• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A potentially very powerful Chinese character

Aha. Is she planning to come back at some point btw? We could use her help, and Sera is gone now.

Well, I am not aware of the gender of whoever was behind the possible psy-ops against this community, just a rough location.

Yes, but you used "he" instead of "she".

Anyway, I'm very iffy on allowing this 'verse on the site right away, let alone with such high statistics. We should be more sure that the OP's proposals are accurate in-universe and are not contradicted by later statements, and that requires first having the full English translation (God knows how long that will take), and then getting some people to read it, and then preferably having fluent Chinese readers verify and proofread stuff. Needless to say, it will take a lot of time and effort just to add this 'verse, and I don't think it is worth it at this time.

You say that only those 8000 Chinese characters matter but you forget that the rest of the story may deny some things said or even back them. Example: Low Dimensional Game (another Chinese novel) has around 430 chapters and for over 350 chapters from the statements of the author/main character the cosmology could get as high as 1A, but then later when the Main Character gets a better understanding of the world and of himself (how the powers works, how dimensionality work), his own arguments shatter the previously stated arguments as all dimensions in his own words are equal be them lower or infinitely higher. Its cosmology/statements create an outline so confusing that Ultima agreed that the verse just doesn't work with our tiering systems for the said things.

You can't just base the entire profile(s) of the series on just 8000 words that are around 2 or 3 chapters of total length compared to the entire series which has 1613 (my fault I said previously it had 1800+ but I looked now on novelupdates and see how many it has). We did debate in the past that as long as the raws are present (for all the feats/statements) so they can be verified.

Do you want another example to show this? Take Yhwach from Bleach. First, it was said he can see the future, chapters later, he can control the future, more chapters later he can rewrite the future. It changes things as the story progressed, maybe the author changed his mind, maybe it was just Yhwach being an unreliable character, maybe it was how he wanted to express the power and give only bits over time, or maybe something else. The same could happen here.

Want an example of a novel that we have on wiki? For example in Lord Xue Ying, it was first said that there are countless Origin Worlds when the main character was still pretty weak in the grand scheme of things but later when he had a better understanding of reality he stated that there are millions. His later statements hold more weight for he got a better understatement.

It's not our job to access the Chinese websites to argue the characters, it's your or whoever wants to add it on the wiki. You must come with the arguments, with the quotes/statements, with the raws if needed, scans, references, etc.

I won't try to evaluate the tier of the verse as I said above I don't understand enough Alephs to give my opinion. But I will say that that better try to gather the entire information from the verse and create the profile(s), a cosmology blog in a sandbox/blog, and then ask for an evaluation.
I agree with everything here...
But there is still one thing, that is, in the whole novel, except that the Star Domain Father God used the void declaration and showed the tip of the iceberg of the power of void creatures, there is no case that void creatures take them seriously (Chen Jun is also void creatures) - they are so powerful that the plot of the novel itself can't accommodate them, The author has to explain that every move they take seriously will affect the balance of the whole void, So as to ensure the balance of power in this novel (if the balance is not considered, even the biggest disaster in the whole novel, that is, the abyss explosion caused by the old empire's attempt to master the void, is not worth mentioning in front of the void creatures. The author proves that if you can access the Chinese website, please see this post.)

Anyway, I'm very iffy on allowing this 'verse on the site right away, let alone with such high statistics. We should be more sure that the OP's proposals are accurate in-universe and are not contradicted by later statements, and that requires first having the full English translation (God knows how long that will take), and then getting some people to read it, and then preferably having fluent Chinese readers verify and proofread stuff. Needless to say, it will take a lot of time and effort just to add this 'verse, and I don't think it is worth it at this time.
It's unlikely now... I mean, if you have patience, we Xiling readers will translate the full text, and we will find as many people as possible to complete it.
Of course, if we just want to ensure that there is no contradiction between the preceding and the following text, we can first translate the places that prove that there is no contradiction. See what I said above for details. (of course, the first 500 chapters are purely irritating chapters. There are too many other works, such as StarCraft... So we don't want to translate those, and there is no setting in this part)

