• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Very Minor Yukari Addition(s) 2: The Plot Thickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I'm so ******* funny. Nobody on this site should even bother trying because I'm the queen of comedy.

Anyways Yukari can kill video game genres which should be Plot Manipulation. As further proof of this, Touhou games are confirmed to be canon in-universe; That is to say, the events of Touhou Project are canonically games and manga in the Outside World, proving the existence of a higher meta-narrative dictating the existence of Touhou's cosmology that Yukari can apparently manipulate.
unknown.png

She also needs Sealing back, since she created a drink that, when Miyoi drank it, sealed her inside the bottle. This is another instance of Dream Manipulation as well, since Miyoi is pretty obviously experiencing a nightmare in these scans. Considering the process of sealing someone in a dream like this removes their soul from their body and causes their body to fall asleep, this would be Soul Manipulation + further Sleep Manipulation justifications as well.

Yukari is considered the 'strongest youkai', which we can add as an AP justification.

Fissionism is a thing that exists now. Considering boundaries are the lines between any and all things and separate them from one another, Yukari should get this as well by virtue of creating boundaries. She already has Fusionism for removing boundaries, so adding boundaries to things should be Fissionism.

Is posting another thread so soon after another a good idea? No. I only did this so I could say it was my 3000th post.

Last edited:
Flat disagree. Their is no narrative evidence of proof it being manipulated here.
I'm... Not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. The genre of something is a narrative element that dictates certain elements of its reality; The worlds of games like Mario, for example, are built the way they are because they're s specific genre (The original Super Mario Bros likely wouldn't have bottomless pits or floating blocks if it was, say, a puzzle game or JRPG). This is especially true of Touhou, where it being a bullet hell has worked its way into the story and lore in the form of the spell card rules. Change the genre, and the story (and by extension the reality of the characters within that story) changes drastically, which should be clear plot manip.

Last edited:
Can you explain how this scan is relevant? From what I see it doesn't seem to mean anything about what you are saying at all.
Yukari is stated to be able to decide the life and death of STG (short for shoot 'em up or shmup, the kind of game genre Touhou is). Thus, she possesses some degree of control over an abstract genre in fictional media. In Touhou's case, the STG genre does indeed dictate reality, as we know that reality in Touhou exists as a series of games and associated media in-universe based on the scans in the OP, and that Touhou being a STG has determined certain elements of its reality (notably in the form of the spell card rules). So Yukari manipulating the genre of Touhou, which she can do based on the original scan, would change certain plot elements.

TL;DR: Yukari controls the life and death of genres, those genres are a narrative element that dictate reality.

Yukari is stated to be able to decide the life and death of STG (short for shoot 'em up or shmup, the kind of game genre Touhou is). Thus, she possesses some degree of control over an abstract genre in fictional media. In Touhou's case, the STG genre does indeed dictate reality, as we know that reality in Touhou exists as a series of games and associated media in-universe based on the scans in the OP, and that Touhou being a STG has determined certain elements of its reality (notably in the form of the spell card rules). So Yukari manipulating the genre of Touhou, which she can do based on the original scan, would change certain plot elements.

TL;DR: Yukari controls the life and death of genres, those genres are a narrative element that dictate reality.
Oh, this explains a lot. I guess I'll agree with the upgrade.

...I'm just realizing Yukari needs sealing back, since she created a drink that, when Miyoi drank it, sealed her inside the bottle. This is another instance of dream manipulation as well, since Miyoi is pretty obviously experiencing a nightmare in these scans. Considering the process of sealing someone in a dream like this removes their soul from their body and causes their body to fall asleep, this would be soul manipulation + further sleep manipulation justifications as well. I should go back and all the things I forgot about to the OP, actually.

The unfortunate consequences of Lotus Eaters being one of the more forgettable manga :v

And ofc this shit made me realize Touhou has even more bullshit to make threads about, god damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back