• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: Half-Cold & Explosion Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
We have two new calculations that call for some upgrades. Let's hope this can be discussed smoothly and without any issues.

Shoto's Half Cold Power: 2499845105 Metric Tons (Class T), Mach 9.15 (Hypersonic), 575.268 Kilotons of TNT (Large Town level+),

The Lifting Strength and AP value there doesn't scale to a lot of people. Shoto very rarely uses his ice in this manner and only a hand few would be affected by this.

But his Ice speed might scale to that Hypersonic value. And those who scale higher like 5% Izuku and Recipro Burst Iida would upscale to baseline Hypersonic+, due to how close Mach 9.15 is to that value. This is assuming Shoto's ice even scales to this speed in the first place, which I'm not sold on at all. But figured I mention it.

I also believe we should drop Endeavor Agency Arc Shoto scaling to Endeavor with his Flashfire Fist. The reason for this scaling comes from All Might's statement here, who stated Joint Training Arc Shoto was unleashing Endeavor level fire power.

The issue is that Shoto wasn't using any fire with impact, he was just radiating large amounts of heat as shown with Tetsutetsu who was taking this power head on. Meaning All Might can't be talking about the raw force Shoto can unleash, but the sheer heat he was unleashing. So his flames are just as hot as Endeavor's at the most.

Ignoring the fact All Might can't sense or tell how hot Shoto's flames from watching a screen, which makes this statement really weird.

To further sell this point, Shoto later states that he's not on Endeavor's level when discussing Flashfire Fist. So yeah, he shouldn't be scaling to Endeavor in that key.

Sandbox, for all the characters who's profile this will change based on the Attack Potency and Lifting Strength of Shoto's Ice.

No one scales to Chimera besides Kirishima's durability. Anyone else was taken out in one hit and that is not grounds for scaling.

Agree: TheRustyOne, Excel616, Kingofwolves999, V999, SuperStar, Kaio1277999, MintyBoi1, ShigarakiShimura, Damage3245 (Is alright with removing Shoto's scaling to Endeavor in his Agency Key), Grand_Astartes, Metalballrun, Danny33wise, DemonGodMitchAubin, Dalesean027, KingTempest, (15)

Disagree: (0)

Neutral: (0)

Dynamight's Strongest Explosion: 140.74 Kilotons of TNT (Large Town level)

Now this one also doesn't scale to a lot of people, despite what you might think. There is something I need to clear up, since right now this would scale to a lot of people. But there is some current scaling that I believe is incorrect and needs to be looked at again.

Currently, Sugar Rush Sato scales to this level for being able to break Bakugo's gauntlet. Which can unleash his strongest explosions. However, I don't believe this logic tracks. Bakugo's Gauntlets are meant to let out his full power blast without any draw backs, however I don't think their durability would scale to this value.

First: Bakugo's gauntlets aren't meant to completely contain the full power of these blast, they're meant to release them once detonated. Meaning at no point do these gauntlets actually take the full force of his blast. It's very possible if you plug the holes on them and detonated his sweat they'd shatter from the explosive force.

If they did withstand the full explosive force that'd mean his explosion wouldn't come out. And it'd be weird if they only let out a fraction of the explosion power they hold since Bakugo does this to maximize his explosive power. I don't believe his gauntlets should have durability compared to his strongest blast.

Second: It's also possible the inside and outside of his gauntlets have different durability. The explosions are meant to go off inside of the gauntlet, they aren't meant to withstand explosions on the outside. Meaning it's possibly their ability to withstand force on the outside isn't comparable to the inside.

Something that I think supports this is that fact that Bakugo's explosions can destroy his own gauntlets. Which would be very weird if they're meant to handle his strongest explosions without breaking. Since this would mean Bakugo can make explosions stronger than his strongest explosions?

I know Plus Ultra is a thing here but this is quite a hard pill to swallow, especially since Bakugo tanked this blast himself. Which means he'd scale to his strongest explosions and his strongest explosions would scale above... his strongest explosions. Do you see the issue here?

Considering these two points, I believe any scaling of Bakugo's strongest explosions to his gauntlets should be dropped.

Note: Since Bakugo's gauntlets can withstand his own strikes, they'd still have 8-A+ durability and will be a feat for Sato's AP.

Sandbox, for all the affected characters who's profiles this will change.

Mummy doesn't scale to Bakugo's blast since it knocked him out in one hit. We don't scale people to something that one shots them.

Joint Training Arc Kirishima is more durable than when he fought Rappa, that's why Rappa's profile is worded that way and why he isn't High 7-C+.

However, there is one person's scaling I should explain in more detail.

Nighteye one shotted a clone of Rappa that is just as strong and durable as Rappa. Defeating a clone means he needed to deal damage equivalent to breaking the arm of that clone. The reason I say he scales is because Twice's clones are not less durable than the original like one would think.