Hey.. the quotes your taking fron the series. I'd recommend adding quote boxes around them. It'll make it look more organized and easier to read

The problem arises when none of the wiki members can verify your translation. We can't just take your word for it.
Well, I don't know what I should say. But I don't think a six million word translation can be used to deceive people? In fact, all Xiling readers reject cheaters, because we have lost a lot of development opportunities because of some cheaters. I guarantee with all my online accounts in China. I'm not cheating...

Well, I don't know what I should say. But I don't think a six million word translation can be used to deceive people? In fact, all Xiling readers reject cheaters, because we have lost a lot of development opportunities because of some cheaters. I guarantee with all my online accounts in China. I'm not cheating...
Again. Your word and little else. I'm not insinuating that you'd "cheat" but that we can't just take a translation and run with it because any potential exaggeration because someone wasn't dumb enough to admit that they'd alter it.

And yes, it's easy to deceive people with long works, even translated ones. As an example, I'm pretty sure I can make an FTL revision for Supersonic Er Gen characters based on nothing but idioms and figures of speech and make it sound legitimate. At least with Ergenverse, you can easily check the officially translated and raw chapters, which isn't the case here.

Again. Your word and little else. I'm not insinuating that you'd "cheat" but that we can't just take a translation and run with it because any potential exaggeration because someone wasn't dumb enough to admit that they'd alter it.

And yes, it's easy to deceive people with long works, even translated ones. As an example, I'm pretty sure I can make an FTL revision for Supersonic Er Gen characters based on nothing but idioms and figures of speech and make it sound legitimate. At least with Ergenverse, you can easily check the officially translated and raw chapters, which isn't the case here.
Well, it may not be possible to link to the official translation, but I think we can link each chapter to the original part? I think that proves that we won't make any changes.

I suddenly had an idea that might be stupid. If anyone thinks I'm talking nonsense, please ignore it.:unsure:
I think all Chinese works without full-text translation can be classified into one category. Such works are only for viewing but not for discussion, unless they have a credible full-text translation at any time. There are many reasons:

First, if you translate the necessary articles one by one and then add these entries, it is really very difficult, and there are many Chinese works that can be introduced. Therefore, even if these works are not involved in the war discussion, giving them entries for browsing may further enhance the activity of the wiki.

Secondly, for the solution of the first problem, for these Chinese works that do not participate in the discussion, if it can be proved that the context is not contradictory and shows a clear level, then an entry can be created in this classification, but it can only be classified into Chinese works, not into the formal level, until they have a credible translation.

Third, there is the problem of translation. Some Chinese works contain too much Chinese slang... Even the translation is not very good, which is really a difficult problem.

Finally, classifying a special Chinese work and following the above can really reduce a lot of possible work. If anyone wants to introduce Chinese works, they can consider classifying it here, which will save a lot of time for debate, won't it? And it will not affect the normal wiki discussion.

That's a lot of work for something that doesn't fit into the wiki proper. We're an indexing site for the capabilities of fictional characters so by definition, our profiles are for viewing. The matches and stuff are for entertainment. It defeats the purpose if there's an entire section of profiles and information that most of the viewer base can't read or verify for themselves. Assuming I even understand what you just proposed, it all feels really incoherent.

Planck is right, first and foremost the wiki is an indexing website, second a place for entertainment and the like - sure they work hand in hand as people make profiles to debate them (not all but most), which in turn make people from all place gather to talk, debate, etc which finally keeps the wiki alive to say.

Take a normal novel for example which is picked by a translator. Usually if its under 2000 chapters and if the translator doesn't take long pause it will be finished being translated in 2 years a bit over. This hoping its not dropped, long pauses happening and the like.

