• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Idk if this was ever done but lets give it a go I guess.
  • Speed is equalised
  • Both start 10 meters apart
  • Post Night Sentinel Doomguy is being used and is allowed the crucible
  • Sorcerer Supreme Strange is being used. No tier 6 hax is being used.
  • Fight takes place in the streets of Tokyo
  • SBA otherwise
Slayer: 0

Sorcerer: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
w/ prior knowledge that's a stomp for Strange, cuz he'd never need to get in Slayer's range...

I really think i'm not, but if i'm wrong and that works, please correct OP to "equalized" ; - ;

Ignore with type 1 and 4 acausality I guess, has the time stone worked against beings like that before? Last mcu thing I looked at was endgame btw

Last edited:
Ignore with type 1 and 4 acausality I guess, has the time stone worked against beings like that before? Last mcu thing I looked at was endgame btw
Time Stone worked against Dormammu who has BDE and Resistance to Time Manipulation (I'm honestly not sure how this works because he should scale far above Kaecilius who is able to break out of Time Reversal and Time Stop yet Dormammu himself couldn't break out of a Time Loop when it was used on him)

That does sound odd tbh, kinda screams retcon to me. Anyhow are we sure type 4 acasual wouldn't be enough here?

Strange can restrain with energy whips, extremely effective thanks to the huge LS advantage, which is something that is very much in character to do, even as a first move.
He can BFR to the Mirror Dimension, something that he can do simply by rising his hands or by throwing the Mirror Dimension at the opponent in a unavoidable way. Plus, he can also BFR with the Sling Ring by opening a portal directly under him or in a point in which he is about to be, and he can even close the Sling Ring on him to cut him in half with 6-B AP.
He also have the Time Stone, which is at least one layer above baseline for working against Dormammu, who is resistent to Time Manipulation. And, just for reference, having Acausality Type 4 doesn't give automatic resistence to Time Manipulation or Time Stop. It was discussed here, and it depends on the context of the verse. Considering Doomguy Acausality Type 4 doesn't come from him being outside or trascendent of time and he doesn't have feat of being unaffected by time powers, I doubt he would be able to resist the power of the Time Stone without feats, even if his Acausality is Low 1-C or anything of the sort.
On top of this, Doctor Strange Tao Mandala (aka his Magic Shield, which he uses basically everytime he gets attacked) are 7-B+ in durability, which means that even with the Crucible Doomguy wont be able to go through them. And if we remove that or any kind of higher tiered power, than the fight becomes impossible to add to the profile.
Honestly, I think this is a stomp. I don't see what Doomguy can do here considering he can't go past the Tao Mandala, while Doctor Stange can easily win with most of his abilities.

DG's Fate and Probability hax sucks and only lets him come back in a non-combat applicable timeframe.
Damn. Well, I have no other arguments. Doomguy is the weakest 5-D for a reason.
Strange can restrain with energy whips, extremely effective thanks to the huge LS advantage, which is something that is very much in character to do, even as a first move.
He can BFR to the Mirror Dimension, something that he can do simply by rising his hands or by throwing the Mirror Dimension at the opponent in a unavoidable way. Plus, he can also BFR with the Sling Ring by opening a portal directly under him or in a point in which he is about to be, and he can even close the Sling Ring on him to cut him in half with 6-B AP.
He also have the Time Stone, which is at least one layer above baseline for working against Dormammu, who is resistent to Time Manipulation. And, just for reference, having Acausality Type 4 doesn't give automatic resistence to Time Manipulation or Time Stop. It was discussed here, and it depends on the context of the verse. Considering Doomguy Acausality Type 4 doesn't come from him being outside or trascendent of time and he doesn't have feat of being unaffected by time powers, I doubt he would be able to resist the power of the Time Stone without feats, even if his Acausality is Low 1-C or anything of the sort.
On top of this, Doctor Strange Tao Mandala (aka his Magic Shield, which he uses basically everytime he gets attacked) are 7-B+ in durability, which means that even with the Crucible Doomguy wont be able to go through them. And if we remove that or any kind of higher tiered power, than the fight becomes impossible to add to the profile.
Honestly, I think this is a stomp. I don't see what Doomguy can do here considering he can't go past the Tao Mandala, while Doctor Stange can easily win with most of his abilities.
I really want to make counterarguments for this because I feel like it ignores a lot of things on Doom's profile but eh... Only thing I can point out is that Tier 6 hax is restricted so no portal cutting.

