• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A True Swordsman versus Yet Another Anime Amnesiac (Zoro versus Queenslayer)

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Two anime dudes duke it out! hopefully this match is actually valid

Roronoa Zoro (Post-Timeskip, Dressrosa Saga key) versus The Late-Game Queenslayer

"At least 7-A" (via one-shotting 378MTs) versus "At least 7-A" (via one-shotting approx 600MTs)

Takes place in an empty, gladiatorial arena. They start 20 metres away from eachother. Both are in-character, speed is equalised. Otherwise, SBA

Who will win?

weeby swordsman :

weeby... weaponsman? :

weeby inconclusive :

Personaje-2-main
The Queenslayer

Iirc, Code Vein's 7-A is around baseline so Zoro is in the position already to one-shot Mido with his superior AP, being above 838MT, and that's not taking to account his Statistics Amplifications being his Gorilla techniques, Asura, and Shusui. He can also grow stronger as the battle continues due to Accelerated Development. He can also use his Analystical Prediction alongside his Observation Haki to predict incoming attacks and dodge them.

Though this Mido has Immortality and Resurrection, as well as Regenerationn (Mid) and the other abilities should help Mido stay in the game.

I want to hear some arguements for Mido's side because even with the Immortality, it is limited to the fact that if his heart is destroyed, then he died. Zoro, after seeing his opponent constantly being revived after slashing and dicing him will eventually aimed for the heart.

Mido is most certainly not baseline.

The 7-A feat itself was around baseline/maybe slightly above baseline, but it only required a tiny amount of the total power the character had. So they alone would be around 1-2x baseline. Mido scales via one-shotting three comparable characters with a single hit, very casually putting him around 3-6x baseline. Generally, with both being conservative and realistic in mind, this would mean Mido is extremely far beyond 4.5x baseline. So an around baseline feat, with massive scaling (at least considering how limited 7-A is).

The early game cast is around baseline, but the late game cast is wayyyyy beyond that, and Mido is where the scaling for the late game cast comes from.

Ah, I see, then Zoro won't one-shot him then but I still hold that Zoro has the AP advantage given he was playing around with Pica, the person with the 838 MT and when he got semi-serious, proceeded to wreck him and one-shot him. And this is without the Statistics Amplifications I mention above.

The problem is that we can't assume a certain number for one-shots while in-verse scaling. Mido is just >>> Baseline based on your explanation, but Zoro scales to one-shoting a 838MT strong character, which is far above Mido's output even if we consider scaling.

Yeah, of course, I'm not making any exact numbers here. But yeah, if Zoro did actually one-shot an 838 MT character, he'd probably one-shot Mido too. I might change this to one of the High 7-A Code Vein protags instead, since that's a pretty intense scaling chain.

So 455 Megatons, Zoro already scales to one shotting a 838.5 and as well as the reasons Kobster made, Zoro fra.

That's probably a better idea since even if we count the massive chain Mido has he has little chances of injuring Zoro.

Yeah, I'll change it to the Queenslayer instead. It's a shame too, this seemed like a pretty cool matchup. :p

Done. Also to make things a bit simpler, I added the AP comparison to the OP. One-shotting an 838MT versus being around 1000-2000MT.

How does the Blood Manipulation from Code Vein works for I realized that I completely miss this ability. From what I read, this Leak thing is something that the Queenslayer can use to quickly drain and dissipate it.

He may have more blood than a blood bank cough cough Thriller Bark cough cough but Zoro still need blood to survive. How likely is the Queenslayer is going to use it

Leak is an ailment that allows the Queenslayer to quickly drain and dissipate a very large portion of their opponents blood in a matter of seconds. Against opponents without much resistance to it, it could be inflicted with just a couple of hits with the right weapons or abilities, and would probably at a minimum send any normal being that requires blood unconscious, if not outright killing them.

Since he's an RPG protagonist, there isn't much guarantee of what exactly he would do though. He is generally depicted as being quite intelligent and extremely resourceful, so I imagine there's at least a pretty decent chance he'd try using it.

just generally ask me if you're confused about any Code Vein stuff. I did an awful job at explaining things on the profiles. :p

Is that correct? How much so?

Gotcha. In that case, the mid-game characters or Juzo Mido would actually probably make a fair match. So, remind me, Zoro can now one-shot a 300MT?

If the downgrade happens as expected, yes.

We're now revising the verse (again) but that's the safest approach.

Gotcha. I made a blog post explaining how the scaling chain and tiers work for Code Vein. While there are still slightly rough numbers and estimates there, mid-game characters and Juzo Mido are able to one-shot approximately 600MT characters, so they'd probably have a 2x AP advantage. Notable, but still fair.

I'll wait until the downgrade actually goes through before changing anything though.

Well, we can't normally get exact values from one-shots, since fiction is inconsistent with what exactly constitutes a one-shot. Even so, it should be close enough to be fair. Let's see if the downgrade goes through, and if it does, I'll change the OP to make the match fair again.

Sure. I have it linked on the verse page too, but here it is.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...de_Vein:_Tiering_and_Scaling_Explanation_Blog

Note that, again, some of the numbers are estimates due to the scaling chains required + the lack of the original feat being precisely calced. The numbers definitely aren't exact, but as mentioned in the TL;DR for it, the mid-game characters are capable of one-shorting approximately 600MT characters.

Any updates on the downgrade?

How far above?

Anyways voting Zoro, the code vein guy may have a massive range of versatility but if I'm reading this correctly Zoro can likely keep up with his limited observation haki + breathe of all things and should be able to beat the immortality requirements via stats amps such as Gorillas and Asura.

Currently, I actually need to change this to either the late-game main cast or back to Juzo Mido. I haven't decided which yet, but if he basically just scales very far beyond a 378 MT feat, the end-game cast would one-shot. I'll change it now.

Back