• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
A81542d231560e4935ecc5fbf20bbbb5
First Round of the 9-B Brackets begins! Our first contestants are John Doe, and Ken Kaneki.

TG Ken, and Unleashed John. Speed is equalized, John has access to all his powers sans invulnerability. I may edit these rules if there is a stomp.

John - 2 (Chartate, RR)

Ken - 8 (Overlord, Nico, Apies, Monarch, Spino, Kinkiest, Litentric, Mand)

Incon -

UnOrdinary John Doe
Ken

I think that John can copy the Regenerationn and the Regenerationn Negation

But Kaneki has higher stamina and can control better his powers, so Kaneki

I should note that John is only passive when not in a fight. In character in a fight while his powers are active, he is highly aggressive and will actively use Power Mimicry which happens on sight.

Considering John also improves on the abilities he copies rather quickly, I'd suggest some of the Ken votes reconsider their verdict.

We haven't seen him copy the Regenerationn power yet. We've only seen offensive and defensive abilities.

Ah, if that makes it unfair, I'll give Ken his Kagune.

(EDIT): Alright, apologies on that. Gonna need the previous voters to clarify if their votes are the same now given the new rules.

I'm not even sure if John can copy something like a ghoul's physical attributes.

Like that would be like John copying the attributes of a bear so he's kinda screwed

Nico-v11 said:
I'm not even sure if John can copy something like a ghoul's physical attributes.
Like that would be like John copying the attributes of a bear so he's kinda screwed
I mean, it isn't outlandish for him to copy the ability to generate the regen negating poison, also Verse Equalization.

Yeah but it's a little out there to say that he can physically change his body. We've seen him use abilities where they are outside forces of his body so it's a bit much to say otherwise.

I mean, John has copied an ability that allowed him to morph his hands into claws, so it's not that level of outlandish. Though copying physical traits like speed or strength is likely a bit different.

I personally think it would be more fair to give John the abilities he's copied thus far, as he can't copy Ken's regen. Though he does improve on the abilities he obtains.

Regenerationn is a defensive power though, but letting john start with one or two abilities would probably be best. Don't need to give him invulnerability or anything like that, just a little something to even things out a bit.

I might give John all his abilities sans Invulnerability. Does that sound good?

That seems like it should be fine. Not sure who I'd vote for with that though.

Alright, John has all his powers sans invulnerability now. Old votes, please either comfirm your old verdict or revise a new one.

Also, if I have to make more revisions after this I'll just find another opponent to keep things from just petering out.

Kaneki Ken for the reasons previously stated, even more so if he has range advantage from Kagune. Also, even without speed equalization this shouldn't be necessarily a stomp since Kaneki has subsonic speed against John's superhuman.

Although Kaneki should win even with all the equalizations and little handicaps.

I doubt John can copy a ghoul's physical attributes (claws =/= entirely new organs and cell structures), and unless John's calc puts him at a hair's breath away from building level, Ken probably has the AP advantage with his Kagune.

Plus Kaneki can regenerate through Kagune secretion poisons, so even if John did copy that it would only slow Kaneki's regen down somewhat, it wouldn't stop it.

Monarch Laciel said:
I doubt John can copy a ghoul's physical attributes (claws =/= entirely new organs and cell structures), and unless John's calc puts him at a hair's breath away from building level, Ken probably has the AP advantage with his Kagune.
Plus Kaneki can regenerate through Kagune secretion poisons, so even if John did copy that it would only slow Kaneki's regen down somewhat, it wouldn't stop it.
If anything, John could replicate the strength of the Kagune ("he gains stats proportional to the ability, such as Arlo's here & Meli's and Ventus' abilities).

John - 0

Ken - 4 (Monarch, Mand, Spino, Chartate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back