• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I do not have any ideas for VS thread names anymore...

AnonymousBlank said:
August has a huge speed advantage won't get tagged by pretty much anything but auto hits and Imrisons Gardevoir the moment it uses the move.
The speed is equalized and even if the speed was not equalized who would not be tagged it would be Gardevoir because she is Relativistic and August is MHS+

Time dilation field is what gives him the speed advantage in this situation which is a valid argument as its not the sole reason why he wins

Gardevoir is well out of range of the time dilation field, it's not a Ren Fuji level slow and is only as good as a decent speed boost, and given how Gardevoir can keep up at least a little with users of Quick Attack and Agility (being a user of a priority move herself) with the good precog and instinctive reaction on her side, it won't be too crazy of a boon for August.

Imprison isn't some sort of ranged attack as much as it is a psychic placement that happens. Speaking of which, almost all of Gardevoir's attacks are telekinetic and won't be reflected by Reflector. Only exceptions are Moonblast, which does get reflected, Magical Leaf, which will just keep on going back to August due to being a homing attack, and Shadow Sneak, which won't work because you can't reflect a shadow and it's purpose it to sneak up on you.

There's also the fact that there's several other things that Gardevoir has in her favor. One, she can boost the heck out of herself while debuffing August. Two, due to Encore, the moment August does something that wouldn't result in a victory (so pretty much if he uses anything that's not Reflector or Copy), he's forced to only use that, so Gardevoir can just go in on that. She has actual duplication on top of Double Team to confuse him. And of course, she could always just mindscrew with Hypnosis and then kill him by draining his life force.

If I had to choose a specific way she wins (without going lolHypnosis), Gardevoir wins via her precognition as well as Encore. Due to her precog, she knows everything he'll do before he does it and can plan around it. If he leads with copy magic, she locks him into it and beats him down with generic Pokken moves with her AP advantage and her precog and instinctive reaction prevent her from taking a hit. If he leads with reflector, she locks him into it, then stays out of range and buffs herself so she can spam Psychic and Confusion. If he starts with Slowing, she locks him into it and just stays out of range. If he starts with fire magic, she locks him into it and he's just screwed.

If anything he has is passive, Gardevoir steals it with Skill Swap, so now she has it and August has his passive replaced to make all of his attacks fairy, which Gardevoir resists.

Or she can just rip open space telekinetically and one-shot him.

I will have to vote for the old man with the amazing beard for reason stated above. He will just copy her abilities, rendering them useless against him.

Old man is haxed.

So just genuinely wondering here but has August ever copied anything remotely similar to imprison before. Because I dont see anything that looks close to it on his profile or are we just assuming he can via his ability.

NLF isn't necessarily about strength, but about capacity. He's saying that it could be NLF because August hasn't shown the capacity to copy skills like that. Now whether or not I agree with that, I think that he can copy.

I still say Gardevoir wins by precog, locking him into an attack with Encore, and going ham after that.

The thing with Erik's sound magic, Racer's Time-Dilation and Midnight's Reflector is that you can't see them but August copied them anyway. This means he is constantly copying the magic that is being used in his field of vision during a fight. Anything Gardevoir does is getting noped.

AnonymousBlank said:
The thing with Erik's sound magic, Racer's Time-Dilation and Midnight's Reflector is that you can't see them but August copied them anyway. This means he is constantly copying the magic that is being used in his field of vision during a fight. Anything Gardevoir does is getting noped.
Er...I never argued otherwise. They're not nope'd before they get activated, only after. If your arguing that her precog would get nope'd, that's not gonna happen. It's not an active ability, nor would it fall under verse equalization. Still, if Gardevoir locks August into something that's not Copy, she handily beats him.

If the precog is an in built thing thats specific to gardevoirs then I don't think he can copy it. That would be like him copying DS magic which is unique to dragons and needs to be given the magic to obtain it. Think of it like Sharingan and Kekkei Genkai, Sasuke can copy whatever he wants but if its dependent on having something then he can't copy it.

Now if its a move that grants precog then August will have no problem copying and nulling it. So long as Gardevoir is in his line of sight, most of its moves are getting nulled.

AnonymousBlank said:
If the precog is an in built thing thats specific to gardevoirs then I don't think he can copy it. That would be like him copying DS magic which is unique to dragons and needs to be given the magic to obtain it. Think of it like Sharingan and Kekkei Genkai, Sasuke can copy whatever he wants but if its dependent on having something then he can't copy it.

Now if its a move that grants precog then August will have no problem copying and nulling it. So long as Gardevoir is in his line of sight, most of its moves are getting nulled.
August don't have any feat of copying DSM, but it also doesn't have any reason why he can't copy it

Back