• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 3: Shelly De Killer vs Hyoga

I feel like voting here is a bit premature, let’s talk smarts, mobility, weapons, etc. before jumping to voting off of skill alone

I feel like voting here is a bit premature, let’s talk smarts, mobility, weapons, etc. before jumping to voting off of skill alone
I feel like we have covered these points before, but i'll do it again
Hyoga is a good stratagist and knows how and when to pick his fights, vs when to back off
Hyoga is very mobile, leaping great distances and being able to compete with tsukasa and mozu, two people known for their fighting prowess (even if tsukasa is getting his ass handed to him in the other fight)
Hyoga only has his kan spear and his cloak, though that is all he needs, anything more would be dead weight.

Hyoga is a good stratagist and knows how and when to pick his fights, vs when to back off
You’ve criticised Shelly for backing off against a group of 4 armed mercenaries, one of those 4 being the only man in-verse who can match him, when he himself was unarmed, but suddenly choosing your battles is an admirable trait that makes Hyoga smarter than Shelly?

Hyoga is very mobile, leaping great distances and being able to compete with tsukasa and mozu, two people known for their fighting prowess (even if tsukasa is getting his ass handed to him in the other fight)
Cool, we haven’t heard a lot about Shelly in this department though

Hyoga only has his kan spear and his cloak, though that is all he needs, anything more would be dead weight.
Shelly has blades listed in his equipment, we’ve heard 0 about how he uses them iirc. Why don’t we discuss that? Especially since Hyoga isn’t even wearing a shirt to protect his body, never mind body armour or similar

You’ve criticised Shelly for backing off against a group of 4 armed mercenaries, one of those 4 being the only man in-verse who can match him, when he himself was unarmed, but suddenly choosing your battles is an admirable trait that makes Hyoga smarter than Shelly?
i didn't criticize that, i criticized him for picking a losing fight in the first place. he ended up getting overwhelmed and had to back off, Hyoga didn't start his fights until he knew he could win and even when forced to fight, he held off giving his all until the right time

De Killer is supposed to appear elusive and untouchable. He's had pursuers hot on his tail for God knows how long, yet they are simply unable to capture him.
One time he accurately and non-lethally shot a person in an area filled with people and escaped detection afterwards
Shelly only sustaining a handful of injuries in all his years of work can probably be attributed to his mobility

Shelly has access to various knives, guns, swords. He only used a combat knife on-screen tho
As for his fighting style, it's pretty cutthroat.
De Killer's been trained to be the most efficient, adept killer possible
He always aims for the throat and ends fights as quickly as possible (If it's his assassination target)
i didn't criticize that, i criticized him for picking a losing fight in the first place. he ended up getting overwhelmed and had to back off, Hyoga didn't start his fights until he knew he could win and even when forced to fight, he held off giving his all until the right tim
He didn't really pick the bodyguard fight Shelly still retreated before getting injured in the police fight tho
Shelly also can pressure point others into submission and has done so against armed men

De Killer is supposed to appear elusive and untouchable. He's had pursuers hot on his tail for God knows how long, yet they are simply unable to capture him.
One time he accurately and non-lethally shot a person in an area filled with people and escaped detection afterwards
Shelly only sustaining a handful of injuries in all his years of work can probably be attributed to his mobility
those are mostly showing his stealth. I admit they are impressive, but that doesn't matter in a wide open stadium

Shelly has access to various knives, guns, swords. He only used a combat knife on-screen tho
As for his fighting style, it's pretty cutthroat.
De Killer's been trained to be the most efficient, adept killer possible
He always aims for the throat and ends fights as quickly as possible (If it's his assassination target)
the guns are restricted and all those seem like very short-range weapons. again, he's gonna get hit more than hyoga over the battle

He didn't really pick the bodyguard fight Shelly still retreated before getting injured in the police fight tho
Shelly also can pressure point others into submission and has done so against armed men
he went up to the president and stabbed him, the answer is he didn't see them or didn't care, and neither is a good look.
and pressure points are going to be much less effective than any of his knives

Ok, while I think Adem makes some amazing points, I do think his supporting evidence for his argument seems to be more circumstantial than Greymans, and considering Shelly has a seemingly inferior arsenal and mobility feels more in Hyoga’s favour, I think at this point I will vote for him.

Also, I keep on forgetting I’m the OP of these threads lmao, will go back now and count all the votes

In terms of skill, both seem roughly even, though I'd probably give the slight edge to Shelly.

Shelly has the advantage in fighting style. Being an assassin is a overall better fighting style than what Hyoga has going on, as Shelly will try her best to finish the fight as quick as possible.

However, a portion of Shelly's feats rely on the circumstance/situation, where Hyoga's feats are just straight up combat feats. In order for Shelly to perform some of the stuff she does, she needs to be in a specific situation in order to do that, which severely limits her.

Plus, Hyoga has the overall better weaponry here. Knives and swords are cool and all, but Hyoga's weapon is far more beneficial here.

Overall, I think I'll vote Hyoga high diff. He just has more efficient ways of ending this battle.

Hyoga FRA

In terms of skill, both seem roughly even, though I'd probably give the slight edge to Shelly.

Shelly has the advantage in fighting style. Being an assassin is a overall better fighting style than what Hyoga has going on, as Shelly will try her best to finish the fight as quick as possible.

However, a portion of Shelly's feats rely on the circumstance/situation, where Hyoga's feats are just straight up combat feats. In order for Shelly to perform some of the stuff she does, she needs to be in a specific situation in order to do that, which severely limits her.

Plus, Hyoga has the overall better weaponry here. Knives and swords are cool and all, but Hyoga's weapon is far more beneficial here.

Overall, I think I'll vote Hyoga high diff. He just has more efficient ways of ending this battle.

Hyoga FRA
Counted, but Shelly’s a guy lmao

That brings the vote count to 5:0 for Hyoga

Back