• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Couple Garou Buffs and Nerfs. 1 Saitama Buff

There are a few changes I would like to make to Garou's profile essentially just polishing some things and making a few adjustments anyways I'll be straight forward with the reasons.

Nerfs:

Garou's Attack Speed:
It has been substantiated by @Chariot190 that each of Garou's Gamma Ray Bursts (GRB) constituted a flawless replication of genuine GRBs, complete with independent scaling for attack speed categorized as Relativistic+. This is not a suggestion to nerf Garou's inherent attack speed, but rather a proposal to assign unique attack speed scaling to all the naturally occurring universal phenomena he replicates, including Nuclear Fission, GRB, and any other phenomena, instead of relying on Garou's personal attack speed as the baseline for scaling.

(Attack Speed Varies in accordance with the recreation of universal phenomena, as they are an exact replication of the authentic event. Relativistic+ attack speed with Gamma Ray Burst (Gamma Ray Bursts move at nearly the speed of light), Subsonic+ attack speed with Nuclear Fission (Nuclear Explosions can move at and exceed 1000m/s)

Garou's Time Travel specifically should be relimited:

I am not proposing any constraints on the entirety of his abilities. Body Control, Matter Manipulation (Sub-Atomic) and Antimatter Manipulation should remain completely unrestrained (Thank goodness or the Time Travel CRT would have been useless), as Garou can employ them effortlessly. However, there should be limitations on Time Travel. Unlike Saitama, who can wield it as a skill in his arsenal, Garou only mastered it while litterly dying. Therefore, to incorporate Time Travel, one must specifically consider a "composite" version of Garou, meaning there needs to be distinct regulations and modifications for time travel which means it is limited. While Time Travel should be "Limited," it can still be utilized in versus threads if explicitly specified.

Also there is a subtle change I would like to make for Note 1 its like an itch that couldn't be scratched pls change it: Garou only acquired this ability as he was dying and only after copying Saitama. When making a match with Parallel Timeline Garou, the ability should be specified as being useable or not for the thread. If it is included, the agreed characterization would be that he would only use the move if he was Bloodlusted, In a dire combat situation, or a Last Resort.

Buff:

Garou's and Saitama's Speed should be MFTL+:
Thanks to @Kachon123 , we have meticulous calculations for speeds at our disposal. The utilization of the "Low-End" is justified as it represents the minimal timeframe for Garou's reaction speed. However, this cannot be universally applied for various compelling reasons. The initially established timeframe pertained to an entirely distinct feat achieved by a significantly less potent Garou. It's imperative to acknowledge that all of Garou's statistics have experienced astronomical augmentation since then, rendering the low end obsolete.

The mid end is rendered impractical due to the uncertainty surrounding whether the shockwaves were truly frozen or not. Embracing the mid end would necessitate an assumption unsupported by concrete evidence. Consequently, the only viable option remaining is the "High End" calculation. I firmly believe this is the most prudent choice, not only from a logical standpoint but also substantiated by compelling evidence and an accompanying statement. Chapter 155 unequivocally denotes these entities as "Light Structures," providing a solid foundation for the accuracy of our calculation. This, in turn, refines our understanding of both Saitama's and Garou's speed......

Saitama and Garou (18497547800c / MFTL+)

Well since this is my last thread (I'm going to be banned for 6 months) its up for all of you to decide to come into an agreement or not with staff.

Peace.

(Attack Speed Varies in accordance with the recreation of universal phenomena, as they are an exact replication of the authentic event. Relativistic+ attack speed with Gamma Ray Burst (Gamma Ray Bursts move at nearly the speed of light), Subsonic+ attack speed with Nuclear Fission (Nuclear Explosions can move at and exceed 1000m/s)
Alright
Garou only acquired this ability as he was dying and only after copying Saitama. When making a match with Parallel Timeline Garou, the ability should be specified as being useable or not for the thread. If it is included, the agreed characterization would be that he would only use the move if he was Bloodlusted, In a dire combat situation, or a Last Resort.
Fine with this
Consequently, the only viable option remaining is the "High End" calculation
No, that's not the only viable end. To assume they're literally freezing light in place has no basis. In fact the aura themselves is just their afterimages forming lines between them. I'm not using the high end.

