• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Zoro fights a God-Tier Swordsman: Part 1

Y'all knew this was coming: Roroana Zoro (post-mink medicine) vs Kozuki Oden

Let's say Oden gets brought back to life for a day, and thinks that Zoro wants to marry his daughter since Hiyori clearly wants to get in Zoro's pants. Being Oden, he approves (much to Zoro's confusion and chagrin), but wants to fight Zoro and see how strong he is.

And yes, Oden somehow also has Enma because...well, I dunno, the afterlife gave him a duplicate or something.

Both are in character, and the location is the same field where Oden fought Kaido. They start 10 meters apart.

The King of Hell …⚔️ painting : r/OnePiece
Kozuki Oden Daimyo of Kuri by bodskih on DeviantArt

Hiyori's father: 0

The one Hiyori really calls Daddy: 7 (@Eseseso, @Eminiteable, @Nierre, @GodlyCharmander, @ZoroNotZolo, @WrongIdea21, @Popted2)

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Y'all knew this was coming: Roroana Zoro (post-mink medicine) vs Kozuki Oden

Let's say Oden gets brought back to life for a day, and thinks that Zoro wants to marry his daughter since Hiyori clearly wants to get in Zoro's pants. Being Oden, he approves (much to Zoro's confusion and chagrin), but wants to fight Zoro and see how strong he is.

And yes, Oden somehow also has Enma because...well, I dunno, the afterlife gave him a duplicate or something.

Both are in character, and the location is the same field where Oden fought Kaido. They start 10 meters apart.

The King of Hell …⚔️ painting : r/OnePiece
Kozuki Oden Daimyo of Kuri by bodskih on DeviantArt

Hiyori's father:

The one Hiyori really calls Daddy:

Incon:
unknown.png

Zoro basically admits that he is inferior to Oden. Please close this.

Stats wise:
In terms of AP in base Oden is physically superior to Zoro while Oden with buso is equal to Zoro when unleashing enma due to the whole mechanics of the sword draining, but Oden doesn't suffer from the stamina tax that Zoro does and can wield it as light as a feather. Zoro probably would be stronger though as he has Hao infusion which he can stack to get En-Ō Santōryū.

In terms of speed Zoro's superior: In base he intercepted Big Mom and Base Kaidou who are equal to Oden and on top of that he has higher reactions which tracked an amped King who moved FTE to him. Zoro would also blitz with his lai attacks.

They're relative in durability.

Zoro's got superior range but I don't think it will be relevant here.

Both have good Skill and Stamina/Endurance feats. Personally I'd say Zoro is more skilled while Oden has the better stamina and endurance feats.

Abilities:
In terms of Haki Zoro's superior having Advanced Buso and Hao and Intermediate Kenbun and while Oden's profile lists him having intermediate Kenbun this doesn't seem to be true as he lacks any feats of kenbun usage.

In terms of Powers and Abilities Zoro again would be superior as he possesses nearly every ability Oden does and more, in terms of what will be relevant to the actual fight this is what Zoro has over Oden; Zoro possesses two types of Analytical prediction and Information Analysis, Danmaku with Tatsumaki, better combat applicable Extrasensory Perception, various versions of acrobatics, Body Control & Stat Amps, Damage Boost with Goken, Technique Mimicry, Pseudo-Flight and Acceleration Development/Reactive Power level which allowed him to go from getting overpowered by King to matching him as an equal in an extremely short time frame.

My Conclusion:
I'm going to vote Zoro, overall he's superior to Oden in more categories than not. It's true when it comes to AP he's not going to hold an advantage unless he expends his stamina causing his ability to fight as long to be cut short. However, he can make up for this with his superior skill, higher reactions, greater kenbunshoku usage and his two versions of analytical prediction allowing him to make up the difference in AP. On top of that we've seen how well his accelerated development lets him grow when he's fighting opponent's stronger than him (Yonko & King) and he could potentially make up the difference in AP during this fight with just regular Buso (A possibility), he could also copy Oden's techniques and incorporate them into his Santoryu similar to what he did with Kitsunebi-ryu. Also when he uses Shi Shishi Sonson not only will it blitz Oden the damage boost granted by Goken would deal significant damage, the same would also happen if Zoro catches Oden in his Tatsumaki.