You say the novel will be translated which is nice, but has a translator picked it up? Its the translator from an 'official website' like for example 'wuxiaworld' which most of the time finishes their novels; its a translator from 'qidian/webnovel' which most of the time take novels, try them for 60 chapters and if they are popular and get views they will translate more but even then its not sure if it will stay like that or not as qidian is infamous for dropping novels even if they have left till the end 300 chapters, 200 or even less than 100 (I could give so many examples that I would stay over 30 minutes just to number them).

Second, if its a fan which could also translated it be it native, know the language or just use different machine translations to get a result; how long will it take as these types of people move slower than the previous category as they don't get a revenue which could motivate them or simple they aren't paid (it not being their job) - example a novel I read which is translated by someone that fits this category (knows the language) brings only 1 chapter at a two day interval since it takes a lot of time to translate, they having another job and only gets tips from viewers through patreon or ko-fi (this novel having usually over 600k views per month but still a slow rate).

Third, there is also the machine translation websites (like lnmtl, novelmtl, camradmao, etc) which automatically translate novels (sometimes good, sometimes excellent but lots of the times bad) - you can use them but you also must bring the translated text, the raw text, create the arguments, create the profile in a sandbox/blog, make your thread with the previous said things and then have people evaluate it, debate it and finally come to an agreement which things are usable and which are not. A lot of work to do since the novel only has 1600 chapters - sure more than half life its just the talk, characters setting, world setting, the plots of the story and the like which is not needed to create a profile but the rest like the feats/statements for the cosmology, the abilities/powers, the actual feats that help with the statistics will be needed to create the profile(s).

In conclusion, the last way in which you use the MTL websites with the raw text would be your fastest method to get a profile as the alternatives will take years (that's if the novel is ever picked again - low chance as qidian owns its rights and dropped it) but also the most exhausting one as a lot of wok will be done. Sure you can do it and no one will stop you but you must first use a blog/sandbox (or more) to create the cosmology, the profile for the main character with its powers/statistics backed by the raw and translated text, then create a thread like this one but with the previous things organized and argumented so the members of this wiki can evaluate them.

The problem arises when none of the wiki members can verify your translation. We can't just take your word for it.
We actually have a few native/fluent Chinese speakers such as Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, Mariogoods, and Jasonsith.

I'd suggest Nonanething to make a huge blog post with both original text and translations being inserted. Then they can ask our Chinese speakers to verify if the translations are correct and do not overexaggerate things.

@Nonanething, I appreciate your attempts to add your domestic verse to the wiki. However, since this is a Tier 1 or 0 verse, the process would be far longer.

Planck is right, first and foremost the wiki is an indexing website, second a place for entertainment and the like - sure they work hand in hand as people make profiles to debate them (not all but most), which in turn make people from all place gather to talk, debate, etc which finally keeps the wiki alive to say.

Take a normal novel for example which is picked by a translator. Usually if its under 2000 chapters and if the translator doesn't take long pause it will be finished being translated in 2 years a bit over. This hoping its not dropped, long pauses happening and the like.

You say the novel will be translated which is nice, but has a translator picked it up? Its the translator from an 'official website' like for example 'wuxiaworld' which most of the time finishes their novels; its a translator from 'qidian/webnovel' which most of the time take novels, try them for 60 chapters and if they are popular and get views they will translate more but even then its not sure if it will stay like that or not as qidian is infamous for dropping novels even if they have left till the end 300 chapters, 200 or even less than 100 (I could give so many examples that I would stay over 30 minutes just to number them).

Second, if its a fan which could also translated it be it native, know the language or just use different machine translations to get a result; how long will it take as these types of people move slower than the previous category as they don't get a revenue which could motivate them or simple they aren't paid (it not being their job) - example a novel I read which is translated by someone that fits this category (knows the language) brings only 1 chapter at a two day interval since it takes a lot of time to translate, they having another job and only gets tips from viewers through patreon or ko-fi (this novel having usually over 600k views per month but still a slow rate).

