• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now before anybody starts claiming mismatch, they both have legit win conditions. Let’s just see who’s more likely to win more often than not. The true magic vs science. Speed is Equalized.

Accelerator:

Ainz Ooal Gown:

Inconclusive:

Hasn't this already happened? Big debacle on if an instant death spell with no travel time has vectors or not.

Hasn't this already happened? Big debacle on if an instant death spell with no travel time has vectors or not.
I tried looking to see if this had been done before, couldn’t find one.

I love how the debate you brought up was my first thought and the reason I made the thread lol.

It’s not on the profiles anymore so it can be done again
No, it can't. It's stomp or get stomped here, if Accelerator can deal with Ainz's no-travel-time spells he stomps Ainz, if he can't he just drops dead.

There's no in-between. If Accelerator can deal with Ainz's instant death magic he can deal with Despair Aura and stomp. If not... you do the math and bet how many antaseconds Accelerator lasts before Ainz thinks once

Ainz starts with Instant Death more often then he does time stop, both come right after the others though..
That's mostly cause people in New World don't require Time Stop as well, as they're all so weak. Same reason Ainz can just enter melee combat when he feels like it 90% of the time when he wants to improve/punch a dude, as his physical abilities are already heads and shoulders above most. Ainz vs Gazef shows what he'd do in an actual legit fight, as Ainz even says he's treating exactly like he would an actual PvP match. And of course he immediately uses Time Stop. He's also mentioned to have attempted Time Stop against Brightness Dragon Lord iirc offscreen when they encountered each other, with Ainz debating using it on Cure Elim as well, but determining Cure prob resists it because BDL did. I think he even mentions he likes to use Time Stop to sus out weaknesses in his opponents.

I don't know what the speed of ainz is, but if it's not much lower than the accelerator, I see that it gets it with death manipulation and time stop. Accelerator can't resist a death manipulation that doesn't require direct contact.

That's mostly cause people in New World don't require Time Stop as well, as they're all so weak. Same reason Ainz can just enter melee combat when he feels like it 90% of the time when he wants to improve/punch a dude, as his physical abilities are already heads and shoulders above most. Ainz vs Gazef shows what he'd do in an actual legit fight, as Ainz even says he's treating exactly like he would an actual PvP match. And of course he immediately uses Time Stop. He's also mentioned to have attempted Time Stop against Brightness Dragon Lord iirc offscreen when they encountered each other, with Ainz debating using it on Cure Elim as well, but determining Cure prob resists it because BDL did. I think he even mentions he likes to use Time Stop to sus out weaknesses in his opponents.
He was taking the dudes he first met apsolutely seriously as well, and he opened with Grasp heart. Haven't read later into the light novels however though, so I'm lacking a little info
I don't know what the speed of ainz is, but if it's not much lower than the accelerator, I see that it gets it with death manipulation and time stop. Accelerator can't resist a death manipulation that doesn't require direct contact.
Ainz's death manipulation is thought-based or gesture-based, take your pick on how serious he'll be against an unknown like this

He was taking the dudes he first met apsolutely seriously as well, and he opened with Grasp heart. Haven't read later into the light novels however though, so I'm lacking a little info
Yeah but Time Stop wouldn't really have helped there with the context. His goal was to get Enri and Nemu away from the knights, opening with Grasp Heart because even if it's resisted, it stuns the opponent which would let him grab them and run. As you know, Time Stop doesn't allow Ainz to affect people time stopped, and he has to time his spells to trigger the instant Time Stop ends. So if he used Time Stop + Grasp Heart, he'd achieve the same exact result as he did just using Grasp Heart, either killing or stunning the knight, as it's not like he could grab Enri and Nemu while they were time stopped. Basically in that specific instance, Time Stop would not have meaningfully helped the specific goal he had in mind.

Hopefully I worded that well enough lmao

Hey, I remember seeing this before!

It's a stomp, doesn't matter for who, it's a stomp either way.

Yeah but Time Stop wouldn't really have helped there with the context. His goal was to get Enri and Nemu away from the knights, opening with Grasp Heart because even if it's resisted, it stuns the opponent which would let him grab them and run. As you know, Time Stop doesn't allow Ainz to affect people time stopped, and he has to time his spells to trigger the instant Time Stop ends. So if he used Time Stop + Grasp Heart, he'd achieve the same exact result as he did just using Grasp Heart, either killing or stunning the knight, as it's not like he could grab Enri and Nemu while they were time stopped. Basically in that specific instance, Time Stop would not have meaningfully helped the specific goal he had in mind.

Hopefully I worded that well enough lmao
Thank you for the explanation!

Hey, I remember seeing this before!

It's a stomp, doesn't matter for who, it's a stomp either way.
If we don’t know for who, then it’s a simple vote for inconclusive. Because we can’t tell who would really win.

Does magic have vectors? And is the shield passive?
Anything that has a quantity and moves in direction has vectors. From my understanding Accelerator learns how to manipulate magic vectors later on.

Not sure how passive the shield is.

If it’s a stomp in either character, but we cannot actually label which one is stomping the other. Then we cannot determine who would be the winner. Thus it would be inconclusive.

I don’t see how inconclusive is not the most appropriate result when no one here can determine who the winner would be.

I wrote the definition of a stomp, I think I'd know.
Well it fails to mention situations where both characters can “stomp” each other, yet it cannot be determined who would do so.

In fact in the Stomp Thread page it makes it clear that that stomps “are heavily one-sided and provide little to no challenge or danger for the winning character.” Yet in this situation we have NO winning character.

However it does very clearly state that non-stomp matches include matches where both characters are capable of winning instantly.

Well it fails to mention situations where both characters can “stomp” each other, yet it cannot be determined who would do so.

In fact in the Stomp Thread page it makes it clear that that stomps “are heavily one-sided and provide little to no challenge or danger for the winning character.” Yet in this situation we have NO winning character.

However it does very clearly state that non-stomp matches include matches where both characters are capable of winning instantly.
This thread has two outcomes.

One side proves that Ainz can instant death hax, making it a stomp.

One side proves that Ainz can't, and he dies horribly, making it a stomp.

There is no other outcome. That is the only outcome. Both characters are not capable of winning instantly, as if Ainz is capable of it, then Ainz stomps, and if Ainz can't, he gets stomped.

Your logic is wrong because there is a winning character, and all it would take is a debate to find it. The problem is, there's no point in that debate as, no matter what happens, it ends up being a stomp. That was the case in the previous thread, and that was the case here.

As the person who wrote the definition of a stomp, this is a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back