For the shockwaves they don't work like that in space since they're no atmosphere and Saitama just obliterated it with the Tableflip.

Also 1000 m/s is supersonic+, not subsonic+, and it should come before the gamma ray burst because of the level and order of apperance

Nerfs:

Garou's Attack Speed:
It has been substantiated by @Chariot190 that each of Garou's Gamma Ray Bursts (GRB) constituted a flawless replication of genuine GRBs, complete with independent scaling for attack speed categorized as Relativistic+. This is not a suggestion to nerf Garou's inherent attack speed, but rather a proposal to assign unique attack speed scaling to all the naturally occurring universal phenomena he replicates, including Nuclear Fission, GRB, and any other phenomena, instead of relying on Garou's personal attack speed as the baseline for scaling.

Agree with the proposal, but Nuclear Fission would be Supersonic+

I am not proposing any constraints on the entirety of his abilities. Body Control, Matter Manipulation (Sub-Atomic) and Antimatter Manipulation should remain completely unrestrained (Thank goodness or the Time Travel CRT would have been useless), as Garou can employ them effortlessly. However, there should be limitations on Time Travel. Unlike Saitama, who can wield it as a skill in his arsenal, Garou only mastered it while litterly dying. Therefore, to incorporate Time Travel, one must specifically consider a "composite" version of Garou, meaning there needs to be distinct regulations and modifications for time travel which means it is limited. While Time Travel should be "Limited," it can still be utilized in versus threads if explicitly specified.

Also there is a subtle change I would like to make for Note 1 its like an itch that couldn't be scratched pls change it: Garou only acquired this ability as he was dying and only after copying Saitama. When making a match with Parallel Timeline Garou, the ability should be specified as being useable or not for the thread. If it is included, the agreed characterization would be that he would only use the move if he was Bloodlusted, In a dire combat situation, or a Last Resort.
Sure.
Buff:

Thanks to @Kachon123 , we have meticulous calculations for speeds at our disposal. The utilization of the "Low-End" is justified as it represents the minimal timeframe for Garou's reaction speed. However, this cannot be universally applied for various compelling reasons. The initially established timeframe pertained to an entirely distinct feat achieved by a significantly less potent Garou. It's imperative to acknowledge that all of Garou's statistics have experienced astronomical augmentation since then, rendering the low end obsolete.

The mid end is rendered impractical due to the uncertainty surrounding whether the shockwaves were truly frozen or not. Embracing the mid end would necessitate an assumption unsupported by concrete evidence. Consequently, the only viable option remaining is the "High End" calculation. I firmly believe this is the most prudent choice, not only from a logical standpoint but also substantiated by compelling evidence and an accompanying statement. Chapter 155 unequivocally denotes these entities as "Light Structures," providing a solid foundation for the accuracy of our calculation. This, in turn, refines our understanding of both Saitama's and Garou's speed......

Saitama and Garou (18497547800c / MFTL+)
Neutral, calcs aren’t my thing.

Supersonic Nuclear Fission punches would mean that the detonation would be so laughably slow that Garou and Saitama would completely statue them rendering them useless in battle

Garou at the end of the end of the fight punches Saitama on the face with NF to distract him with the explosion and run away, which he does succesfully and Saitama has to Serious Fart to catch up to him. This would have straight up not worked if the explosions are Supersonic+

It's frankly ridiculous that staff members here agree with this nonsense.

The time travel re-restriction is dumb as hell too and I'll address it later.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Garou's Nuclear Fission Fist not fully expand in a similar speed to the Garou and Saitama's momentum flying off of Io?

For reference, they were moving fast enough to travel hundreds, if not thousands of kilometers while the gas on Jupiter's surface seemed frozen, or at least moving extremely slow. There's absolutely no reason to say that these attacks are only around 1000 m/s when considering this as well as of how obsolete using them would be due to its speed relative to Saitama's, as Recon mentioned above.