Last edited:
The issues with putting an MC against a SC:
In terms of Powers and Abilities Zoro again would be superior as he possesses nearly every ability Oden does and more, in terms of what will be relevant to the actual fight this is what Zoro has over Oden; Zoro possesses two types of Analytical prediction and Information Analysis, Danmaku with Tatsumaki, better combat applicable Extrasensory Perception, various versions of acrobatics, Body Control & Stat Amps, Damage Boost with Goken, Technique Mimicry, Pseudo-Flight and Acceleration Development/Reactive Power level

Zoro FRA I guess

Stats wise:
In terms of AP in base Oden is physically superior to Zoro while Oden with buso is equal to Zoro when unleashing enma due to the whole mechanics of the sword draining, but Oden doesn't suffer from the stamina tax that Zoro does and can wield it as light as a feather. Zoro probably would be stronger though as he has Hao infusion which he can stack to get En-Ō Santōryū.

In terms of speed Zoro's superior: In base he intercepted the Big Mom and Base Kaidou who are equal to Oden and on top of that Zoro has higher reactions which tracked an amped King who moved FTE to Zoro. Zoro would also blitz with his lai attacks.

They're relative in durability.

Zoro's got superior range but I don't think it will be relevant here.

Both have good Skill and Stamina/Endurance feats. Personally I'd say Zoro is more skilled while Oden has the better stamina and endurance feats.

Abilities:
In terms of Haki Zoro's superior having Advanced Buso and Hao and Intermediate Kenbun and while Oden's profile lists him having intermediate Kenbun this doesn't seem to be true as he lacks any feats of kenbun usage.

In terms of Powers and Abilities Zoro again would be superior as he possesses nearly every ability Oden does and more, in terms of what will be relevant to the actual fight this is what Zoro has over Oden; Zoro possesses two types of Analytical prediction and Information Analysis, Danmaku with Tatsumaki, better combat applicable Extrasensory Perception, various versions of acrobatics, Body Control & Stat Amps, Damage Boost with Goken, Technique Mimicry, Pseudo-Flight and Acceleration Development/Reactive Power level which allowed him to go from getting overpowered by King to matching him as an equal in an extremely short timeframe.

My Conclusion:
I'm going to vote Zoro, overall he's superior to Oden in more categories than not. It's true when it comes to AP he's not going to hold an advantage unless he expends his stamina causing his ability to fight as long to be cut short. However, he can make up for this with his superior skill, higher reactions, greater kenbunshoku usage and his two versions of analytical prediction allowing him to make up the difference in AP. On top of that we've seen how well his accelerated development lets him grow when he's fighting opponent's stronger than him (Yonko & King) and he could potentially make up the difference in AP during this fight with just regular Buso (A possibility), he could also copy Oden's techniques and incorporating them into his santoryu similar to what he did with Kitsunebi-ryu. Also when he uses Shi Shishi Sonson not only will it blitz Oden the damage boost granted by Goken would deal significant damage to him, the same would also happen if Zoro catches Oden in his Tatsumaki.
1. Could Zoro use Asura hypothetically?

2. Excellent work!

3. Because of these reasons I'm gonna vote for Zoro myself.

All that’s left is to create a Zoro vs Mihawk based on Zoro’s new feats, but that would be pointless since that fights eventually going to happen in canon.

All that’s left is to create a Zoro vs Mihawk based on Zoro’s new feats, but that would be pointless since that fights eventually going to happen in canon.
That's actually part 2 of "Zoro fights a God Tier Swordsman", and I was planning on making it once Grace here finishes.

