• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 3: Shelly De Killer vs Hyoga

Pikaman

He/Him
Rules:
  • Same rules as stated in the tournament.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Fighters start 5 meters away.

shS0536l.jpg

Results:
Shelly De Killer: 0
[WINNER] Hyoga: 7 (@DrGreyman @CorbinMLG @Recon1511 @Pikaman @RandomGuy2345 @Adem_Warlock69 @TauanVictor)
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
so, I don't know much about shelly, I'll start with what Hyoga is known for
Hyoga is a master with his special kudayari spear, allowing him to get much more reach and flexibility with his weapon than usual.
He has fought multiple people with superior weapons at once and could match Mozu, (a spear prodigy) without his kudayari. after he got it he trounced Mozu

Kudayari: A special Kan-style boom that has its shaft pass through a hollow tube that allows the boom to be twisted as it pushes into the shape of a full moon as it spins, allowing uneven erratic attacks to increase or decrease its range. During his battle with Moz, his weapon is further upgraded by Senku using a hollow bamboo tube and a lubricant inside it, allowing Hyoga to defeat Moz due to the spear's unmatched speed and force.

I definitely think Hyoga looks superior at a glance, but will wait for Adem before passing any judgement

Shelly is a highly trained and intelligent killer being the third heir to a line of "professional assassins" known as "de Killer" and is one of, if not the, most skilled assassin in the world. He's known to anyone in law enforcement as the assassin who can complete any request without fail.

Shelly took down three officers trying to stop him from retrieving Engarde's tape without taking as much as a scratch and has stalemated Dogen, an assassin who had several years of killing and was so skilled he could assassinate people even when he is completely blind, with one arm in a bandage
When he was hired to assassinate President Di-Jun Huang, he easily overpowered most of his professional, presidential bodyguards despite being unarmed and was only stopped when Rooke, the leader of the guards, shot de Killer's left arm, which was no easy feat since "only a select few have ever been able to injure [him]."

Shelly has also kept out of police grip despite making a large kill count and having a site online for hiring him
He escaped the police closing in on his hideout with a hostage not once, but twice (The second time, police only found his location by use of a spirit medium, meaning he had no possible way to forsee it)
And easily entered and escaped from a circus tent that was surrounded by police officers.

Last edited:
in that same link, it says he hurt them, but he didn't get the tape, what do you mean?
When he was hired to assassinate President Di-Jun Huang, he easily overpowered most of his professional, presidential bodyguards despite being unarmed and was only stopped when Rooke, the leader of the guards, shot de Killer's left arm, which was no easy feat since "only a select few have ever been able to injure [him]."
were the bodyguards alerted to him being there beforehand? because in this fight there is no sneaking up on hyoga
and could the guards have kept him out of range? hyoga is very fast on his feet and with the range advantage idk if shelly could close the gap
Shelly has also kept out of police grip despite making a large kill count and having a site online for hiring him
He escaped the police closing in on his hideout with a hostage not once, but twice (The second time, police only found his location by use of a spirit medium, meaning he had no possible way to forsee it)
And easily entered and escaped from a circus tent that was surrounded by police officers.
all of this shows him being slippery, but not what he can do in a one-on-one fight in an open field

in that same link, it says he hurt them, but he didn't get the tape, what do you mean?
Shelly decided to retreat after being overwhelmed
were the bodyguards alerted to him being there beforehand? because in this fight there is no sneaking up on hyoga
and could the guards have kept him out of range? hyoga is very fast on his feet and with the range advantage idk if shelly could close the gap
Shelly didn't target the Bodyguards. And thanks to Rooke noticing him, the Bodyguards jumped him as soon as he managed to get close to the president
also we see him fighting them all at once
All the president's bodyguards had guns, so yeah
Shelly also has extended range with his blades

Shelly decided to retreat after being overwhelmed
so regular trained guards overwhelmed him? i admit there were a lot of them, but they should be much less skilled than Hyoga
Shelly didn't target the Bodyguards. And thanks to Rooke noticing him, the Bodyguards jumped him as soon as he managed to get close to the president
also we see him fighting them all at once

All the president's bodyguards had guns, so yeah
Shelly also has extended range with his blades
if they had guns, why didn't they use them other than rook?
shelly has his blades, but can he contend with an extendable spear?

so regular trained guards overwhelmed him? i admit there were a lot of them, but they should be much less skilled than Hyoga
I mean, he was outnumbered and they had guns
if they had guns, why didn't they use them other than rook?
shelly has his blades, but can he contend with an extendable spear?
I guess they were in a rush since Shelly was close to the president? Shelly does have experience dealing with armed foes tho

Also is it allowed to leave the arena?