This is not entirely correct, a nuclear explosion is composed of many, many parts. While the blast wave, aka the concussive, explosive force created from the expanding gases, is moving at over 1000 meters per second, the thermal radiation released would be moving at the speed of light, this being pretty much the instant fireball kill zone that appears microseconds after a nuke detonates. This isn't insignificant, people inside of this zone get vaporized after all.

that's not to mention how the explosion clearly isn't moving that far below Saitama's and Garou's speed, otherwise it would be an absurdly glacial progress and also kind of shitty in a fight

Yeah no there is absolutely no way you should be scaling the speed of his nuclear fission punches to the speed of a normal fission explosion.

There was literally a explosion that instantaneously expanded to a size that could be compared to Jupiter.

I can't believe anyone would agree with that. What is going on?

There's no reason to ignore the entire context of the fight itself like that though.
Garou using both nuclear fission and GRB is to show his capability of copiying forces in the universe, then surpassing the original.

Disagree. Also note that the GRB rating as Relativistic+ is heavily invalid, considering Garou could easily surpassing the original GRB.

**** Time Travel tho.
How it ever got added as a legitimate battle option is baffling. "Peak Condition" doesn't mean making shit up.

Garou could not do time Travel as he said himself, he had to see Saitama do it.
In this situation, it resulted in him literally dying. The only time Garou had Time Travel that he could actually use, was moments away from death. There does not exist a time when Garou was actually in prime condition while having Time Travel. Thus logically, in order to use a Garou with that ability in a match, we would need to use THE Garou who could do it, aka a dying one. Pretending he can do it normally isn't how the wiki works and is straight-up making shit up to wank him.

One could argue "well he only died because he was going against god, in a match he wouldn't so it's ok", and yeah, sure ok that is true, but that does not fix the thing though as if he has time travel, he's dying as in context those two sequences overlapped and there's no such thing as "Garou who knows time travel but isn't dying" to even index, like that state does not exist and is not a state he could acquire normally himself, as such you gotta pick a Garou beforehand who lacks that knowledge, meaning the only way he can whip out time travel is if he gets outside help, which, obviously, doesn't work under SBA.

The abilities that make up Time Travel is fine, he do be using those without issue.

I agree with removing that shit as an actual viable option in matches 99% of the time, we're basically compositing shit and making up a hypothetical Garou that never existed, something he noted himself he couldn't actually do without a demonstration, which, newsflash, we aren't actually allowed to do.

Agree with the proposal, but Nuclear Fission would be Supersonic+
?????????????
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Garou was a mistake. Just delete the character. Okay being real I agree with Chariot. Time travel needs to go. The explosion part is unrealistic though.

There are a few changes I would like to make to Garou's profile essentially just polishing some things and making a few adjustments anyways I'll be straight forward with the reasons.

Nerfs:

Garou's Attack Speed:

Buff:

Thanks to @Kachon123 , we have meticulous calculations for speeds at our disposal. The utilization of the "Low-End" is justified as it represents the minimal timeframe for Garou's reaction speed.
No, it does not, by the way, it uses the Platinum-Garou timeframe.

Can we close this thread? It was poorly constructed on every front and the OP is banned.

Question, what does dying have to do with the effectiveness of an ability? This is like saying that creating a fireball but dying in the process is Limited Fire Manipulation, no it's not, it's just Fire Manipulation with a weakness.

Besides it was God who killed Garou not the use of time travel itself.

Question, what does dying have to do with the effectiveness of an ability? This is like saying that creating a fireball but dying in the process is Limited Fire Manipulation, no it's not, it's just Fire Manipulation with a weakness.

Besides it was God who killed Garou not the use of time travel itself.
Literally doesn't matter. also yeah that would be limited, if you can only do it once, under specific conditions, and that shit kills you, seems pretty limited ngl
Garou does not have Time Travel in peak condition. The only time he had Time Travel was in a state he was dying, and the very fact that enabled him to learn Time Travel in the first place, corresponds to him dying. What killed him doesn't matter, all that matters is the fact he was dying and it's only in that state that he knew how, no withstanding God killed him because he stopped fighting Saitama in the first place, a fact that enabled him to learn Time Travel, aka, it's just semantics.

