• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 9: Austin Theory vs Mamoru Takamura

Pikaman

He/Him
Rules:

• Same rules as stated in the tournament.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Fighters start 5 meters away.
shS0536l.jpg

Results:

Austin:

Mamoru:

Inconclusive:

They are very similar in everything really but I think Takamura could win with Speed Hell and if pissed off enough use his rage power to get an stat gap

They are very similar in everything really but I think Takamura could win with Speed Hell and if pissed off enough use his rage power to get an stat gap
1. How does Speed Hell work?
2. How big Takamura's stat amp?
3. How skilled is Takamura?

I mean, how good is Takamura skill wise? Usually when facing WWE characters here that’s the first hurdle to jump

I mean, how good is Takamura skill wise? Usually when facing WWE characters here that’s the first hurdle to jump
I'd assume the gap between the two isn't that big though.

Theory does have to potentially worry about Takamura's amps, but Takamura has to worry about Theory's versatility and IR.

1. How does Speed Hell work?
2. How big Takamura's stat amp?
3. How skilled is Takamura?
1: Well basically he just creates afterimages with his speed to confuse his opponents and attacks incesantly
2: It's unknown but enough to give him an edge over comparable opponents he also gets access to his IR when enraged
3: Both him and Austin are genius fighters clearly but I would argue Takamura has more experience with a 14 year old long fighting carreer

2: It's unknown but enough to give him an edge over comparable opponents he also gets access to his IR when enraged
I did say that I would allow him on the condition he doesn’t get enraged against random opponents in character tbf, his AP and IR together would be nasty for the tournament

I did say that I would allow him on the condition he doesn’t get enraged against random opponents in character tbf, his AP and IR together would be nasty for the tournament
I mean I think in this case with both fighters in character Austin would really piss off Takamura

1: Well basically he just creates afterimages with his speed to confuse his opponents and attacks incesantly
Yeah, that's definitely something Theory hasn't dealt with before. He'll for sure struggle with this.

Also useful, but Theory has IR the whole time, while Takamura gets it from an amp.

3: Both him and Austin are genius fighters clearly but I would argue Takamura has more experience with a 14 year old long fighting carreer
I'll give Takamura the experience edge, but that doesn't mean much, as Theory with only 6 years of experience has defeated people with over 15 years of experience.

Yeah, that's definitely something Theory hasn't dealt with before. He'll for sure struggle with this.

Also useful, but Theory has IR the whole time, while Takamura gets it from an amp.

I'll give Takamura the experience edge, but that doesn't mean much, as Theory with only 6 years of experience has defeated people with over 15 years of experience.
I think the result depends on wheter or not Austin finishes the fight before letting Takamura get his rage power and just pummeling him with speed hell, and knowing how he is, well... 😭

Pika, is Takamura's rage amp ability allowed?
Well as long as it only activates against characters who take the piss out of their opponents I see no issue with it, this whole tournament was built to allow and facilitate very specific clashes of powers and personalities, so yeah

I think the result depends on wheter or not Austin finishes the fight before letting Takamura get his rage power and just pummeling him with speed hell, and knowing how he is, well... 😭
Imagine losing because you're too arrogant to finish the fight...

Anyways, I think Theory, despite his arrogance, can end the fight before Takamura gets enraged.

Keep in mind that Theory is the more versatile fighter, and he has 3 finishing moves that will finish the fight when hit.

It's not out of character for a wrestler to try and hit their finishing move off the bat, so Theory could potentially end it early.

I mean, he's still defeated people with just as much skill as Takamura despite of his arrogance.

It's not out of character for a wrestler to try and hit their finishing move off the bat, so Theory could potentially end it early.
Ehhhhhhh

It sometimes happens but usually requires special circumstances, very rarely would they do this normally

I mean, I'm not necessarily wrong...

Only few wrestlers rely on their Social Influencing constantly to get a win. Theory is not one of those guys.
Theory doesn’t rely on it, but it’s still there and he does use it, and since his whole style is riling opponents up, Mamoru getting pissed only incentives Theory to keep pushing, when in reality an angry Mamoru would be game over for him pretty much.

Theory’s greatest weapons get outweighed, countered, or equalised when Mamoru is enraged, he doesn’t stand much chance once that happens. The question is if he’ll finish the fight quick or dig his own grave. Could go either way tbh

Theory doesn’t rely on it, but it’s still there and he does use it, and since his whole style is riling opponents up, Mamoru getting pissed only incentives Theory to keep pushing, when in reality an angry Mamoru would be game over for him pretty much.
His whole style is not riling his opponents up lol. He definitely likes to taunt, but to say his whole style of fighting is to rile his opponents up is a bit of a stretch. Hell, babyfaces in wrestling taunt their opponents as well, yet I highly doubt their style is riling their opponents up. Taunting the opponent is just a common thing in wrestling. You can clearly tell when a wrestler is trying to rile their opponent up.

Theory’s greatest weapons get outweighed, countered, or equalised when Mamoru is enraged, he doesn’t stand much chance once that happens. The question is if he’ll finish the fight quick or dig his own grave. Could go either way tbh
True, but I 100% believe that he can finish the fight before it happens. Unless Theory's whole entire goal is to get Mamoru riled up, I highly doubt he's enraging him. I can definitely see Theory annoying Mamoru, but enraging? No.

His whole style is not riling his opponents up lol. He definitely likes to taunt, but to say his whole style of fighting is to rile his opponents up is a bit of a stretch. Hell, babyfaces in wrestling taunt their opponents as well, yet I highly doubt their style is riling their opponents up. Taunting the opponent is just a common thing in wrestling. You can clearly tell when a wrestler is trying to rile their opponent up.
I meant as in his style of Social Influencing is manipulating and riling opponents up

True, but I 100% believe that he can finish the fight before it happens. Unless Theory's whole entire goal is to get Mamoru riled up, I highly doubt he's enraging him. I can definitely see Theory annoying Mamoru, but enraging? No.
The whole point is if Theory sees Mamoru getting annoyed, he knows that’s a mental “weakness” he can exploit and can dig deeper into

How do the two compare at their bases? Theory seems to have a handy enough advantage there

I meant as in his style of Social Influencing is manipulating and riling opponents up
Fair.

The whole point is if Theory sees Mamoru getting annoyed, he knows that’s a mental “weakness” he can exploit and can dig deeper into
I mean, getting annoyed is a natural thing. Theory doesn't know anything about Mamoru, so to assume that he'll realize that Mamoru's "weakness" is that he can get enraged is something he wouldn't know at all if he realized Mamoru gets annoyed. Theory has no knowledge that Mamoru has a mental "weakness" he can exploit.

How do the two compare at their bases? Theory seems to have a handy enough advantage there
I'm inclined to believe that Theory takes it. Only hope for Mamoru is to get enraged, and we have no idea how long that'll take. I'll tell you one thing though: He won't be getting enraged quickly at all.

Back