Twice's Doubles are not less durable than the original clones. While under the effect of a Quirk that forces him to tell the truth, Twice says this line.

"Only difference from the original is endurance!"

Twice's states the only difference from the original is their endurance, also we even see that clones of Twice are comparable to Twice in terms of durability. Twice's clones, despite being clones of clones, can still harm Skeptic's dolls. Skeptic's dolls are strong enough to harm the original Twice with their strikes.

If Twice's clones weren't comparable to himself in durability they'd hurt himself with their own attacks. We already know that AP/Striking Strength are not affected as well. If the clones continued to get less durable as time went on they'd destroy themselves with their own attacks.

However, this is clearly not the case as Twice's clones can overrun the Meta Liberation Army and continue to grow without worry. At a certain point Twice's clones would be so weak in terms of durability that moving around would destroy them. They'd stop being a threat to anyone, which we visually see this is not the case.

Toga's clones would be worthless and should even be crushed under their own weight. We also see some random doubles of Twice get sent flying by Machia. They should be ripped in half by Machia here if they were less durable than Twice, since these doubles at this point are in the thousands.

The only difference with Twice's clones is their endurance, meaning how much damage a clone can take before disappearing. Even if there was a durability difference, clones of clones are still capable of throwing out attacks without harming themselves with the recoil of their attack.

Rappa's clone is a single double, not a double of a double, meaning it's a clone with the most endurance. If clones of clones can withstand their own strikes without harming themselves, that means the Rappa clone should be capable of withstanding its own strikes and is still High 7-C.

Nighteye should scale to Rappa's rating of High 7-C. I will make it clear that no one else scales to Nighteye except for Chisaki's Spikes, which are already Low 7-B. Chisaki's durability does not scale to Nighteye since he broke his arm and put a hole in it with a single attack. That's not grounds for any scaling.

Getting your arm broken in one shot doesn't mean your durability scale to the person who broke your arm.

Also, this only scaling to Sir Nighteye's Throwing AP which is Lifting Strength and not Striking Strength.

Agree: TheRustyOne, Excel616, Kingofwolves999, V999, SuperStar, Kaio1277999, MintyBoi1, ShigarakiShimura, Damage3245 (Is alright with removing Bakugo's gauntlet durability scaling to his strongest explosions), Grand_Astartes, Metalballrun, Danny33wise, DemonGodMitchAubin, Dalesean027, KingTempest, (15)

Neutral: Kingofwolves999 (Gauntlet Scaling), (1)

Sandbox, of how all of this will change the Verse Page.

Last edited:
The Lifting Strength and AP value there doesn't scale to a lot of people. Shoto very rarely uses his ice in this manner and only a hand few would be affected by this. But his Ice scales to a good number of people who are currently Supersonic+, which means they should be Hypersonic now.
Just because the beams are travelling that fast (or at least one of the beams) doesn't necessarily mean that the ice is that fast. It's not as though the ice started from behind the beam and caught up to them; it was a blast of ice that came from the side more or less and froze them in place. The ice wouldn't necessarily have to be travelling at Mach 9.15 in order to hit the beams.

Ok with not using the speed part.

Neutral on gauntlet scaling.

Agree with everything else.

For Rappa, why would he not be High 7-C+? Wasn’t the statement from Kirishima pre-Joint Training, right before the cultural festival? So his durability shouldn’t be any different?

Just because the beams are travelling that fast (or at least one of the beams) doesn't necessarily mean that the ice is that fast. It's not as though the ice started from behind the beam and caught up to them; it was a blast of ice that came from the side more or less and froze them in place. The ice wouldn't necessarily have to be travelling at Mach 9.15 in order to hit the beams.
We can clearly see in the movie that the beams moved very little distance before shoto froze them, and shoto was further way. So shotos ice moved a bigger distance on the same timeframe it took the beams to move. So his ice would upscale from the beams. Also, if shotos ice were significantly slower, the beams would continue moving forward as the front was being frozen and break the ice on the front due to the speed differences. If the ice was significantly slower, as the front part of the beam was being frozen, the back would still be moving at the same speed and it would break the ice, or at least continue going forward for much longer than it did. But shoto stopped the beams immediately dead at its tracks with his ice.

I don't think there's any way of telling that the beams only moved a little distance because the 'camera' was following the beams as they moved in that scene due to the background changing. And since the ice was coming in from the side, it's pretty clear that the ice was stopping the beams by hitting it dead on and countering its kinetic energy with its own, but by coating it and freezing it in place which stopped them moving. Can probably put that down to anime physics in action since it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in either scenario.

Bump.

TLDR: Two calculations call for some upgrades, along with some scaling changes.

