• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
You people didn't think of this on your own, so I had to do it myself. Shame on all of you.

Speed is equalized. Battle takes place in Paris (near the monument), with the combatants starting at 50m away.

Otherwise SBA.

Doctor Strange: 0

Calypso: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Ricsi-viragosi said:
But strange's needs prep to be used in-battle.
You mean time loop or in general?

Time stop can be done at any point but its slow for activation

Oh fork

Right, Strange doesn't resist BFR but are his portals able to get back?

Well, he could theoretically teleport them whenever he wanted, but one notable instance is when he teleported preacher directly to an insane asylum in... Probably hell?

Reboot Calypso is implied to be the Devil anyways

Pretty sure Strange has something that allows him to go back to his universe, and anything within his reality should just be possible to cros with normal portals.

The asylum that Calypso teleported Preacher into is located in an alternate dimension that's contained in a painting Calypso has hanging on his wall.

Beyond that, dimensional BFR isn't the only form of such that Calypso has. He can also teleport people into space, trap them inside of objects (like the screen of a television) and send them backwards in time.

We also really need to get out of the habit of starting every Calypso match by bringing up BFR. He has I dunno how many other options he can use in a fight that are just as ridiculous, if not more so.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
We also really need to get out of the habit of starting every Calypso match by bringing up BFR. He has I dunno how many other options he can use in a fight that are just as ridiculous, if not more so.
I mean you did say that that's his usual opening move, which caused me to make a match with Gilgamesh which had him get rekt because Gil also resisted BFR

DMUA said:
I mean you did say that that's his usual opening move
I went back and admitted that was a stupid assumption a long time ago.

He's only ever had one "fight" where he had full control over his powers. We can't assume what he's going to do based on that one instance by itself. That's a completely inane thing to do.

Schnee One said:
Gil doesn't resist BFR

That was debunked on that very thread
You mean the thread that was closed because Gil resisted Spacial Manipulation which BFR falls under, thereby causing Calypso not be able to do anything

I still find that questionable, almost a year or so after the fact.

I mean

Depends on the BFR

Portals = Not spatial manipulation

Molecule disassembling and sending them elsewhere = Not spatial manipulation (though Gil resists Matter Manip)

Throwing them into space = not spatial manipulation (but legit why would you do this against anyone but Kharn)

Using space to teleport them = spatial manipulation

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I still find that questionable, almost a year or so after the fact.
It was in February

Anyways ugh

Yeah ugh well

Calypso's Transmutation gets countered I believe, while.... What does he use other then Transmutation and BFR?

Well, as far as powers that can actually be used in a battle:

• Causality hax
  • Age manip
  • Power absorption
  • Empathic/morality manip (in Calypso's hands, it's effectively bootleg mind control)
  • Illusions
  • Soul stealing (Presumably. He took someone else's soul out of Mr. Grimm's body after the latter had absorbed it already, so I assume he can just steal souls in general)
  • Size manip (he can use it to shrink Stephen, or just grow giant and punch him really hard)
  • Non-Corporeality Negation (against Stephen's astral form)
Body-switching could probably be used in a battle as well, but I doubt Calypso would try that, seeing as the one example of it that exists was him being forced to do so with Sweet Tooth against his will.

A lot of that is done with a thought and will indeed kill strange

Meanwhile Strange needs a bit more then a thought to get his stuff together

You mean the thread that was closed because Gil resisted Spacial Manipulation which BFR falls under, thereby causing Calypso not be able to do anything

Yes.

That thread where Prom said "Didn't Gil Get BFRd" and Monarch said "Oh"

His one example of it was when he changed his daughter Krista's past so that the car crash that killed her (and him) was only fatal enough to leave her in a several years-long coma instead. When she asked him to make it so that "the crash that killed her" never happened. Yes, he still found a way to screw her over in the end. Status quo is God.

So, he just...changes the past.

Not to mention he proceeds to remember and comment on it cause Type 1 Acausality

>Man no u's an attack from the infinity gauntlet

>High 6-B

10/10

I remember him halting an attack

Before turning it to butterflies

.... Huh that might have validity

Back