If someone wants to use Garou with Time Travel, the only time he could is when dying, so they must use a dying Garou as a healthy Garou with Time Travel does not exist and would never have happened if he didn't do said thing that caused his death anyway.
As it stands, Peak Garou having Time Travel breaks so many wiki standards it isn't even funny, it's effectively compositing and lying at the same time.

That isn't to say Time Travel should be removed, it just needs to be restricted to the state he actually knew how, instead of in a state he quite literally couldn't by his own admission. In theory, Garou could also do it in peak condition if for some reason, the foe he's fighting did it and he coped them there, but that doesn't actually affect the profile as you could say the same for most abilities he could mimic.

The only thing I can see here being added is a weakness in his profile explaining what happened when he tried to use this skill against God.

But if Garou had changed his mind after copying the ability, or used it to try to kill Saitama, he probably wouldn't have died.

Either that or you could add a new key named "Dying Garou" with his only new ability being time travel, Imao.

The only thing I can see here being added is a weakness in his profile explaining what happened when he tried to use this skill against God.

But if Garou had changed his mind after copying the ability, or used it to try to kill Saitama, he probably wouldn't have died.
Yeah I agree with this.

Not keeping Time Travel on Parallel Timeline Garou's profile is like removing Half Monster Garou's resistance to Extreme Heat because he only gained that ability later on in that key, since when he first became a Half Monster he was getting burned by boiling water. It makes no sense.

This isn't a Composite Garou, it's just how we treat stuff like this. Garou eventually Time Travel as an ability, so we can add and keep it in his profile as well as use it in matches when using the appropriate key.

You evidently don't understand, there is no "when he tried to use this skill against god", he didn't have it until he did.

You can make up hypotheticals, sure, but that isn't what happened. The very act that caused Garou to learn how to do time travel, is what initiated God to kill him. There is no "Garou who's not dying but has Time Travel", the very reason he has it is also why he's dying.

This would be like having a profile with some magic McGuffin, and having it in their peak, even though in order to get it they had to trade their legs, arms, half their torso and like 20$ to get it with the argument being "Well, they could have gotten it a different way so...".

Also, that isn't true, God began killing him in the middle of his teaching Saitama, blud legit was gonna die even if he DID change his mind or whatever, the moment he started teaching Saitama, God said nah dude and killed him. Which is to say, Garou began dying before he even learned how to Time Travel, he just happened to learn it before he died completely.
Either that or you could add a new key named "Dying Garou" with his only new ability being time travel, Imao.
Would unironically be more accurate ngl.

Last edited:
You evidently don't understand, there is no "when he tried to use this skill against god", he didn't have it until he did.
The ability itself isn't what made him die. It's what he used it for.

Under normal circumstances he'd be able to use it without getting turned into salt right after.
Would unironically be more accurate ngl.
It wouldn't, since it's the same Garou.

Not keeping Time Travel on Parallel Timeline Garou's profile is like removing Half Monster Garou's resistance to Extreme Heat because he only gained that ability later on in that key, since when he first became a Half Monster he was getting burned by boiling water. It makes no sense.
Bad example, having an ability later on in the key, isn't the same as having an ability that you could only get when you died.
This isn't a Composite Garou, it's just how we treat stuff like this. Garou eventually Time Travel as an ability, so we can add and keep it in his profile as well as use it in matches when using the appropriate key.
No it isn't? I'd know because I've overhauled profiles that explicitly DON'T do shit like that like Kira and Baoh, having whole notes explaining timeframes and when they had stuff, when they lost it, and the conditions in which they had it.

It's nothing but wank and inflating to give him a funny wincon in matches. Index things properly.
Like what the **** are you on about? You're flat-out using an ability he didn't have until he was dying, and the only way he could get it caused his death, and then going "uh well no he can use it whenever :) (y) ".
The ability itself isn't what made him die. It's what he used it for.