Shoto's Half-Cold Attack Potency: 2499845105 Metric Tons (Class T) and 575.268 Kilotons of TNT (Large Town level+)

Sandbox for those that are affected by this.

Bakugo's Strongest Explosion Attack Potency: 140.74 Kilotons of TNT (Large Town level)

We'll remove Shoto's scaling to Endeavor with Flashfire Fist in his Endeavor Agency Arc Key, as Shoto himself admit he's not on his father's level when asked. This does not effect his Final War Key, which will remain unchanged by anything here.

We'll stop scaling Bakugo's gauntlets' durability to his strongest explosions, since the feats don't suggest they can withstand his strongest blast.

And we're also scaling Sir Nighteye to Kendo Rappa for defeating his Twice Double, as there's proof that shows Twice's Doubles are comparable to the original.

More detailed explanations on those scaling changes can be found in the OP.

Last edited:
We'll remove Shoto's scaling to Endeavor with Flashfire Fist during the Endeavor Agency Arc, as Shoto himself admit he's not on his father's level when asked.

We'll stop scaling Bakugo's gauntlets' durability to his strongest explosions, since the feats don't suggest they can withstand his strongest blast.
Seems fine to me.

And we're also scaling Sir Nighteye to Kendo Rappa for defeating his Twice Double, as there's proof that shows Twice's Doubles are comparable to the original.
May be fine with this but I want to go back over the manga a bit more myself before I commit myself to a vote on this part.

Bump.

TLDR: Two calculations call for some upgrades, along with some scaling changes.

Shoto's Half-Cold Attack Potency: 2499845105 Metric Tons (Class T) and 575.268 Kilotons of TNT (Large Town level+)

Bakugo's Strongest Explosion Attack Potency: 140.74 Kilotons of TNT (Large Town level)

We'll remove Shoto's scaling to Endeavor with Flashfire Fist during the Endeavor Agency Arc, as Shoto himself admit he's not on his father's level when asked.

More detailed explanations on those scaling changes can be found in the OP.
Agree fs

We have two new calculations that call for some upgrades. Let's hope this can be discussed smoothly and without any issues.

Shoto's Half Cold Power: 2499845105 Metric Tons (Class T), Mach 9.15 (Hypersonic), 575.268 Kilotons of TNT (Large Town level+),

The Lifting Strength and AP value there doesn't scale to a lot of people. Shoto very rarely uses his ice in this manner and only a hand few would be affected by this.

But his Ice speed might scale to that Hypersonic value. And those who scale higher like 5% Izuku and Recipro Burst Iida would upscale to baseline Hypersonic+, due to how close Mach 9.15 is to that value. This is assuming Shoto's ice even scales to this speed in the first place, which I'm not sold on at all. But figured I mention it.

I also believe we should drop Endeavor Agency Arc Shoto scaling to Endeavor with his Flashfire Fist. The reason for this scaling comes from All Might's statement here, who stated Joint Training Arc Shoto was unleashing Endeavor level fire power.

The issue is that Shoto wasn't using any fire with impact, he was just radiating large amounts of heat as shown with Tetsutetsu who was taking this power head on. Meaning All Might can't be talking about the raw force Shoto can unleash, but the sheer heat he was unleashing. So his flames are just as hot as Endeavor's at the most.

Ignoring the fact All Might can't sense or tell how hot Shoto's flames from watching a screen, which makes this statement really weird.

To further sell this point, Shoto later states that he's not on Endeavor's level when discussing Flashfire Fist. So yeah, he shouldn't be scaling to Endeavor in that key.

Sandbox, for all the characters who's profile this will change based on the Attack Potency and Lifting Strength of Shoto's Ice.

No one scales to Chimera besides Kirishima's durability. Anyone else was taken out in one hit and that is not grounds for scaling.

Agree: TheRustyOne, Excel616, Kingofwolves999, V999, SuperStar, Kaio1277999, MintyBoi1, ShigarakiShimura, Damage3245 (Is alright with removing Shoto's scaling to Endeavor in his Agency Key), Grand_Astartes, Metalballrun, Danny33wise, DemonGodMitchAubin, (13)

Neutral: (0)

Now this one also doesn't scale to a lot of people, despite what you might think. There is something I need to clear up, since right now this would scale to a lot of people. But there is some current scaling that I believe is incorrect and needs to be looked at again.

Currently, Sugar Rush Sato scales to this level for being able to break Bakugo's gauntlet. Which can unleash his strongest explosions. However, I don't believe this logic tracks. Bakugo's Gauntlets are meant to let out his full power blast without any draw backs, however I don't think their durability would scale to this value.

First: Bakugo's gauntlets aren't meant to completely contain the full power of these blast, they're meant to release them once detonated. Meaning at no point do these gauntlets actually take the full force of his blast. It's very possible if you plug the holes on them and detonated his sweat they'd shatter from the explosive force.