Jokes aside, I wonder why no one's done any matches with Roger. Guess it's because of his reputation as King of the Pirates and because he doesn't have as many concrete feats as other characters in the series.
Do you want to see him just spamming Devine Devarture? The fact that he One shooted Oden who's have God tier sword skill, his sword skill wouldn't be under Rayleigh or Oden skills.
He have no Kenbun Feats wich is very important for But with headcanon again he wouldn't be inferior to Rayleigh, atleast in the anime He used his Kenbun before he clash with WB( Future Sight hint?lol).

most of these matchups are bound to be useless bruh

i mean this match alone just proves how one-sided it can and will be just because Zoro has so much more put into his abilities than others

Jokes aside, I wonder why no one's done any matches with Roger. Guess it's because of his reputation as King of the Pirates and because he doesn't have as many concrete feats as other characters in the series.
Roger is literally just hearsay besides a few feats and implications that show he's the strongest in the verse with few people on par with him.

Stats wise:
. It's true when it comes to AP he's not going to hold an advantage unless he expends his stamina causing his ability to fight as long to be cut short. However, he can make up for this with his superior skill, higher reactions, greater kenbunshoku usage and his two versions of analytical prediction allowing him to make up the difference in AP. On top of that we've seen how well his accelerated development lets him grow when he's fighting opponent's stronger than him (Yonko & King) and he could potentially make up the difference in AP during this fight with just regular Buso (A possibility),
Honestly, his regular Buso alone is equal to Base/Zoan King, who scales to Hybrid Marco, who is equal to BM in AP, not to mention it scales above his pre-Mink Medicine Buso which one-shot Killer (which BM's lightning couldn't do) and blocked the Hakai, which would've killed the other 4 Supernovas (meaning his Buso AP pre-Mink Medicine should be at the very least comparable to the yonko-lvl durability of Base Post-Udon Luffy, Kidd, Killer, and Law), so while Oden w/ Buso still has the power advantage unless Zoro uses Enma and Haoshoku Infusion, I think regular Buso Zoro is probably a match for Base Oden.

Last edited:
Honestly, his regular Buso alone is equal to Base/Zoan King, who scales to Hybrid Marco, who is equal to BM in AP, not to mention it scales above his pre-Mink Medicine Buso which one-shot Killer
Zoro's buso AP in this key is higher than that since he grew throughout the fight. His buso level went from getting effortlessly overpowered by Buso King to overwhelming Buso King and matching Buso+Lunarian Flames King.

Zoro's buso AP in this key is higher than that since he grew throughout the fight. His buso level went from getting effortlessly overpowered by Buso King to overwhelming Buso King and matching Buso+Lunarian Flames King.
Only further proves my point.

Dear god.

I don't even want to go through the absolute delusional discussion that went down here. How the hell could Zoro possibly win this when:

1.Zoro is in awe over how Oden was able to easily wield Enma.
IMG-20230329-044203.jpg

2.Current Zoro can't wield Enma for longer than mere minutes or else it will kill him. 9 year old Oden effortlessly wielded Enma and Ame no Habakiri at the same time.
IMG-20230329-043740.jpg

IMG-20230329-043959.jpg

3.Oden has better feats and potrayal.
Kaidouenvisionslegendsbehind-Luffy.png

Zoro gave Kaido a small scar with his strongest attack and couldnt knock him down, while Oden gave Kaido a massive scar and knocked him to the ground. Kaido called Zoro a runt after he scarred him, but fears Oden and put him in on the same pedestal as Roger, Whitebeard, Rocks, and Shanks. Oden's presence in Enma was enough to scare Big Mom, who is definitely stronger than Current Zoro.

No matter how much you wank Current Zoro, he would lose against Oden every single time they fight. Kaido compared Oden to Roger and Prime Whitebeard.

Roger, Whitebeard, Oden, Rocks, and Shanks>Current Zoro.

Saying that Zoro beats Oden is like saying that Zoro beats Roger, Whitebeard, or Kaido. How tf could a community misinterpret the strength of a character this hard. Oda is out here, putting Roger, Whitebeard, and Oden on the same pedestal every single time they are mentioned, and the community is making Oden fight against Current Zoro, and somehow have Zoro win this? Hell no.
IMG-20230329-043019.png

IMG-20230325-014301.png

Zoro after wielding Enma for a few minutes: "If this goes on for any longer, Enma will kill me!"