Under normal circumstances he'd be able to use it without getting turned into salt right after.
Under normal circumstances, he wouldn't HAVE IT to begin with because he learned how from Saitama. The way he learned how in the first place is what killed him, you don't have the excuse of "well he was fine for like a second after he learned it before god decided to kill him so we can just use that moment", because God started killing him BEFORE he learned how while he was in the middle of teaching it. You're making shit up just to wank.
It wouldn't, since it's the same Garou.
Yeah and Key 1 is the same Garou too.

Garou figuring out time travel near the end of a match would still be a wincon if it was limited or not cause that’s what he did in the fight against Saitama so 🗿

I mean nobody is saying he can't learn how in a match, he just can't start with it and whip it on a dime like it's being treated atm.

Idk HOW he'd learn in mid-match, but like, he could ig in theory.

Kinda ignoring how he needed to watch Saitama to do it mimic it and that's gonna be a hard call in a match against someone who can't do that but eh.

Bad example, having an ability later on in the key, isn't the same as having an ability that you could only get when you died.
I think you're failing to understand what happened when Garou used the ability.

Garou in his Parallel Timeline key eventually learned the ability, but when he was using it, he was turned to salt because he taught it to Saitama. It's still an ability he would have in this key.
No it isn't? I'd know because I've overhauled profiles that explicitly DON'T do shit like that like Kira and Baoh.
I don't know who Kira or Baoh are, but just because you didn't do something to their profiles doesn't mean you did it correct and that Garou's profile is wrong.
It's nothing but wank and inflating to give him a funny wincon in matches. Index things properly.
Like what the **** are you on about? You're flatout using an ability he didn't have until he was dying, and the only way he could get it caused his deah, and then going "uh well no he can use it whenever :) (y) ".
I don't appreciate you accusing me of wank and inflating profiles, and the fact that you're mentioning vs matches and wincons just makes it seem like you're saying this out of spite. I advise you get your priorities in order.

Whether Garou learned it right before getting put down or not is completely irrelevant, as when we index abilities, it's supposed to incapsulate the individual's full capability in said key. Garou didn't die because he learned the ability. He died because he used the ability in a specific way. In literally any other context he'd be able to use it freely if he'd like.

I think you're failing to understand what happened when Garou used the ability.

Garou in his Parallel Timeline key eventually learned the ability, but when he was using it, he was turned to salt because he taught it to Saitama. It's still an ability he would have in this key.
I JUST looked up the chapter.
He knew what to do, but he had yet to actually figure it out. While he was mid-teaching Saiama, god said no die.
Saitama then used it after Garou began dying.

In a normal situation, there is nobody to use as a basis to replicate it, and while he knows HOW to do it without help, he says himself he actually can't.

As such, if we were actually doing shit properly, we would specify that yeah, he can Time Travel, but he only managed to in a situation that initiated his own death, and prior to that he did not have the capability to do so freely. Thus, Garou would need to either be salted to have Time Travel, or, he can't use it freely aka he basically doesn't.

A mere note explaining this would be sufficient.

I don't know who Kira or Baoh are, but just because you didn't do something to their profiles doesn't mean you did it correct and that Garou's profile is wrong.
Garou's profile is not only wrong, but it's wank. Very, very, bad wank at that. Like goddamn, I can't believe I even have to say this, but making shit up just to give him an ability he can't use normally (he very, very, explicitly can not), is not only wrong, I'd even wager it RVR worthy, obviously not saying you, but like in general that shit is not ok.
I don't appreciate you accusing my of wank and inflating profiles, and the fact that you're mentioning vs matches and wincons just makes it seem like you're saying this out of spite. I advise you get your priorities in order.
It is what it is. It is wank, it is inflation. It's indexing something that doesn't actually exist, pretending it does, and acting like that's A-OK and accurate when the whole point is to index things as detailed and informative as possible.
I have my priorities straight, it's the very reason I'm saying it, because that's damn well why it's a thing let's not pretend that isn't why half the people who agreed with that wanted it.
Me personally, I couldn't give less of a **** about Vs. Matches, which is precisely why I don't want this twisted parody of what actually happened on his profile. Actually INDEX it properly, don't make shit up.
Whether Garou learned it right before getting put down or not is completely irrelevant, as when we index abilities, it's supposed to incapsulate the individual's full capability in said key.
Uh no, it's supposed to index what they have, they can have shit yes, but you can't just ignore the caveats to said abilities, the situation in which they had them and used them, and so on. This is the type of shit you'd expect from a 2013 profile that just lists abilities without context.
Garou didn't die because he learned the ability. He died because he used his ability in a specific way.
No, he died because he tried teaching it to Saitama to begin with, and because he needed Saitama to figure out how exactly to do it in the first place, we have a situation where no matter how you go about, he's ******.
In literally any other context he'd be able to use it freely if he'd like.