Doomguys lose his fate hax and probability hax in his low 1-c key, the hax is about him ending the Maykrs race, in low 1-c key he already finished the race, so his fate and probability hax isn't active anymore

Doomguys lose his fate hax and probability hax in his low 1-c key, the hax is about him ending the Maykrs race, in low 1-c key he already finished the race, so his fate and probability hax isn't active anymore
As long as demons and evil exists he will keep his hax. Its written on his Immo 8...

I really want to make counterarguments for this because I feel like it ignores a lot of things on Doom's profile but eh... Only thing I can point out is that Tier 6 hax is restricted so no portal cutting.
It's impossible to restrict Portal Cutting without making this match invalid. It's performed throught the portals opened with the Sling Ring, which is Standard Equipment. The only way to restrict the Portals Cutting is by restricting the Sling Ring, which as said before would make this match impossible to be added.

It's impossible to restrict Portal Cutting without making this match invalid. It's performed throught the portals opened with the Sling Ring, which is Standard Equipment. The only way to restrict the Portals Cutting is by restricting the Sling Ring, which as said before would make this match impossible to be added.
You can restrict standard equipment if it gives the character a different tier.

You can restrict standard equipment if it gives the character a different tier.
I never heard of this and it seems pretty dumb, imo, considering that he never did a fight without the Sling Ring. But in general the Sling Ring is not an object that is inherently offensive in nature, the Portal Cutting is just one application of it's main function, which is Dimensional Travel, so I don't see why that should be restricted. Plus, OP would need to specify that the Sling Ring is restricted.

I never heard of this and it seems pretty dumb, imo, considering that he never did a fight without the Sling Ring. But in general the Sling Ring is not an object that is inherently offensive in nature, the Portal Cutting is just one application of it's main function, which is Dimensional Travel, so I don't see why that should be restricted. Plus, OP would need to specify that the Sling Ring is restricted.
Its tru though, if it changes the tier then it can go

It's been a thing for a while as far as I know and it makes perfect sense. Imagine you have a 10-A character who has a 9-C gun as standard equipment. You want to put that character against another 10-A and have them throw hands to see who's the better hand to hand fighter, except the former has the gun so he can just pull it out and shoot the latter, making it a oneshot and a stomp. What do you do for it to not be a stomp? You restrict the gun. This rule can also be applied to abilities and powerups as long as they give the character a higher tier. I agree that OP should specify more clearly what is and what isn't allowed though.

It's been a thing for a while as far as I know and it makes perfect sense. Imagine you have a 10-A character who has a 9-C gun as standard equipment. You want to put that character against another 10-A and have them throw hands to see who's the better hand to hand fighter, except the former has the gun so he can just pull it out and shoot the latter, making it a oneshot and a stomp. What do you do for it to not be a stomp? You restrict the gun. This rule can also be applied to abilities and powerups as long as they give the character a higher tier. I agree that OP should specify more clearly what is and what isn't allowed though.
If you put it like this it makes more sense. However, it's worth mentioning that restricting the Sling Ring would also remove Portal Creation and Dimensional Travel (except for the Mirror Dimension, which only needs a Sling Ring to exit it rather than go into it or BFR someone in there).

If you put it like this it makes more sense. However, it's worth mentioning that restricting the Sling Ring would also remove Portal Creation and Dimensional Travel (except for the Mirror Dimension, which only needs a Sling Ring to exit it rather than go into it or BFR someone in there).
Well yes. Strange still has time hax though so even with the Sling Ring restricted it doesn't take away that much.

Wait, Doomguy has Dimensional Travel. That means he can get out of the Mirror Dimension if he gets BFR there, though he's in trouble if Strange decides to just follow him inside and starts manipulating matter and physics to attack him.

Back