• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why you would use the mass of the person when the thing being stopped is the car...

@Ugarik

It isn't quite as accurate because the speed of the car/person changes as soon as the total mass increases.

It's essentially the reason why a car slamming into a thick wall is stopped dead in its tracks

@KLOL

The impact with the car would be the KE of the car I suppose, but a person being ragdolled isn't surviving the full energy

Kaltias said:
@KLOL

The impact with the car would be the KE of the car I suppose, but a person being ragdolled isn't surviving the full energy
Well he'd still be taking some of the car's KE, and you'd still need to calculate the energy he generates while being sent flying several meters into the air or being slammed onto the floor.

So what would the values be if the guy got slammed into the floor instead of being sent flying?

You mean into a wall? Probably the KE of the car (you'd still need to use the momentum formula to find the car's speed though)

It is quite accurate in this case because the car is almost 20 times as heavy as the persone who gets hit. I think your formula shuld be used in cases where mass of 2 objects colliding is decently close.

I agree that the difference isn't huge, but it's still a 10% difference in the results so i'd use momentum for greater accuracy

Not just into a wall, but into a road too.

What if the vehicle is like a truck and has enough surface area to cover the whole body head to toe?

Same formula, but with mass and sped of a truck.

Granted, if it collapsed a wall you are better off calculating that

I heard this being talked about in Bambu's wall before so I want to ask. What should be the value for uprooting a tree?

So, if the car crashes you into a wall (suppose you're in front of the wall to make sure you don't get sent off flying into the horizon), the entire KE of the car scales to you, yes?

We'd need that too, since sometimes right after the car crashes, the car might just run them over.

For the car-crashing feats, Arbitrary's one should be edited with the following "THIS ONLY APPLIES WHEN THE CAR CRASHES YOU INTO A WALL". As Kaltias notes, the KE of the car will scale to you in full if you still latch onto the car and it ends up crashing you into a wall.

Otherwise, in the case of being sent flying, Kaltias's corrected recommendation IMHO seems better than Ugarik's.

Well, I am far too out of practice with mathematics to be of help wih evaluations.

KLOL506 said:
Otherwise, in the case of being sent flying, Kaltias's corrected recommendation IMHO seems better than Ugarik's.
It is better but will barely make any difference

Well, we eventually need to assemble all of the final and accepted versions of the calculations into a single page.

Most of the car crash feats here involve crashing the victim into a wall or some other sturdy object, so I don't think it calls for a massive downgrade. Not like we have a lot of characters with feats like this.

Also, does somebody have a suggestion for more common feats that should preferably be calculated?

Getting run over/crushed by cars, breaking, snapping and crushing various types of bones, surviving at deep underwater trenches where the pressure is enormous enough to crush even military-class submarines, dodging various bullet calibers at point-blank range, etc.

Okay. Those mostly seem like good suggestions.

And apparently, normal human bones might not just be Street level, they might actually be Street level+ (and on the high-end spectrum of it) via this article (And this is for weakened arm bones, so to speak. Spines and legs might reveal higher results, and the result might be even greater in peak-bodied humans without unusually-high levels of density).

There was also another scientific article that confirmed that it would take upto 520 psi to crush skulls based off of the Mountain's feat, so adding that wouldn't be much bad either.

We scale from energy though.

I know, but anything that goes above 520 psi, we can scale to the skull-crushing feat we have calc'd here.

I don't think that it works like that.

There's also this that was never properly looked at.

I think we should start looking for some feats of CH. Kep said he'd look into it before his ban.

Ordinary bones themselves would be Street level+ judging by the full-speed tackles of CH, and having more weight than the average human due to his peak-bodied structure and having a skeletal system 8x as dense as most ordinary athletes, it absolutely fits.

Let's strictly focus on the original purpose of this thread.

Bad news Ant.

I've asked most of the expert calc members on the neck snap feat. No one other than XING06 was able to give me a clear-cut answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back