• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 2: Tsukasa Shishio vs Finn Bálor

Pikaman

He/Him
Rules:
  • Same rules as stated in the tournament.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Fighters start 5 meters away.
  • Base Finn will be used

shS0536l.jpg

Results:
Tsukasa:
Finn:
Inconclusive: 5 (@Adem_Warlock69 @CorbinMLG @RandomGuy2345 @Pikaman @DrGreyman)

Last edited:
let's start with what they have done
as said before, Tsukasa is stated multiple times to be a hand-to-hand Prodigy, beating up grown men when he was a kid and remaining undefeated for his entire UFC career. he has killed lions, sharks, alligators, and silverback gorillas, in one on one combat. most of those he killed in a single punch

He was able to deduce there was an attacker with a gun trained on his group just from 'the bloodlust in the air' and 'the smell of sulfur'

He was able to fight for nearly 2 minutes while his lung was fatally wounded.

he cut down a tree with one swing of a sharpened stone

he has killed lions, sharks, alligators, and silverback gorillas, in one on one combat. most of those he killed in a single punch
AP feat

He was able to deduce there was an attacker with a gun trained on his group just from 'the bloodlust in the air' and 'the smell of sulfur'
He knows he’s fighting Finn, so not relevant

AP feat, or just really good craftsmanship...? Maybe he should’ve gone into being a blacksmith instead of UFC lmao

Welp, a superficial look make me thing Tsukaksa seems better. He has a deadly weapon, is smarter and semmely has more stamina (endurance at least). WOuld like to known what are their level of Acrobatics, but Tsukasa seems to have more odds at winning.

let's start with what they have done
as stated before, Tsukasa is stated multiple times to be a hand-to-hand Prodigy, beating up grown men when he was a kid and remaining undefeated for his entire UFC career. he has killed lions, sharks, alligators, and silverback gorillas, in one on one combat. most of those he killed in a single punch
Finn can without a doubt, match this.

That just means where Finn is at all times. That won't matter much in a straight up 1v1, where there's basically no hiding spots.

He was able to fight for nearly 2 minutes while his lung was fatally wounded.
Impressive, but Finn can finish him off with a 1916 if it comes to a point where he's that wounded.

...That literally doesn't do much at all.

start listing feats my guy
With pleasure

[Taken from Finn Bálor vs Deathstroke, will add to if needed]
So let’s talk about what is often hugely overlooked about Bálor, his weight. He weighs in at around 190 lbs, but I’m sure you’re asking “hey, isn’t that a little light?” And you’d be absolutely right. You see, WWE had until recently another show, outside of the main roster, 205 Live. This was a show dedicated to wrestlers that are, well, 205 lbs and under. But why were they segregated like this? Well, it’s because, like most combat sports, WWE has weight classes to keep things fair. The general consensus is that most of the time, the < 205 lbs wrestlers are better amongst themselves, than inevitably getting squashed every week on Raw, Smackdown, or even NXT. However, there are exceptions, and Bálor is a prime example. I’m merely setting the context here that Bálor is punching above his weight class (literally) when he does all the amazing things he does in the main roster, which most of his weight couldn’t even reach.

So, let’s look at titles and other notable achievements. Ignoring the slew of titles and journalist awards Bálor has received before he rose to fame in WWE, he still holds a fearsome haul

- Inaugural WWE Universal Champion, beating Rusev, Kevin Owens, and Cesaro in a fatal four way match, before beating Roman Reigns the same night, and all of this just to get the chance to face (and beat) Seth Rollins (While Bálor did utilise the Demon for this title match, there is no evidence of a glaring gap in skill between them, and WWE officially attributes all of The Demon’s achievements to Bálor)

- Two Time WWE Intercontinental Champion

- WWE United States Champion

- 2 Time NXT Champion, holding the record for the longest combined title defence period in the history of WWE at 504 days as champ.

- NXT Male and Overall competitor of the year 2015

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 2015 Winner (w/ Samoa Joe)

- NXT Title #1 Contender Tournament Winner 2015

- Has faced off against the likes of Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Roman Reigns, and has pinned the latter two.

- Described officially by WWE as “one of the hottest WWE commodities in more than a decade”

And again, with all these achievements, considering his weight class, he certainly wasn’t doing it through power. No, it was skill. Skill is what has made Bálor, against all the odds imaginable, one of the best wrestlers in modern day WWE. And all of this is just a snapshot of his achievements, there’s slews of impressive wins, titles elsewhere than WWE, etc. etc.