Kid Oden: effortlessly wields Enma and Ame no Habakiri at the same time

Zoro himself made it clear that Oden is in another league than him. Zoro had to use advanced Conquerors Haki to get Enma under control. Oden tamed Enma even as a kid, and Adult Oden was a Master in Ryou, could use advanced Conquerors Haki, etc.

But whatever. I'm done. I guess Zoro beats Kaido and Vista beats Mihawk now, huh?

Last edited:
Idk how this guy can see a WEAKENED Zoro scar a STRONGER VERSION of Kaidou than Oden fought, and then sees Zoro unlock ACoC, and thinks " yeah Oden who got one shotted by Kaidou is gonna clap him ".

Idk how this guy can see a WEAKENED Zoro scar a STRONGER VERSION of Kaidou than Oden fought, and then sees Zoro unlock ACoC, and thinks " yeah Oden who got one shotted by Kaidou is gonna clap him ".
1.Oden fought Kaido in a 1 vs 1, gave him a massive scar, and nearly killed him. Zoro fought Kaido alongside Luffy, Kid, Killer, Law, Yamato, etc, and his best feat against Kaido is giving him a small scar, where the scar Oden gave Kaido is x20 times bigger and deeper than the scar Zoro gave Kaido.
2.Oden didn't get oneshotted. He literally fought Kaido and his army, got hit by Boro Breath, etc. 5 years before, Oden clashed with Kaido while using only one sword. Before their final fight, Kaido admitted that he needed to blackmail Oden with the hostages for 5 years to build his strength and forces up, and a rusty Oden still whooped Kaido.
3.Zoro himself is in awe over how Oden was able to wield Enma with ease. Even after Zoro unlocked ACoC, Zoro said that if he doesn't beat King quickly, Enma will kill him. Oden tamed Enma when he was 9 years old. We know that it takes a strong Swordsman with Ryou to wield Enma, and Zoro got Enma under control after unlocking ACoC, so what does Oden taming Enma at the age of 9 say about him?

1.Oden fought Kaido in a 1 vs 1, gave him a massive scar, and nearly killed him. Zoro fought Kaido alongside Luffy, Kid, Killer, Law, Yamato, etc, and his best feat against Kaido is giving him a small scar, where the scar Oden gave Kaido is x20 times bigger and deeper than the scar Zoro gave Kaido.
2.Oden didn't get oneshotted. He literally fought Kaido and his army, got hit by Boro Breath, etc. 5 years before, Oden clashed with Kaido while using only one sword. Before their final fight, Kaido admitted that he needed to blackmail Oden with the hostages for 5 years to build his strength and forces up, and a rusty Oden still whooped Kaido.
3.Zoro himself is in awe over how Oden was able to wield Enma with ease. Even after Zoro unlocked ACoC, Zoro said that if he doesn't beat King quickly, Enma will kill him. Oden tamed Enma when he was 9 years old. We know that it takes a strong Swordsman with Ryou to wield Enma, and Zoro got Enma under control after unlocking ACoC, so what does Oden taming Enma at the age of 9 say about him?
Allat and Oden can't scratch Flame-On King.. Damn..

Allat and Oden can't scratch Flame-On King.. Damn..
Oden would slice that shit apart with a toothpick. A Yonko level character would never struggle against one Yonko commander in a 1 vs 1 to the point of being unable to scratch them. If Current Zoro can cut King, then so can the superior swordsman aka Oden.

Oden would slice that shit apart with a toothpick. A Yonko level character would never struggle against one Yonko commander in a 1 vs 1 to the point of being unable to scratch them. If Current Zoro can cut King, then so can the superior swordsman aka Oden.
Zoro hurt Kaidou and couldn't dent King. Oden ain't doing shit.

Except that Oden isn't Zoro.
You're comparing someone who was put on the same level as Roger, Whitebeard, and Shanks, with Zoro, who got whooped by King.
Also, King ain't doing shit to Oden either.
Except Rocks was confirmed to be over Roger and Primebeard (somewhat) yet he's still next to them in that shot.

Back