• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Spino

Well, KLOL506 came up with some suggestions for feats to be calculated earlier.

It would also be good if you help out with evaluating the blogs that I linked to above.

I was hoping that the calc group could collaborate regarding this task.

@KLOL

I found this article on the net execution by hanging was done with the intention to snap the victim's neck.

According to the article the neck is subjected to 1,000 and 1,250 foot-pounds of torque after 9foot drop which translates to roughly 1355.818 to 1694.772 joules of energy.

There's a problem tho.

That kind of force can also be used to decapitate humans clean, and in wikipedia it's also said to only slightly fracture the neckbone, not completely sever it like in movies and whatnot. There's still the muscles and the blood vessels too. Sometimes, it won't even break the neck or do any harm to the victim other than give him a brutal death.

Also, the force generated by hanging is via pulling, not twisting or using blunt force to leave the neckbone in pieces, much like what is done in fiction.

The skull crushing calc was accepted long ago, but I wonder why it wasn't in the Attack Potency page.

@Antvasima

I think the various "Energy to destroy" in the trivia section of the Attack Potency page should be moved to this new common feats page.

Votron5 said:
@Antvasima

I think the various "Energy to destroy" in the trivia section of the Attack Potency pages should be moved to this new common feats page.
Yes. Agreed.

I would appreciate if somebody could remind all of the calc group members, along with DontTalkDT, Assaltwaffle, and Kaltias, to help out here, as it is important for the wiki to get this page done.

VS Battles Staff

I already have notified them of it, but most of them still haven't responded.

Votron5 is carrying out his own general item destruction calcs.

Okay. You can mention to them that I would appreciate the help.

My main issue with stuff like this is "typical" feats often vary. Saying THIS value for breaking a boulder is subjective to the size of the boulder. Unless it is something of uniform size this can't apply. Busting a building, snapping a tree, or smashing a boulder all would vary heavily, far too much to actually put a concrete label on.

That said, I can help out in getting a bunch of standard feats together I suppose.

@Mr. Bambu

Thank you for the help.

Punching a hole through doors like Batman, breaking the bones and spine of an average-sized human with a casual punch or kick (Weakened bones can apparently can withstand Street level+ energy, and by break I mean snapping the entire thing into two pieces or shattering the bones altogether), smashing windshields (Ordinary glass and gorilla glass), making deep dents in cars to the point of severe deformation and punching holes through them like Spider-Man and bending steel rods.

I will probably start drafting the page in a blog if I have time, but I would appreciate help from other calc group members since I do not have time to calculate all feats.

How do you prefer the page to be, though, simply listing the values or the whole calculation?

Nah, some details will be fine too.

I have contacted several calc members but sadly they seem to be busy. Maybe you guys'll have a better chance at contacting them.

I've got a calc on my Google Drive for characters who are stated or shown to wipe the visible sky off of normal clouds which I never bothered to post...guess I will now.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

I would appreciate if you could collaborate to verify that the calculations are all correct.

This also needs to be looked at, as normal humans have lived long enough after being burned for extended periods of time and lived to tell the tale.

Calculating the punching through door feat.

@Kepekley23 As an admin you should be able to edit my blog, right? (unless I'm mistaken) Feel free to add it there.

Okay. Thank you. I would appreciate if other calc group members help out with evaluating the new calculations.

I don't know if you can calc any of these glasses. At least not accurately, I don't think.

Bullet resistant glass's strength doesn't come from how much energy it can take. The reason why it stops bullets is became it's panes of glass sandwiched together with polycarbonate like plywood. The polycarbonate is what catches the bullet. It's pretty much expected for the first two or three panes to be busted through before the bullet stops.

As for gorilla glass, there are 6 generations of it with each generation becoming harder. I can't find any info on its shear strength or tensile strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back