• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C My Hero Academia

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
So currently, the majority of My Hero Academia profiles are scaled to Yo Shindo's earthquake causing feat, since he is able to tank the aftershock of his own earthquakes but had to be rescued from being flash fried by Todoroki's and Yoarashi's clash.

But the feat was recently recalced, coming out at 8-C.

So all of the MHA profiles with direct combat Quirks like Izuku Midoriya, Katsuki Bakugou, and Shouto Todoroki (as well as characters like Stai who have fought them) should be scaled to them.

Thoughts?

How many revisions is poor Midoriya gonna have?

I don't see why the majority of profiles would scale to Yo Shindo... He's a second-year student that hasn't been compared to many of the other characters. His own attacks are explicitely more powerful and destructive than most other students Quirks.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but I am only a casual reader of MHA.

@Damage

The point is that Yo can withstand the vibrations produced by his own Quirk without hurting himself.

But he would have been flash fried as an afterthought of the clash between Todoroki and Yoarashi had Izuku not saved him.

The aftershocks are stated to paralyze him if his Quakes are strong enough, so he can't fully withstand them and I seriously doubt he can could withstand a full attack from his own Quirk if the aftershocks alone are enough to paralyze him.

Yes, and Yo was able to use his quirk even after Gang Orca paralyzed him, yet Deku had to save him from Todoroki's flames.

Also, even if he is a second-year student, that doesn't means he is stronger than everyone in Class A. I'm going to start the upgrades.

Of course it doesn't mean he's stronger than everyone in Class A but I don't see what your point is? Deku saved him from Todroki's flames? Why wouldn't he? Even if he thought Yo could tank them, he'd still save him because that's what Deku is like.

Well that's true, but I doubt he can take Todoroki's flames.

The only problem I have with this is that I don't think Deku 5% is far more stronger than Deku without OFA.

Being leagues above in the physical tests can just refer to his strength which is still not necessarily 8-C. And why would Shinso be stronger than Mei?

And you shouldn't read too much into that explosion feat; it's basically a gag feat judging by Deku's reaction. And there's no telling how close Mei was to the explosion or not. Plus the only damage we can see as a result of the explosion are the doors being destroyed. No other damage to the room.

Mei was directly behind the door, and being a "gag feat" is just your head cannon.

Mei should be weaker than Shinso since she is from the support department.

Is there really any need to declare it as 'head canon'? Of course it's my interpretation of the manga; I'm just saying that taking it seriously to try and get higher stats for characters is disingenous.

Shinso is from the genral department. Why would someone from the general department be much higher than the support department?

Okay, but saying that the feat is not legit is stupid.

Because the people in the support department are so weak that the teachers allow them to use items and devices in the tournament.

Also, you haven't explained how Deku without OFA is thousands of times weaker than Deku 5%.

> Because the people in the support department are so weak that the teachers allow them to use items and devices in the tournament.

Anyone can use support items and devices in the tournament if they fill in the permission forms; like Aoyama did.

Nobody is saying Deku without OFA is thousands of times weaker. And guess what; characters in fiction always get thousands of times stronger for stupid things. Luffy got tens of thousands of times stronger over the pre-Timeskip series with doing practically no training until the timeskip itself.

EDIT: Using Full Cowl, Deku was just barely able to lift up a large steel beam. He doesn't need to be thousands of times stronger to lift up that beam.

Aoyama needs that device to use his quirk, and he is very weak.

Yeah, for example Gohan becomes quadrillions of times stronger with two days of training.

Deku lifted that large steel beam with one hand, but anyway, Deku without OFA should be 8-C scaling from Gang Orca's henchmen.

Gang Orca's henchman have no solid feats. I don't buy that explosion because there is ultimately no proof they were hit by it.

That proof isn't sufficient to me. The wall they're behind isn't necessarily the wall that exploded, and neither Gang Orca or his subordinates have any visual evidence on them that they were in an explosion.

It makes literally no sense from a story perspective to let themselves be caught in a pre-planned explosion.

The first panel shows them exactly behind the wall, you can see the wall on the outside and inside.

Also, if they were not caught by the explosion, where is the wall they were behind before the explosion?

Anywhere else off-panel? An explosion happened, and a wall was destroyed. That's all we see. We don't see them getting caught in the blast and we don't see the effects of the blast on them.

Assuming they were hit by the explosion is just trying to raise their stats deliberately. I think you need a more solid basis for an upgrade than that.

You are creating a nonexistent wall to explain where they are.

It's not nonexistent. I'm just saying that just because they're facing a wall at some point, and then a wall explodes (quite possibly the same wall) later on, and we don't see them directly next to it when the explosion goes off, isn't proof that they have Building+ durability.

It's a ridiculous stretch.

You can't even say they took a huge amount of the explosion or a tiny bit of it. There is no basis for Building level durability.

They are already Building+, anyway Deku without OFA should be 8-C, I remember that somewhere it says that Full Cowl slightly improves his strength.

I doubt Deku without OFA could punch his way through a wooden fence... He has no feats on base level to rate him as 8-C.

Deku is stated to be stronger than someone who can hurt him.

A meaningless statement if you realize base Deku's durability is not building level. Or that getting a bruise/scuff mark doesn't reasonably count as damage.

Using One for All must increase durability on some capacity; unless you think weakened, skinny All Might has small city level durability without using his muscle form?

Deku breaks his bones using One For All 100% precisely because his body doesn't have enough durability.

Skinny All Might wasn't his true form until he got the injury in the stomach because of All For One.

Yes; he doesn't have enough durability. That doesn't mean his durability doesn't increase a bit with his use of his Quirk. It just means whatever increase he gets is absolutely nowhere near enough to compensate for 100%.

Back