• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Pokemon faces a Fairy Tail character...

Hmm ... August scales above Gildarts who is > Erza >= Deus Sema = 121.8 gigatons so overpowering Charizard is out. Good thing he mind reads, deflects all ranged attacks, ignores durability, copies attacks, power nulls, has forcefields, sleep magic, and time slow.

Logically he should have everything the other Spriggan's have too but that is a bit much.

It did? Someone needs to change the links in profiles then.

I was on the fence before since Mega evolution gave a large stat amp + X form doing the same for cqc attacks (the ones that matter), so August was looking at getting two or three shot. With the increase in his AP though, August should take the win pretty easily.

Reflector gives August the advantage with his bullet magic while Charizard's range is useless.

If X manages to close the distance, time slow and mind reading let August avoid hits in cqc.

Forcefields and illusions will slow/distract him

Copy magic lets August use any moves used on him and power nulls a lot (if not all) of them.

Sleep magic will put Charizard down instantly.

Tl;dr While Charizard X has the AP by a decent margin, August has too much hax to overcome and doesn't potentially give his opponent an attack that does bonus damage to him. August low diff.

Ah I realised the problem. Since August scales to Gildarts, I used the link on his page which leads to the old calc. I'll have to be more thorough next time.

Ah yes, it seems the link on the gildarts's page hasn't been fixed. Good thing you noticed it. We need to request an admin to fix the link

August takes this, he has the versatility and AP to win, he has many different powers to outdo Charizard, he also likely has a counter to almost everything Charizard can do, he was overpowering Gildarts, another High 6-C Character with Ease, not to mention he resistance is super overpowered and can likely null anything Charizard does to him, also he ignores Conventional durability

August for every reason but AP. He's more of a match for the semi-hax like Gardevoir or Lucario or Ninetales rather than the completely unhaxed Charizard.

The real cal howard said:
August for every reason but AP. He's more of a match for the semi-hax like Gardevoir or Lucario or Ninetales rather than the completely unhaxed Charizard.
Well, I think it's unanimous, since there were seven votes and none voted for Charizard, I think this can be immediately added ...

I think I'm going to make a match between August and Lucario (or Gardevoir)

Can anyone answer my question? What can Charizard remotely do here to make this not a stomp but a legit loss? August has a ridiculous amount of ways to beat Charizard.

Back