• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I do not have any ideas for VS thread names anymore...

Yay! Thanks!

Gardevoir's precog makes a huge advantage while Imprison shuts down sleep, mind reading, power null, forcefields, illusions, and spatial. Gardevoir can then put him to sleep in turn via Hypnosis and kiss him to death with Draining Kiss.

If Pokemon Moves do equal Magic, August takes it, Cobra's Mind Reading was completely useless, and didn't work on him, in fact he can read minds as well, all of the Pokemon Moves Gardevoir can use would be resisted by August, and he would be able to use them as well, using Hypnosis on Gardevoir and then taking her out, Gardevoir can't beat august's Magic Resistance, as well, he hax is useless on him, and he likely has a huge variety of Moves that can take her out

You took SBA too far... August won't resist her moves because of his magical resistance. Anything that both of them can do gets nullifies by Imprison. Even if August copies her moves, Imprison makes it so he can't use them.

Just saying, Imprison mainly only removes the methods and specific attacks that cause effects. If she and Darkrai were on equal grounds and she had Hypnosis along with Darkrai, Hypnosis would be nulled, but Dark Void would still be fair game.

That was ruled as game mechanics to make the move not broken in an old Ninetales match by Saik. Like the reasoning was that it's silly to assume something like breathing fire would be broken down to how you breathe fire to be nulled, like Flamethrower to Ember. I'll see if I can find the match.

Sooo, I wanna know if this is a viable method of winning

>August is hit by Imprison

>August copies Imprison

>August nulls Imprison

>August uses Imprison on Gardevoir

>Gardevoir has no moves available

Gardevoir has pretty good precognition and Mimic, Me First, Mirror Move, and Copycat are things in verse. She'd easily be able to gain instant knowledge of copy magic. And August still can't null something that already affected him. The time is gone. Gardevoir couldn't remove it if she wanted too.

August was hit. He was in pieces. Then he was not.

Last link even shows him in multiple pieces then completely fine in the next panel.

Actually no, August Magic instantly copies his opponents magic and nullifies it's effects against himself, meaning he negates powers used against him

I repeat my sentiment. August put himself back together because that's what Crash Magic allows you to do, which is why he pseudo-teleported as blocks after copying the power before fully putting himself back together. Not because he negated the effects of it.

Are you clicking the links? Gildarts literally calls it the

>Instantaneous copying of magic

He copies the opponents powers

>At the same time this can nullify the magician's magic in front of you

Power nulls the guy he copied

>He figured it out in this short time!?

Clearly Gildarts got it right seeing as August agrees with him.

I never said that it didn't power null. I'm saying that it shouldn't have an effect on an attack that was already launched.

That's literally exactly how his power null works, that's why August is seen as invincible

To explain more, I don't doubt Imprison getting nulled by the effects of the copy magic. I just doubt that the effects of Imprison would magically disappear once he prevents Gardevoir from using it, because her power isn't sustaining it anymore. It's just there.

Okay then. Ignoring how Imprison doesn't prevent Copy Magic from power nulling it, it doesn't matter since Imprison will never hit in the first place and will be useless thereafter because Time Dilation field. August has a huge speed advantage and won't get tagged by pretty much anything but auto hits and Imprisons Gardevoir the moment it uses the move.

Alternatively, Imprison fails to land because of Reflector. Rinse and repeat, August slaughters another pokemon. Someone needs to call PETA on his ass.

Back