• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A consistent feat in the SMB franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paleomario

MSS comes from Wiggler saying that there's multiple stars in the sky, with that specific world being created with the Power Stars

Where did the MSS rating for the Power Stars come from?

This:

In fact, Wiggler (more on him later), who lives in Tiny Huge Island (One of the worlds Bowser made), noted that he doesn't need the Power Star since he sees the stars at night.

Dust Collector said:
@Paleomario
MSS comes from Wiggler saying that there's multiple stars in the sky, with that specific world being created with the Power Stars
Oh, ok. thanks. Then I have no problem with this, except for mentioning Bowser's feat in Super Mario Galaxy.

@Palemario

1. I think Keyvn suggested it, pointing out that due to the fact Power Stars created a realm with mutiple stars. Considering Power Stars have a feat about that tier in SMG, it makes sense.

2. We really don't need to anymore. Now we have a more realiable and consistent feat instead than a questionable and controversal one, we can remove it and note he can take several hits from Mario as his durability.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
He didn't say Mario defeating bowser is PIS, he simply said Mario defeating a Galaxy level Grand Star powered Bowser was PIS.
^ This. Also it doesn't matter if there are other examples of PIS in the Mario games or the examples are more drastic cases. Someone being unamped and defeating a person who was on par with them and then had their power was increased by orders of magnitude is PIS.

And no personally I am not okay with "possibly higher (Capable of fighting Bowser being powered by different powerful artifacts and other beings)"

Mario being capable of fighting Bowser powered by the Grand Star artifact is PIS. And we don't consider PIS in our profiles. Maybe possibly higher for other reasons but not that.

How about this? We make Erza "At least High 7-A, possibly higher (Capable of fighting Irene)" We make Sonic "At least 4-A, possibly higher (Capable of fighting Egg Salamander)" And we make Kirby "At least 4-A, possibly higher (Capable of fighting Magolor)"

^ If nobody agrees we should do any of these things, there is literally no reason at all to agree with mentioning Mario's defeat of Grand Star Bowser in any way, shape or form.

I agree with Ryu wholeheartedly.

Also, people are ignoring what I said about Lina's recalc of Large Star+ per Power Star ;_;

The real cal howard said:
I agree with Ryu wholeheartedly.
Also, people are ignoring what I said about Lina's recalc of Large Star+ per Power Star ;_;
I know. It should be at least High 4-C, likely 4-A.

@Dino I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. I was just emphacizing why I'm opposed to the rating. I still heavily respect you and think you're among the most knowledgable staff members. I mean absolutely no personal ill to anyone simply for having a different opinion than me.

Anyways how about this "At least Large Star level+ (Capable of defeating people empowered by the Power Stars, which can create realms that contain at least a star and vast space around it. Along with producing this level of power and being stated by Rosalina to be stronger than Lumas that can transform into actual stars), likely Multi-Solar System level (Inhabitants of the realms created by the Power Stars claim to look at stars and constellations in the sky)

@Ryu

Don't worry about it, we are all cool. :) Thanks btw.

That rating seems fine but I prefer the word comparable, rather than stronger in the Rosalina part.

Very glad to hear that :3 No problem.

And sure thing. Also doesn't Dream Team have some other MSS feat as well?

@Ryu

Actually, there is. Dreamy Luigi (Luigi in the Dream World) can control and manipulate the Sun and constellations. In the final battle in the dream world, Antasma can also manipulate the dream world(Ocassionally turning it upside down). He also fights and ocassionally overpowers Dreamy Luig during the battle, consuming him to amp up his attacks against Mario. Despite this, Mario is still capable of tanking his attacks and hurting him with his jumps (He can no longer use Luiginary moves during this phase though)

@Paleomario

We have no need to make a seperate key for any game or series in the franchise for Mario. We have a reliable and consistent feat now.

@DRB Perhaps that can be added to the "likely 4-A" part then.

@Ryu

Seems logical but I think it would be excessive including so many explainations. How about this for the likely 4-A?:

(The realms created by the Power Stars is stated to contain mutiple stars in the sky and capable of fighting against Antasma, even when amped by Dreamy Luigi.)

