• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Concept behind King Kai wasn't a thing as of yet plus he isn't a Kai at all.
Exactly.

Future developments in Dragon Ball render past developments in Dr. Slump obsolete, ultimately damaging the connection the two have to each other.
Why would it be, when the events happened before Dragon Ball?
Pretty significant, I'd think.
Yeah because that was mentioned in Dragon Ball, Z and Gt right?
See above point.
Guess Angels aren't like that during Z's Timeline either since they never mentioned to be like that nor was the CONCEPT INVENTED YET
See above point.
Penguin Village is a rural place on an Island, coompletely isolated from the Outside World
Why would outside word people know what happens in Penguin Village and the People of Penguin Village never leave it to begin with
Also clearly you must not have known that
Eh, that's fair... but uh-
3. Senbei is canonically smarter than Bulma
Ho-yo?

Exactly.
Future developments in Dragon Ball render past developments in Dr. Slump obsolete, ultimately damaging the connection the two have to each other.
The God of the Galaxy was never stated nor confirmed nor implied to be King Kai or an iteration of him in ANY MEDIA. Its a complete headcanon assumption with no basis. If you have this proof I would love to see it.
Pretty significant, I'd think.
Significant =/= WORTH Mentioning especially when it never plays any part into the main point. Your literally asking for unnecessary points that plays no point in the overall story to be mentioned because.........
For Argument Sake, Arale broke the earth against Vegeta and no one BUT HIM mentioned it ONCE and it was never brought up again
Its a GAG FEAT from a GAG Character, it isn't gonna play a part in the main plot of DB especially when DB happens after Dr. Slump
Yeah
That explains why Senbei beat her in the Inventions competition

See above point.
See above point.
Why would plot points and new concepts and ideas brought forth from a 2015 series....
Be mentioned in 1980's???????????????????????????????????????????????????
That shares no OVERARCHING THEMES and AESTETHICS with said series???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The God of the Galaxy was never stated nor confirmed nor implied to be King Kai or an iteration of him in ANY MEDIA.
Precisely.

Dr. Slump has a God of the Galaxy, the supreme ruler of the galaxy that the series takes place in. Dragon Ball has a Kai, the supreme ruler of the galaxy that the series takes place in. Moreover, an all-powerful ruler who goes around observing the development of planets across the world and destroying select ones to maintain balance in the world?

Oh, did you mean a God of Destruction?
Its a GAG FEAT from a GAG Character, it isn't gonna play a part in the main plot of DB especially when DB happens after Dr. Slump
Oh, okay then.
Why would plot points and new concepts and ideas brought forth in a 2015 Anime....
Be mentioned in a 1980's Anime???????????????????????????????????????????????????
That shares no OVERARCHING THEMES and AESTETHICS with said anime???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Retroactive continuity, anybody?

Btw,your whole premise falls down with your own comment.

Heroes Arale is also an adaptation of the original one.
I just wanna point out that arguing that Dragon Ball and Dr.Slump aren't canon to each other just reinforces the fact that Heroes Arale is an adaptation of the original, which destroys the whole argument against the OP's premise.

Thus we have no reason to assume she randomly loses her abilities. Feel free to prove me wrong.

I just wanna point out that arguing that Dragon Ball and Dr.Slump aren't canon to each other just reinforces the fact that Heroes Arale is an adaptation of the original, which destroys the whole argument against the OP's premise.
The hell kinda logic is that?

If Dragon Ball and the original Dr. Slumparen't connected, then why would Dragon Ball Heroes directly rip from the original version of Arale and not... y'know, the version of Arale in Dragon Ball?

Precisely.
Dr. Slump has a God of the Galaxy, the supreme ruler of the galaxy that the series takes place in. Dragon Ball has a Kai, the supreme ruler of the galaxy that the series takes place in. Moreover, an all-powerful ruler who goes around observing the development of planets across the world and destroying select ones to maintain balance in the world?
Oh, did you mean a God of Destruction?
If only you knew
God of the Galaxy is complete fodder
He's no all powerful entity as Arale and Turbo (who's a baby) casually scare him shitless

Also what is your point here?
That because God of the Galaxy and King Kai are different beings (who were never stated to be the same, hell they have no similarities other in what they do as "God") that suddenly means different universes. So having two Gods is a reason for a different universe?

Retroactive continuity, anybody?
DBS Retcon a shit load of things from DBZ
Does that mean DBZ didnt happen anymore?

And what Retcon are you talking about?
As a said before Gatchan is a Cherub
And hell, even GOKU when he first found out whis was an angel thought angels were suppose to look different from him
And God of the Galaxy and King Kai having similar roles proves what exactly, that they are suppose to be the same entity and if not then how is that a Retcon?

If Dragon Ball and the original Dr. Slumparen't connected, then why would Dragon Ball Heroes directly rip from the original version of Arale and not... y'know, the version of Arale in Dragon Ball?
The Dragon Ball Version of Arale would be the Dragon Ball Super one (heavily implied by the card) , which still retains her abilities. Another moot point on your part.

Did you know that Heroes ACTUALLY used the Arale in DB???
Check their Clothing
You'll see its the exact same

Are you misreading my post, or am I misreading it?
Is this what you say when you've been proven wrong?

You said:

And I showed you proof of how blatantly wrong you are in that regard

If only you knew
oh, yeah, i knew. i'm kinda the guy who made the thread downgrading him into non-existence.
That because God of the Galaxy and King Kai are different beings (who were never stated to be the same, hell they have no similarities other in what they do as "God") that suddenly means different universes. So having two Gods is a reason for a different universe?
Yes, the God of the Galaxy and King Kai, the god of the galaxy, are two different people. Their roles and positions are similar; however, they are fundamentally different characters, meaning they could not co-exist as per the established rules of godhood in Dragon Ball.

Arguing that the God of the Galaxy and King Kai were simply rulers of two different ages also isn't valid, because King Kai has been the ruler of the galaxy for hundreds of years.
DBS Retcon a shit load of things from DBZ
Does that mean DBZ didnt happen anymore?
Not when there are numerous, explicit statements that Super is a continuation of the original story :3
And what Retcon are you talking about?
Everything mentioned in my post.
Check their Clothing
You'll see its the exact same
coool...
i guess?

I never said the Arale in Heroes wasn't the Arale from Dragon Ball. In fact, I said she was that Arale.

DB/DBS Arale will get a new file and won't have the same level of Hax and tiering as her Dr Slump self. They are working on it and this rating is temporary for the time being. So, closing this.

If anyone want to mix and merge them, please create a proper cosmology blog connecting dots between Dr slump and all Dragon Ball verses it will affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back