Last edited:
what im seeing is that shelly is a good assassin, but can't hold his own in a straight fight. Hyoga has fought in a 3v1 situation multiple times, and come out on top almost every time. like the first video I showed you, or against Stanley's soldiers (which also had guns)

Shelly did stalemate Dogen with only one arm and would have won against the Bodyguards had Rooke not been there, so I wouldn't say he can't hold his own in a fight
The only character that was able injure Shelly in-verse was Rooke

Ok, how about this as a basic starting question

Put Hyoga in a similar situation to Shelly, in a room with 4 guys all with guns, does he get pumped full of lead y/n?

honestly? no
This is Stanley, the ex-military antagonist for the 'New America arch. he and his squad fought the science crew in the halls of the Perceus, a tight-quarters ship
(Hyoga had joined the good guys by this point) and while he wasn't alone, working with Mozu, he fought against the army squad armed with grenades and rifles, and yes he got hurt, but he did repel them

honestly? no
This is Stanley, the ex-military antagonist for the 'New America arch. he and his squad fought the science crew in the halls of the Perceus, a tight-quarters ship
(Hyoga had joined the good guys by this point) and while he wasn't alone, working with Mozu, he fought against the army squad armed with grenades and rifles, and yes he got hurt, but he did repel them
How many were in the army squad?

its unclear in the scean, but i count 5 seprate haircuts. tbf they take out a lot of others on the ship
So 5 mercs with assistance vs 4 guards, one of those being crazy skilled, with no assistance, both to similar results

I’d lean Shelly on that but it’s fairly negligible

So 5 mercs with assistance vs 4 guards, one of those being crazy skilled, with no assistance, both to similar results

I’d lean Shelly on that but it’s fairly negligible
but shelly snuck up on them, and i don't think that the guards were carrying fully automatic rifles or grenades.

Last edited:
The skill gap should be negligible
Shelly does have the experience advantage tho
though i think the mercs took more skill, i will give you that shelly has been doing this for longer, so lets say that they are equal for a second

if they are equal in strength and skill, hyoga should take this just because of his unpredictability and range. in the videos i showed you, his spearhead acts like a low-budget blender, and will mess shelly up if he gets anywhere close. and hyoga isn't a long-range only fighter, the can use his spear like a slashing sword of bo-staff for close quarters

Shelly has experience dealing with foes with far better range, so he'll most likely find a way around the range disadvantage sooner or later.
And while the blender spear is different from what he's usually faced, It'll be nothing out of the norm for Shelly since Ace Attorney swordsman like Asogi and Blackquill exist

Shelly has experience dealing with foes with far better range, so he'll most likely find a way around the range disadvantage sooner or later.
And while the blender spear is different from what he's usually faced, It'll be nothing out of the norm for Shelly since Ace Attorney swordsman like Asogi and Blackquill exist
he may find a way around the range eventually, but will he in time? Hyoga is very mobile and you haven't answered how fast shelly is, every video is a visual novel.
Hyoga is very opportunistic and is trained for 1v1 fights, while shelly is an assassin trained for killing/getting out and self-defense, not taking someone head-on. and while I doubt either could one-shot the other, I think that in a fight shelly will get hit more than Hyoga, and the jagged blade of the spear isn't going to be giving him speed to get away.

Shelly has far more direct combat feats than assassination feats tho
that doesn't change my other points
shelly does have multiple great feats, but almost every scenario you present ends with an asterisc of *he was overwhelmed and had to escape

also imma just put this here

Back