• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Actual YGO card game discussion thread: Firewall did nothing wrong

Sorry if this is off-topic but apparently in the manga, Gaia the Fierce Knight turns into Black Luster Soldier

Random question for you:

Most broken boss monster in the game? Ever.

Salamangreat Roar Counter Trap Card

You can only use this card name's (1) or (2) effect per turn, and only once that turn.

(1) When a monster effect, or a Spell/Trap Card, is activated while you control a "Salamangreat" Link Monster: Negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

(2) If a "Salamangreat" Link Monster is Link Summoned to your field using a card with the same name as itself as material while this card is in your GY: You can Set this card to your field, but banish it if it leaves the field

^Lol.

HAHHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Newest Cross banlist vid. I cant fathom this.

First Witch said:
HAHHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Newest Cross banlist vid. I cant fathom this.
It was epic.

Yata wont come back ever.

OP Boss mosnter cards?

Chaos Dragons: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End:

By paying 1000 lifepoints, you send all cards in both players, hands and field to the graveyard then inflict 300 points of damage to your opponent for each card sent.

Chaos Emperor was commonly used to finish a Game back in the day, what made him OP was his easy summoning condition, in the TCG he's still banned, in the OCG he's unlimited.

Jars: Fiber Jar:

Fiber Jar, once flipped, returns all cards from each players graveyard, field and hand to their deck, shuffle then redraw 5 cards.

This card is banned because it literally resets the game infinitely.

It's been banned in both the TCG and OCG since the first ban list.

Pot: Pot of Greed:

WHAT DOES IT DO!?!!?!?!?!1?One?!1

Spirits: Yata-Garasu:

Yata-Garasu's effect is that if it inflicts damage to the opponent, then the opponent skips their next draw phase, then the card returns to the hand at the end of the turn.

This card was considered to be so OP, that the AI would concede if it was in something called the Yata-Lock: Where the player cannot draw cards due to Yata-Garasu and therefore either dies a slow painful death of 200 damage each turn or concedes.

Shaddoll: El Shaddoll Construct:

El Shaddol's effect is that when it is special summoned you can add one Shaddoll card from your deck to your hand. At the start of the Battle step, if El Shaddoll is attacking a Special Summoned Monster: Destroy that monster. And if El Shaddoll was sent to the graveyard, add a Shaddoll spell or trap card to the hand.

El Shaddoll was used because the Meta is based around Special summoned cards, as well as Cards being insanely good recycling and extending plays, it's been banned for a while.

As well Shadoll Falco would then return her to the field for more extensions.

Honestly, I feel that Construct can come to one or two. It's not that bad, and actually provides a halfway decent counter to link spam boards.

Also, you call should watch Farfa's video addressing where a guy made an argument that Firewall was good for the game. I personally am not a fam of banning cards that hurt other decks instead of banning the problem. Why harm other decks instead of getting rid of the thing allowing for degeneracy?

Also, as a long time ritual (spirit) beast player, I am serious trying to figure out why in the world my big baby hawk is still limited to one. Didn't deserve to be hit in the first place, honestly.

That Grass Looks Greener is my fav card ever printed

Also ye Construct should be at 3 and so should Ulti-Cannahawk.

I'd personally very much like it if TGU, Graff, Cir, Bea, and Terrortop went to 3

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer said:
That Grass Looks Greener is my fav card ever printed

Also ye Construct should be at 3 and so should Ulti-Cannahawk.

I'd personally very much like it if TGU, Graff, Cir, Bea, and Terrortop went to 3
Extra Deck to 20.

GG format.

I can agree with Endless on the banlist stuffs.

A 20 card extra deck...that would be horrendous.

Speaking of ABC, it's a real shame what happened to A. They really should just hit firewall instead of decks that are legitimately good. I think ABC's best board was like infinity, ABC Dragon buster, and some link that gives the zones to make the two. Strong but not impossible to beat.

Like Gouki extra link. (With a 20 card extra deck...)

Udlmaster said:
OP Boss mosnter cards?
Chaos Dragons: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End:

By paying 1000 lifepoints, you send all cards in both players, hands and field to the graveyard then inflict 300 points of damage to your opponent for each card sent.
Have you seen his effect Post-Errata

Y'all know that 20 cards would make duels more interesting.

Master Rule 5 ovo

Konami most likely can't hit Firewall because of the anime, even if they actually wanted to.

I don't play Yugioh anymore, but the only things I see on this banlist that are worth mentioing is Firewall being banned and A Assault Core being Unbanned, Arma at one doesn't stop him from making turn one Isolde just more inconsistant, but that doesn't matter cause Mali is at 2 and can be summoned with Vision Hero Vyon. Also Neo Space Connector is coming out in this so you don't even need Arma or Mali to make turn one Isolde.

The real cal howard said:
Is Paleozoic Toads still viable? If I have to change my deck thanks to Links I'm gonna be pissed.
Yes, they are a fine rogue option. The deck is untouched.

Back