If they did withstand the full explosive force that'd mean his explosion wouldn't come out. And it'd be weird if they only let out a fraction of the explosion power they hold since Bakugo does this to maximize his explosive power. I don't believe his gauntlets should have durability compared to his strongest blast.

Second: It's also possible the inside and outside of his gauntlets have different durability. The explosions are meant to go off inside of the gauntlet, they aren't meant to withstand explosions on the outside. Meaning it's possibly their ability to withstand force on the outside isn't comparable to the inside.

Something that I think supports this is that fact that Bakugo's explosions can destroy his own gauntlets. Which would be very weird if they're meant to handle his strongest explosions without breaking. Since this would mean Bakugo can make explosions stronger than his strongest explosions?

I know Plus Ultra is a thing here but this is quite a hard pill to swallow, especially since Bakugo tanked this blast himself. Which means he'd scale to his strongest explosions and his strongest explosions would scale above... his strongest explosions. Do you see the issue here?

Considering these two points, I believe any scaling of Bakugo's strongest explosions to his gauntlets should be dropped.

Note: Since Bakugo's gauntlets can withstand his own strikes, they'd still have 8-A+ durability and will be a feat for Sato's AP.

Sandbox, for all the affected characters who's profiles this will change.

Mummy doesn't scale to Bakugo's blast since it knocked him out in one hit. We don't scale people to something that one shots them.

Joint Training Arc Kirishima is more durable than when he fought Rappa, that's why Rappa's profile is worded that way and why he isn't High 7-C+.

However, there is one person's scaling I should explain in more detail.

Nighteye one shotted a clone of Rappa that is just as strong and durable as Rappa. Defeating a clone means he needed to deal damage equivalent to breaking the arm of that clone. The reason I say he scales is because Twice's clones are not less durable than the original like one would think.

Twice's Doubles are not less durable than the original clones. While under the effect of a Quirk that forces him to tell the truth, Twice says this line.

"Only difference from the original is endurance!"

Twice's states the only difference from the original is their endurance, also we even see that clones of Twice are comparable to Twice in terms of durability. Twice's clones, despite being clones of clones, can still harm Skeptic's dolls. Skeptic's dolls are strong enough to harm the original Twice with their strikes.

If Twice's clones weren't comparable to himself in durability they'd hurt himself with their own attacks. We already know that AP/Striking Strength are not affected as well. If the clones continued to get less durable as time went on they'd destroy themselves with their own attacks.

However, this is clearly not the case as Twice's clones can overrun the Meta Liberation Army and continue to grow without worry. At a certain point Twice's clones would be so weak in terms of durability that moving around would destroy them. They'd stop being a threat to anyone, which we visually see this is not the case.

Toga's clones would be worthless and should even be crushed under their own weight. We also see some random doubles of Twice get sent flying by Machia. They should be ripped in half by Machia here if they were less durable than Twice, since these doubles at this point are in the thousands.

The only difference with Twice's clones is their endurance, meaning how much damage a clone can take before disappearing. Even if there was a durability difference, clones of clones are still capable of throwing out attacks without harming themselves with the recoil of their attack.

Rappa's clone is a single double, not a double of a double, meaning it's a clone with the most endurance. If clones of clones can withstand their own strikes without harming themselves, that means the Rappa clone should be capable of withstanding its own strikes and is still High 7-C.

Nighteye should scale to Rappa's rating of High 7-C. I will make it clear that no one else scales to Nighteye except for Chisaki's Spikes, which are already Low 7-B. Chisaki's durability does not scale to Nighteye since he broke his arm and put a hole in it with a single attack. That's not grounds for any scaling.

Getting your arm broken in one shot doesn't mean your durability scale to the person who broke your arm.

Also, this only scaling to Sir Nighteye's Throwing AP which is Lifting Strength and not Striking Strength.

Agree: TheRustyOne, Excel616, Kingofwolves999, V999, SuperStar, Kaio1277999, MintyBoi1, ShigarakiShimura, Damage3245 (Is alright with removing Bakugo's gauntlet durability scaling to his strongest explosions), Grand_Astartes, Metalballrun, Danny33wise, DemonGodMitchAubin, (13)

Neutral: Kingofwolves999 (Gauntlet Scaling), (1)

Sandbox, of how all of this will change the Verse Page.
Agree with everything, these calcs are really good. Nice.

Disagree.

1. Using the anime version of a feat isn't something you should do. Always go with the manga and if there isn't a manga version and its "cannon" I can only see this going as a "possibly" rating seeing as I doubt that the creator of the manga supervised the movie and supervised the feats. Unless you can prove otherwise wouldn't it be safe to just use "possibly" ?
The metal bars height seems awfully inconsistent, I would just pixel scale the persons leg or arm length to then find the height of the bar (Imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back