with Liliana went, but they'd stop at Nicol Bolas for sure

Bloodborne: Dark Souls but now passive madness manip

Berserk (Verse): Idea of Evil is a concept that they themselves would perpetuate. Others should die to the magic stuff

Cthulhu Mythos: Yeah

Darkest Dungeo: If anyone enters the farmstead, nobody is leaving. The Heart of Darkness eventually will wake up and destroy the planet, but even at current I don't see what stops The Ancestor from doing madness or just unmaking them.

Destiny: Player Character solos the verse. Vex have infinitely many Vex and just decide they don't exist, the Hive Gods straight up resist everything, Cabal can blow up planets and stars from their ships from too far a distance for Ainz to deal with, and even the strongest fallen like Skolas, Aksis, and the Scorn Barons like Hiraks, the Mindbender should win.

Warhammer 40,000: Powerful psykers can do what he and his gang can do. Therefore, stuff that gets sent in to deal with them (Grey Knights, Culexus Assassins, imperial Psykers, Witch Hunters) can kill him on the Imperial side. Chaos is Chaos, Necrons use their tech, Tau idk, Eldar have their own strong dudes like The Yncarne, and there's just too many tyranids especially when The Swarmlord can decide to shut off their powers.

Salt and Sanctuary: The death spells should actually let them clear, should he manage his cooldowns well.

Hotline Miami: Should clear

Hollow Knight: Should clear

Super Smash Bros.: Tier 2

The Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf should win, if not tier 2s.

DOOM: Clears, as of now

Mistbor: Gods should win, TLR might be able to shred him with alomancy due to low dura, clears otherwise

Xionic Madness: Should clear

Devil Daggers: Should clear

Titanfall (Verse): Should clear

Katana ZERO: Should clear, if he can bypass the time rewinding stuff

What are the odds Ainz and co get recruited by someone, likely Chaos, in 40K?

This isn't related to the battle, i'm just curious

Dio's time stopped GER (who had infinite speed) that was capable of walking and talking in ERASED time by Diavolo. I think Ainz can't resist that.

And I remembered that Dio should have Death Manipulation resistance. Giorno has (High 3-A) Death Manipulation and it didn't work on Dio at all.

Depends how cooperative he's willing to be. Pledging to chaos is the most likely because the walking skeleton looks pretty xeno (no for imperial), Eldar are similarly xenophobic and can't really afford to take chances in the first place, the Necrons only want to kill all life, all Orks do is fight, he probably wouldn't want to cooperate with Tau due to their brainwashing stuff, and the Tyranids just want to consume. Anyone can pledge to a chaos god or even the warp itself (chaos undivided) but it usually doesn't end well for them.

extra heretical

I concede that DIO's time stop would overwhelm Ainz's resistance, but him resisting Ainz's death magic is not so clear. Giorno's death manipulation is extremely roundabout and unconventional. He just traps enemies in an infinite cycle of death. Ainz's magic works very differently.

Wait, How would stopping someone with infinite speed imply a more powerful variant of timestop?

edit maybe I missed something but timestop/resitance to timestop/power of timestop has nothing to do with speed. When you stop time your not interacting with your opponents speed in any way your simply stopping the flow of time... Fair enough with erased time bit but Im not so sure infinite speed has anything to do with it...

The pen or the sword said:
Wait, How would stopping someone with infinite speed imply a more powerful variant of timestop?
edit maybe I missed something but timestop/resitance to timestop/power of timestop has nothing to do with speed. When you stop time your not interacting with your opponents speed in any way your simply stopping the flow of time... Fair enough with erased time bit but Im not so sure infinite speed has anything to do with it...
Infinite speed beings are immune to timestop in most cases

Ger is also passive and just resets the death aura to zero

Also where does passive death aura come from

• Despair Aura I: Has a high chance of causing Fear.
  • Despair Aura II: Has a high chance of causing Panic.
  • Despair Aura III: Has a high chance of causing Confusion.
  • Despair Aura IV: Has a high chance of causing Insanity.
  • Despair Aura V: Has a high chance of causing Instant Death

Then that means it isn't passive he has to turn it on first since he usually keeps it off

Its a togglable skill and its on by default ainz deactivates it to avoid randomly killing people but if he's in combat against an unkown opponent he's liable to have it active.

Apeironaxim said:
by Vsbattle rules Ainz knows he's going into a fight, so it would be turned on
Actually by vsbattle rules it would start off and Ainz would turn it on when he reaches the battle location

He normally keeps it deactivated due to his character meaning he has to activate it when he wants it to work

Sword Art Online: Round one he ties with WoU!Kirito. If he clears that, then SK!Kirito or SQ!Asuna stomp. Round two he destroys WoU!Kirito but SK!Kirito and SQ!Asuna still stomp.

Nasuverse: Nasuverse stomps both rounds, as someone said up top.

Paul Frank said:
He normally keeps it deactivated due to his character meaning he has to activate it when he wants it to work
It's not necessarily due to his character; it's due to the situation he's in. If he was transported to a world full of hostile enemies, he'd never turn it off.

Ainz is going into combat, I don't see why he'd have it inactive. its like saying albedo would enter the battle without her armor. She usually doesn't wear it but if she's going into battle she'll have it on. AInz is being forced into combat with an unkown foe, why wouldn't we assume he has his combat skill set to active?

For the record dio's time stop effecting someone with infinite speed would not allow it to overcome resistance to timestop. Atleast from what I heard from Mr. Bambu it simply means it can effect those with infinite speed. It doesn't scale to resistances/peircing resistances.

Back