That's a straight-up lie. Garou says himself he couldn't do it even with God's power, but he's telling Saitama how because he probably can.
Then he gets turned to salt and dies. He manages to in the end sure, but we're talking about a dude who can perfectly mimic any technique he sees, after he said "yeah uh I actually cant do it properly lmao". The implication is quite telling, and needless to say, outside help needs to be explained.

Last edited:
This is going to be my final post on this topic. If you want to reply back you can, but don't expect me to respond back.

First and foremost, accusing the opposing side of "RVR worthy wank" isn't a good look. Drop the toxicity.

Secondly, the ability Garou originally was unable to pull off the Time Travel, but after seeing Saitama, he was able to replicate him. Parallel Timeline Garou as a key would be him with all of his abilities, which would include the ability he gained right before dying. There is no need for a note saying that he would need to Saitama to be there of that he would need to be getting turned into salt, as at the end of the day, the ability became his due to him copying it.

Garou's Time Travel can and will remain on his profile until better proof on your end is brought up. Simply saying that he gained the ability moments before death is not enough.

First and foremost, accusing the opposing side of "RVR worthy wank" isn't a good look. Drop the toxicity.
It is what it is, and quite honestly don't really care how people think of me.
If you find me saying making shit up for the sake of a funny meme ability is toxic, then so be it.
Secondly, the ability Garou originally was unable to pull off the Time Travel, but after seeing Saitama, he was able to replicate him. Parallel Timeline Garou as a key would be him with all of his abilities, which would include the ability he gained right before dying. There is no need for a note saying that he would need to Saitama to be there of that he would need to be getting turned into salt, as at the end of the day, the ability became his due to him copying it.
The fact you actually agree with me on all this but don't want it detailed because of "we list it all at once so he can use it" while, by your own admission, that isn't something that's actually true and only by profile technicality is it allowed (which isn't an actual rule or standard btw, there is nowhere that says that's how profiles work) is all I need to say I'm in the right here.
You essentially just admitted to the things you said I'm accusing you of, which is making shit up and wank using technicality as an excuse.

Garou does not have Time Travel normally.
He needed to copy Saitama.
So he taught Saitama.
God said no, you're dying.
Garou begins dying and turning to salt.
Saitama then uses it (panel even says "in Saitama's case", confirming that yeah, he needed Saitama).
Garou dies.
In the end, only Garou's soul traveled back in time, before vanishing into nothing.

Which is to say, **** "dying", my dude was DEAD when he learned how.

There needs to be a note explaining that while he knows the principles behind it, he can not have it while in "peak condition", as that simply isn't possible without outside help like Saitama or a basis to mimic it, or, he can have it but he needs to be dying as him teaching it to Saitama (the reason he learned how to do it), caused God to kill him thus he only ever had access to the ability in a state he could not recover from and died moments later.
Garou's Time Travel can and will remain on his profile until better proof on your end is brought up. Simply saying that he gained the ability moments before death is not enough.
Yes it is? He gained the ability moments before dying, and moreover COULD NOT do it himself, but needed Saitama, yet the very act of having Saitama do it, is what caused him to die. Ergo, him having it and him dying are mutual, the former fact could NOT have occurred without the latter, pretending otherwise is just wank.

And what? You don't get to decide if it stays, consensus does.

Last edited:
Back