• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding something to Yukari's list of abilities.

Yeah, so apparently, Yukari have a potent form of Mind Manipulation (Probably derive from her trademark ability?), that's allow her to even replaced someone's mind as strong as an Nine-Tailed Fox with another, complex AI of it own called Ran Yakumo. Then that mind also have the ability to replicate the same thing. Want to have some update on that

A Shikigami has like software installed into the mind and this is generally referred to or implied

But I doubt it can be applied to combat it's probably prep-heavy and not even harmful.

Besides, she didn't replace Ran's mind, she just amped it

I doubt it heavily requires on prep-heavy but it seems only applicable to shikagamis anyway. It's probably not reliable in combat as you say though.

It may not applicable for combat, but that's still a fking scary abilities to have.

And No, she completely replace the original with Foxmom Service Pack 1 OS. So much that it hasn't appear for maybe centuries, and we could assume Ran is refer to the nine-tailed fox. And isn't Shikigami could be sealed beast being converted to one, instead of just made it?

As it is in here:https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Strange_Creators_of_Outer_World/Who%27s_Who_of_Humans_%26_Youkai_in_Gensokyo/Yukari_Yakumo,_Ran_Yakumo,_and_Che

"While she employs several shikigami, the one she makes the most use of is Ran Yakumo. Be careful though: Ran Yakumo is strictly the shikigami, and the nine-tailed fox youkai she is possessing is an entirely different being. However, since the original fox never shows on the surface at all, there's no problem in thinking of Ran Yakumo as a nine-tailed fox."

..... How did I never see this before?

Edit - Because it was released a month ago. Geez. I didn't even see the date.

And noticeably.

Unlike the profiles in the Gensokyo Chronicle, which were written in-universe by Hieda no Akyuu and used to introduce new details to the setting,Who's Who is written from an out-of-universe perspective and serves mainly to summarize what is already known.

Yukari's ability is the "manipulation of boundaries". It's a far-too-powerful ability that can, logically speaking, affect anything. Naturally, if she put this ability to its full use it wouldn't even be a game, so for the purposes of the narrative she fights within the spellcard rules. Then again, it seems she was involved in the creation of these rules in the first place, so...

Anyway the shikagami memory thing makes me think of coding due to the way it's phrased. So I don't think there's any reason not to argue against that. In a way she might be able to apply it in combat, but that's a might. I do wonder how many more shikagamis does she have? Might be a fun place to look for buffs here and so far it really does show that Yukari is on a whole new level compared to everyone else if she ever fights seriously. But then again that's as good as trying to put logic in Saitama's limits on his highest end...

In there, it's also said that Tewi have more power influence to the Gensokyo's political than we thought too: The fact that the heroine managed to go into the Eientei might have her involvement.

Anyway, could I edit it now?

I suppose that this seems reasonable.

Just place "Mind Manipulation (Can replace somebody's mind, but this is likely not useful for combat purposes)" in the Powers & Abilities section, and possibly a longer explanation near the bottom of the page.

Back