Third, there is also the machine translation websites (like lnmtl, novelmtl, camradmao, etc) which automatically translate novels (sometimes good, sometimes excellent but lots of the times bad) - you can use them but you also must bring the translated text, the raw text, create the arguments, create the profile in a sandbox/blog, make your thread with the previous said things and then have people evaluate it, debate it and finally come to an agreement which things are usable and which are not. A lot of work to do since the novel only has 1600 chapters - sure more than half life its just the talk, characters setting, world setting, the plots of the story and the like which is not needed to create a profile but the rest like the feats/statements for the cosmology, the abilities/powers, the actual feats that help with the statistics will be needed to create the profile(s).

In conclusion, the last way in which you use the MTL websites with the raw text would be your fastest method to get a profile as the alternatives will take years (that's if the novel is ever picked again - low chance as qidian owns its rights and dropped it) but also the most exhausting one as a lot of wok will be done. Sure you can do it and no one will stop you but you must first use a blog/sandbox (or more) to create the cosmology, the profile for the main character with its powers/statistics backed by the raw and translated text, then create a thread like this one but with the previous things organized and argumented so the members of this wiki can evaluate them.
I think I'll do that and start sorting in a day or two. I'll try my best.
I will attach the Chinese original text. In fact, I have done a lot of such work before.
The translation task is completed by the volunteers among Xiling readers. We don't expect the translation of qidian to do anything. They even don't do as well as machine translation.

We actually have a few native/fluent Chinese speakers such as Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, Mariogoods, and Jasonsith.

I'd suggest Nonanething to make a huge blog post with both original text and translations being inserted. Then they can ask our Chinese speakers to verify if the translations are correct and do not overexaggerate things.

@Nonanething, I appreciate your attempts to add your domestic verse to the wiki. However, since this is a Tier 1 or 0 verse, the process would be far longer.
I think I can do it now - if it's just the whole document I sent above, I think I can finish it in two hours.
If it is the full text, please look at the above, and I will try my best to do it.

I think I've sorted out the translation and Chinese original of that document, which may explain some problems, but all possible feats / events / forces I'm still writing another blog.
This is to read the whole novel again, and this will write a really huge article. I think it may be more than 120000 words?

I am personally inclined to agree with Zaratthustra and Planck69. I don't want to encourage you and your friends to spend massive amounts of time making an unofficial translation in order to get profile pages here, when we will not be able to properly confirm the information afterwards anyway, after which all of your work will extremely likely have been in vain.

I am personally inclined to agree with Zaratthustra and Planck69. I don't want to encourage you and your friends to spend massive amounts of time making an unofficial translation in order to get profile pages here, when we will not be able to properly confirm the information afterwards anyway, after which all of your work will extremely likely have been in vain.
In that case, I think I can translate the feat / skill / strength part, then attach the Chinese original text and the original website, and then see if I can make a better proof.If this can be better proved, make further plans.
I don't want the characters / civilizations in this novel to be limited to Chinese websites.

Well, you will likely have to wait for an official translation first.

But that seems unlikely. The translation of qidian is not worth counting on. The author is busy preparing his fourth book and the production of helling animation, so it is more impossible than unofficial translation...

You would probably have to work alongside someone trustworthy in the wiki, who also understands Chinese. They would have to be there through all of the translation. But that's a big endeavor I'm not sure anyone is willing to undertake.

You would probably have to work alongside someone trustworthy in the wiki, who also understands Chinese. They would have to be there through all of the translation. But that's a big endeavor I'm not sure anyone is willing to undertake.
I think I can solve the problem of having to translate at the same time if I attach the original text and the link to the original article, but again, as you and everyone above said, it's too long.

As for the feat / skill / power of unofficial translation being tested, this is just the first point in this blog. You can take a look first.