I've found more skill feats from the WWE verse that makes them on par with Tsukasa. Jericho is without a doubt, the more skilled combatant now.
i've seen nothing on doctor stone so I know practically nothing about the series and i'm like baseline knowledge for WWE so I can't say much on the matchup

What if told y'all that Bálor is far more skilled than someone who uses mathematical formulas in their head to quickly analyze and defeat their opponents?

i just need to hold out until spinoirr gets here
I’m merely setting the context here that Bálor is punching above his weight class (literally) when he does all the amazing things he does in the main roster, which most of his weight couldn’t even reach.
tsukasa punches near or his weight class in a lot of his fights in the manga, and when he doesn't, he is fighting multiple people at once

- Inaugural WWE Universal Champion, beating Rusev, Kevin Owens, and Cesaro in a fatal four way match, before beating Roman Reigns the same night, and all of this just to get the chance to face (and beat) Seth Rollins (While Bálor did utilise the Demon for this title match, there is no evidence of a glaring gap in skill between them, and WWE officially attributes all of The Demon’s achievements to Bálor)

again, Tsukasa was unmatched in almost every way in the stone world and in the real world, including animals

• Two Time WWE Intercontinental Champion
  • WWE United States Champion
  • 2 Time NXT Champion, holding the record for the longest combined title defense period in the history of WWE at 504 days as champ.
  • NXT Male and Overall competitor of the year 2015
  • Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 2015 Winner (w/ Samoa Joe)
  • NXT Title #1 Contender Tournament Winner 2015

undefeated and became a celebrity in Highschool, most of his feats are from when he was 18

And again, with all these achievements, considering his weight class, he certainly wasn’t doing it through power. No, it was skill. Skill is what has made Bálor, against all the odds imaginable, one of the best wrestlers in modern day WWE. And all of this is just a snapshot of his achievements, there’s slews of impressive wins, titles elsewhere than WWE, etc. etc.
I will admit that Tsukasa relies on his strength a lot, but he isn't a slouch when it comes to skill or strategy,
despite looking like a musclehead he is very book-smart and has deduced Senku's plans multiple times. (senku is a supergenius that restarted civilisation when the stone world happened)

May sound like this mathematical dude is simple not as good as he make himself to be. Like, for much that one can predict movement, it still needs the dexterity and speed to catch with them.

Ok, let me write it in a different way, what does he did to counter the mathematical prediction?

I believe someone brough Finn fought and defeated someone with analytical prediction and now is used here to give Finn an edge in the fight.

Welp, a superficial look make me thing Tsukaksa seems better. He has a deadly weapon, is smarter and semmely has more stamina (endurance at least). WOuld like to known what are their level of Acrobatics, but Tsukasa seems to have more odds at winning.
Finn’s pretty acrobatic, he’ll miss the ropes a bit here, but he’s a very fluid and aggressive fighter who can move around his opponents to feint them into a blind spot, before pulling off a deadly combo, he has one of the more efficient and fluid movesets in all of WWE
tsukasa punches near or his weight class in a lot of his fights in the manga, and when he doesn't, he is fighting multiple people at once
Ok, lemme put this into context for you, the guys that green-lit this match

Usually don’t let people of Bálor’s weight class compete with the main roster because of safety concerns

undefeated and became a celebrity in Highschool, most of his feats are from when he was 18
Yeah, but there’s people in WWE who were successful in UFC that Finn has contested with, such as Brock Lesnar. You’re also not factoring in that by your own admission Tsukasa fights in a much tighter weight division, he picks on people his own size, and even then, he wins his matches more through power than skill from what I’m aware of

including animals
Beating Animals in an AP feat

Ok, let me write it in a different way, what does he did to counter the mathematical prediction?
Finn is far more skilled due to Axiom only fighting and defeating NXT level wrestlers, while Finn has defeated and fought on par with some of the best in the business.

So far, Axiom is undefeated in his wrestling career (4-0).

I believe someone brough Finn fought and defeated someone with analytical prediction and now is used here to give Finn an edge in the fight.
It's not Analytical Prediction. It is skill. Here's the link confirming that.

Well not someone he’s beat directly, but would be higher up the scaling chain to in terms of skill (Skill and AP usually progress hand and hand in WWE bar rare cases like Finn, who obviously has to rely more on the former than the latter)

I know Random is hyping that statement up but it could just be flowery language IMO, I prefer more solid stuff like this Judo Black Belt getting tossed around and ultimately beaten in just over a minute and a half

Back