• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
GoCommitDi said:
I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
GoCommitDi said:
Because Gumball just presses a button and kills Jotaro
Hate to be that guy but that's not in-character and not something he did with the remote
I mean, if he had it in his hand, he would eventually use it
Still extremely OOC, heck, when he BFRd Rob into The Void, he immediately felt regret about it and went in there to go save him
Wouldn't that be removed by SBA (Since he is willing to kill and doesn't care about saving them)

GoCommitDi said:
GoCommitDi said:
Because Gumball just presses a button and kills Jotaro
Hate to be that guy but that's not in-character and not something he did with the remote
I mean, if he had it in his hand, he would eventually use it
Still extremely OOC, heck, when he BFRd Rob into The Void, he immediately felt regret about it and went in there to go save him
The SBA rules state that the person is in character, but still willing to kill.

Gumball FRA

Willing to kill doesn't mean hey lets use this completely out of character thing that would never be used over any other option I have at my disposal while breaking everything said character does and doesn't do.

I mean how often do you see things like Jotaro using phasing to put someone's heart into their head because he's willing to kill in matches? Nobody says that because even if Jotaro is willing to kill that's never something he's gonna do unless bloodlusted.

Chariot190 said:
Willing to kill doesn't mean hey lets use this completely out of character thing that would never be used over any other option I have at my disposal while breaking everything said character does and doesn't do.
I mean how often do you see things like Jotaro using phasing to put someone's heart into their head because he's willing to kill in matches? Nobody says that because even if Jotaro is willing to kill that's never something he's gonna do unless bloodlusted.
"State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't."

Gumball resists time stop. If Jotaro time stops, Gumball won't be affected, and giving the distance between the two of them and the fact that Gumball prioritizes saving his own skin above everything else, he'll write in the notebook that Jotaro doesn't want to attack him anymore.

NormalPerson87, You dodged the point completely, is Gumball's usual battle strategy using the remote? That was rhetorical, it's clearly not. They can be willing to kill, they'll just emply and act how they usually do. Jotaro will beat someone to death with his fists instead of stopping time and phasing Star Platinum's fist into their head, Jotaro being willing to kill doesn't change how he usually acts or attacks, same goes for here.

Gumball is by all accounts someone who values staying alive over actually fighting. If he feels threatened, he will resort to whatever he has on hand to save his own life.

Yes. It's literally a Rohan situation. Can Jotaro hit Gumball before he writes "That guy can't hurt me" in the book? Considering Star Finger I'm sure Jotaro can, but it's not really his opening move.

Wait, so he has his luck helmet and his notebook?

How the actual **** is this remotely fair?

Match has been ended and added. I shall now close this.

Nono, hold up, my question wasn't answered. How is this fair? Someone said he resists Time Stop too?

Back