Well the more justification the better. It solidifies the rating and people are less likely to call "outlier" or "inconsistency." But yeah abridging the description to make it easy to read/understand is good.

I think some info in Mario 64's insturction manual contridcts the idea of Bowser creating the worlds in the game.

In pages 4 and 5 of the boooklet the plot outline is given, it statesat one point--

"To help him accomplish this, he plans to convert the residents of the painting world into monsters as well. If nothing is done, all those monsters will soon begin to overflow from inside the painting.

"A plan this maniacal, this cunning...this must be the work of Bowser!" Princess Toadstool and Toad are missing, too. Bowser must have taken them and sealed them inside the painting. Unless Mario recovers the Power Stars immediately, the inhabitants of this world will become Bowser's army. "

If this is true, why would Bowser need to convert inhabitants of worlds HE created? Wouldnt and shouldnt they already be under his command?

Bowser having plans on transforming the residents inside a painting he turned into a separate world doesn't mean he still didn't create that world.

I don't even know how the second quote is supposed to debunk this. It's just saying that Bowser sealed them in the painting and that the Mushroom Kingdom will get taken over by him.

And it's not like other Tier 4 things don't exist as well with these feats as well. There are still the Tier 4 level statements from an extremely reliable source and a feat calced to be Large Star level+.

@Ryu

Good point. It always good to be informative as possible.

@AquaWafiu

I understand what you are trying to say but that doesn't really contradict anything. Most of the enemies Mario fought in 64 are already associated with Bowser and Wiggler is pretty much the best example of how the Power Stars can make one act against his/her will. Plus, the in-game dialouge more so supports it, rather than oppose it in the end and I don't see how inhabitant not being part of Bowser's army debunks the Tier 4 capabilities of the Power Stars.

Speaking of which, how about this:

Large Star level+ (Can beat enemies who are powered by Power Stars, and just one can give off this level of power), up to Solar System level with all Power Stars (Was powered by 151 of them at his peak). Likely Multi Solar System level (The realms created by the Power Stars is stated to contain mutiple stars in the sky and capable of fighting against Antasma, even when amped by Dreamy Luigi.)

I think the High 4-C and 4-B parts are sufficient enough. I prefer these profiles to be informative but easy to follow.

I'm not sure if it's in the High-End of this Tier though, but the variation from High 4-C to 4-B is over a thousand times. I think 4-B is unnecessary anyway, we should simply add 4-C to 4-A.

Not yet......first, we need Ant's permission before we can start editing Mario's page. (And everyone else scaled from him).

@AquaWaifu

He will share the tier since he's usually physically stronger than Mario and defeated a Dark version of himself.

@DRB Will anyone who's ever fought Mario get this "At least High 4-C, likely 4-A" rating or will the scaling standards be a bit more complicated?

Only those who proven to be comparable to him and have sufficient feats of their own to justify it.

I probably should of discussed this as well. Bowser, his son and dark counterpart, Yoshi, Luigi, Kamek, King Boo, Culex, and Peach have enough feats and/or statements to have the same rating Mario has.

Everyone else will just be At least High 4-C, while poor Toad will probably still be left behind since he's overall more incapable in combat in comparison to others. If there's a character you are curious about, please let me know while we wait for Ant's response.

Don't forget Wario. Actually, Wario, Yoshi, and Luigi should also have the 4-B tier due to them also being powered by 151 stars at their peak (Super Mario 64 DS). Likely Peach too since it took the Big Power Star/Grand Star to seal her, which is >>> normal Power Stars.

Also, since we're still on the subject, we should get rid of the low end for speed if we're getting rid of the low end for AP. Mario and co should be High 4-C and up with MFTL+ speed. Toad's still Low 7-B with MHS speed and Sub-Rel reactions.

I think we should stick the MSH with Sub Rel reactions. Very few characters were in the SMG series and MFTL Peach and Wario doesn't sound legitimate.

I mean, OBD has Peach at FTL via the feat we rank them as MFTL+ for (same calc, different interpretation). It's not like it's completely out of left field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back