• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming he could copy it, possibly.

Or possibly not, as he'd need to be copying things like RC cells (and a lot of them), and just be creating them out of nowhere. And if he doesn't have enough RC cells, then his Kagune would be weaker.

In fact, copying RC cells without also copying the Kakuhou to manage them would result in him getting ROS. Hence why I find it unlikely he can copy them, as he's never grown himself an entirely new organ.

Anyway, even if he can copy the Kagune, at that point it just comes down to experience, and Kaneki's experience in fighting other ghouls is greater than John's.

Ah, no arguments here. Looks like Ken's likely going to get to the next set of rounds.

See the difference between copying meli's claws and copying Kaneki's ghoul powers, is that Meli's power is "to get claws".

Kaneki doesn't have a power like that those. His Kagune, his Regenerationn, all of that comes from his biology, not from a power that lets him gain that biology

Unless John can copy aspects of someone's natural biology, I find it unlikely he could copy Kaneki's Kagune and kakuhou

Monarch Laciel said:
Kaneki doesn't have a power like that those. His Kagune, his Regenerationn, all of that comes from his biology, not from a power that lets him gain that biology
I was still a bit confused, but that cleared things up. Well put.

John - 0

Ken - 6 (Monarch, Mand, Spino, Chartate, Apies, Nico)

That's 7 for Ken, unanimous. I'll add this to their profiles and post the next round tomorrow morning.

How can John bypass Ken's regen? Like, he can't kill him.

This seems pretty stompy to me personally.

John cant counter his regen at all. Ken just auto-wins.

If no admins think this is a stomp, then I guess Ken FRA.

Kaneki's mid regen isn't combat applicable.

The only time he regenerates from something like it, he took a few days to heal, lost his memories, and spent a few weeks screaming his head off and clawing his own eyes out.

Low Mid is combat applicable, so John can still destroy or otherwise significantly damage his brain to win.

Aaaand Ken wins decisively.

But shouldn't we have his profile add the "Low-Mid combat-applicable regen"? I think many profiles lack that difference between healing factor and Regenerationn capacity. (How fast you heal at each level vs how fast you heal overall)

Maybe I'll offer an argument for John.

Firstly, we actually don't know how the abilities in Unordinary function, though we can assume they have some biological basis since Seraphina's family all seem to share the same ability. It's also unsure of how John copies abilities other than needing to see them (which still isn't 100% confirmed either, just heavily implied), so we really can't say what he can or cannot copy at this point.

I'm not sure why John would have so much less experience than Ken when at his old school he literally spent his life there fightning with his abilities. And at Welston, he frequently fights the students there without the use of his powers, and manages to not die on a daily basis, even if at times he is heavily injured.

It would also do well to not forget the fact that he has access to Arlo's barrier, which include the ability of attack reflection, such that he could literally trap Kaneki and his kagune within a barrier that would likely hurt him should he strike it too hard.

Honestly, the only difference between them is the regen. As it's still rather uncertain as to whether or not John can copy it. If he can, John should take it by diversity of abilities, as well as comparable experience and being rather bloodlusted when fighting in character. If not then I'd argue inconclusive, for John has experience specifically fighting those without using his own abilities, so while using his abilities it would be quite a different story, as he can inflict lethal damage rather than having to constantly outthink his opponents, which he tends to do regardless.

Chartate101 said:
its already over my dude
Its called Grace....

Last I checked, it is now on because of Teon.

Although to be fair, he did convince me.

I guess inconclusive FRA.

Also, John does have AP advantage.

He is just barely under small building level.

Edit: Actually, John can maybe one shot.

What is the value for Ken's AP? John is Wall Level+

Ken is just Wall Level.

Well shoot. I think it's still descisive in the votes right now, but I'll let some more discourse come through, especially since many of the earlier votes apparently didn't recognize that Ken's stamina and regen aren't exactly combat applicable.

Edit: Actually, John can maybe one shot.

What is the value for Ken's AP? John is Wall Level+

Ken is just Wall Level.

Ken's Kagune has a higher AP than John's abilities. It's on the border between Building and small building from what I recall.

...yeah, I'm voting for John due to his copy abilities and advantages of AP and intellect/skill/stuff

Dargoo Faust said:
Ken's Kagune has a higher AP than John's abilities. It's on the border between Building and small building from what I recall.
This is 9-B john, you stated it in the OP.

and if it was on the border, it would probably be Small Building Level+

Which is isnt.

Also, Johns power mimicry is stronger then the original copied powers.

I guess John FRA if its still 9-B.

If he only has Low-Mid regen, he just punches Ken once and he is splattered into a few dozen pieces, then proceeds to smash his head in.

If its 9-A... John could still maybe win since he can probably copy his regen null from the Kagune considering it is still a 'physical' power.

@Kinkiest

No. "TG Ken, and Unleashed John."

I changed the conditions as the thread got comments as it was starting to look like a stomp in Ken's favor.

Vote Count:

John - 5 (Chartate, Mand, RR, Litentric, Kinkiest)

Ken - 5 (Overlord, Nico, Apies, Monarch, Spino)

Dargoo Faust said:
@Kinkiest
No. "TG Ken, and Unleashed John."

I changed the conditions as the thread got comments as it was starting to look like a stomp in Ken's favor.
Then it isnt a 9-B bracket now is it? LOL

But tbf, if I really wanted to wank John.

I can multiply Gou's feat 8 times considering that is how many in the class he soloed by himself.

He should still take it via regen null, likely higher ap via power mimicry and versatility.

Technically they're still 9-B physically, but eh. It just happened that both had 9-A keys that let me keep this from being a stomp.

Dargoo Faust said:
Technically they're still 9-B physically, but eh. It just happened that both had 9-A keys that let me keep this from being a stomp.
True.

You win this round...lawyer man ovo

First VS Battles threads, then... The World!

*generic evil laugh*

(EDIT: Also, in the case of an Incon, I might do a joke thread/obstacles course to determine who goes to the next round)

Dargoo Faust said:
@RR

Yes, they are still 9-B physically.

Legit, I would rather let both use 9-A abilities for one round than waste everyone's time by closing the thread and finding a new opponent, which would likely just cause people to lose intrest and for me to waste the Afternoon I spent setting up the brackets.

Also, need three new votes on either side or existing votes to switch for us to go back into the grace period.

It's 5-5 right now. I'm not sure, but I believe for incon it needs to be 7-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back