In the end, if any possible way is not very good, then I just hope that this character can be normally searched on this wiki and directly linked to the original text of the novel, OK? I have nothing to say. Doing a translation of all feats / skills / strength is the last way my friends and I can do it... If that doesn't work, I'll have to ask the author again - but it may take three months to get just one answer. I think this is another setback in Chinese science fiction...

Unfortunately I do not have the time to read through and evaluate in-depth cosmology blogs, and I doubt that any of our current members will be willing to read through thousands of pages to help you out.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to read through and evaluate in-depth cosmology blogs, and I doubt that any of our current members will be willing to read through thousands of pages to help you out.
Well, I mean, in fact, if it's just a feat / skill / power, it's not as much as you think, I may send you a message in a few days and then discuss it again, okay? Let this topic go for the time being. After all, it takes a long time to determine tier 0.
Anyway, thank you and all the staff.

Can you link the chapters for the respective evidence or quotes because I want to verify things? Last time, you used statements from a fan opinion.

Reading more, I agree on waiting until translations with source texts from the series are provided. The series needs the correct criterias like having a proper blog as explained by the Editing Rules before evaluations:
  • Verses that do not possess official English translations are allowed as long as they meet the following criteria:
    • Do not add scans in a language different from English to profiles. The only exceptions are for explicitly visual feats, clear demonstrations of powers and everything that doesn't need to read a text to be comprehended.
    • Always make one or more blogs to explain and demonstrate the content of a profile, including powers, feats and everything that requires reading a text. Blogs must contain scans (or links to them), the original text that is written into them, the proposed translation, references to the source of said scans and any kind of explanation and context needed.
    • The author of said blogs shall provide any further evidence, explanation, scan and so on if asked them by staff members or regular users.
    • Blogs for 2-A or higher tier and particularly controversial powers will be subject to extra scrutiny and will need the approval of staff members.

Last edited:
Can you link the chapters for the respective evidence or quotes because I want to verify things? Last time, you used statements from a fan opinion.

Reading more, I agree on waiting until translations with source texts from the series are provided. The series needs the correct criterias like having a proper blog as explained by the Editing Rules before evaluations:
  • Verses that do not possess official English translations are allowed as long as they meet the following criteria:
    • Do not add scans in a language different from English to profiles. The only exceptions are for explicitly visual feats, clear demonstrations of powers and everything that doesn't need to read a text to be comprehended.
    • Always make one or more blogs to explain and demonstrate the content of a profile, including powers, feats and everything that requires reading a text. Blogs must contain scans (or links to them), the original text that is written into them, the proposed translation, references to the source of said scans and any kind of explanation and context needed.
    • The author of said blogs shall provide any further evidence, explanation, scan and so on if asked them by staff members or regular users.
    • Blogs for 2-A or higher tier and particularly controversial powers will be subject to extra scrutiny and will need the approval of staff members.
Of course, I will attach the original link and the Chinese of that part.I will try my best. I'm sorry I used the words of a fan before.
Thank you very much.

@Nonanething, I saw you inserting the original text. However, that's not the proper way. Instead of putting everything at the bottom of the explanation blog, it'd better if you write one paragraph of original text first, then one paragraph of proposed translation. Then repeat. This way, a Chinese speaker could easily read the original text, then start cheking the translation immediately, without scrolling a lot. Here's an example of how it should be.

I'd also advise you to read the References page as well, take a look at the format for book verses.

@Nonanething, I saw you inserting the original text. However, that's not the proper way. Instead of putting everything at the bottom of the explanation blog, it'd better if you write one paragraph of original text first, then one paragraph of proposed translation. Then repeat. This way, a Chinese speaker could easily read the original text, then start cheking the translation immediately, without scrolling a lot. Here's an example of how it should be.

I'd also advise you to read the References page as well, take a look at the format for book verses.
OK, I will notice that I will use this method in the new comprehensive blog and insert the original links.
Thank you.

Back