• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A consistent feat in the SMB franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only thing baby luma did was give him that Star Spin Move. IIRC it didn't boost his regular stats, especially not by orders of magnitude.

I know Mario can hurt Bowser with that technique but I don't think that ability nor the Baby Luma's powers are explicitly stat amplifiers or increase Mario's regular strength exponentially.

Well it kinda does. Without the baby luma's power he wouldn't be able to harm bowser whatsoever so that some sort of a boost if you ask me. But that my opinion

Well just because that happens to be the only attack available in the gameplay when fighting Bowser him doesn't mean within the story that technique explicitly amps Mario's power.

But if Dino or others think or can find good indication that this Spin Move is some strength amp that increases his power hundreds of millions to trillions of times, then sure.

No, it's not. The Star Spin is not a strength amplfier. It's merely a new move that grants Mario the ability to spin in order to attack. Nothing more. It has absolutely nothing to do with the reason of his victories against Bowser that took place in the SMG series, especially the second game where it can't be used on Bowser at all.

@DRB as for statement 1 It is kinda a strength boost as its able to break giant crystals around the game, and fight many enemies and bosses that are much bigger than him.

As for SMG2 i guess that makes sense. But as for SMG1 he was able to damage Bowser with the power of Baby luma's power

I don't think a game mechanic in which Mario struggles to perform Wall level feats should be used as an argument for him being amped to Galaxy level.

@NAMF That's rather poor logic, using the game's structure and mechanic as an excuse. Being able to break crystals and fighting enemies larger than him has nothing to with the Star Spin. Especially considering it's being happening since SM64. I'm sorry but discussion is rather redundant.

What you're indicating is that Mario would not have been able to perform Wall level feats if not for the Star Spin. This argument actually would do more to downgrade him than upgrade if we were actually to take it.

And like Dino said it's just "using the game's structure and mechanic as an excuse. Being able to break crystals and fighting enemies larger than him has nothing to with the Star Spin. Especially considering it's being happening since SM64."

@NAMF

But that's basically the argument you are using, saying only Mario is able to fighting enemies larger than him( Despite the fact it's been happening before and after SMG) and break crystals (A Wall level feat, which Mario achieved since SMB via breaking bricks) because of the Star Spin. The luma only gave Mario a new ability, not enhanced his strength. Why would it enable him to do something he's been capable of since SMW, other than Nintendo wanting to introduce a new game mechanic? As Ryu pointed out, you are unintentionally making him weaker as a result if we go by your logic. If there's nothing else to add, I'm done for the day.

@DRB

I noticed you said Toad should stay at low 7-B earlier in the thread, which is fine and all but the reasoning on his page is still that hes comparable to Mario and Luigi, I'd imagine someone would get confused if they see Toads small city level rating coming from scaling to the bros and then seeing that Mario and Luigi have ratings of large star to multi-solar system level

Im not making him weaker as i said it is what the star spin ability does. I know that he has done this before plus i never thought this was a argument in the first place so could we just add the the star spin ability to hia notable attacks then.

@Dust Collector

I stated that he's comparable to those characters in Super Mario World and posted the calc. for their castle punting feat. That should clear up the confusion.....

Not necessarily as these are power-ups, which the series is based around. It's more of an arsenal rather than a gimmick that only serves as a mean for frontal attack.

Oh yeah about marios power and abilities at the bottom his abilities are kooped up together and doesnt look neat may i suggest added where his ability comes from likw for instance:

His intangible comes from (vanish cap), transmutation (gold flower) Stat buff (battle cards) time manipulation (stop watch etc) size manipulation ( Mini, Mega mushrooms) earth manipulation (rock mario) metal manipulation (metal mario) etc.

Lastly, what about the feat where it was stated in the guidebook that bowser barely survived the complete destruction and reset of the universe. It could somewhat help with the consistency of mario's stats, and possibly help explain the battles he had with other universal entities, since that could mean that mario beats a potentially universal enemy on the daily basis, same with how before where mario was scaled to bowser when bowser survived the supernova. Although I MIGHT understand why not.

Perhaps we should close this thread, as it seems to be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back