• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Still waiting for actual reasons to be posted before I vote.

Same.

Although "Skull Knight having a sword that cuts through space and a fairly serious amount of combat skill backing it up" would be a pretty good one on its own.

Is Skull's non-physical interaction from his space-slicing sword or his other sword?

Otherwise Shovel Knight either dodges or goes intangible in response, before following up with projectile spam.

Heavily leaning towards Skull Knight off the bat via x2 AP and that sword, but I'll wait for arguments.

I mean, overall Shovel Knight is the better ranged fighter, although I'll admit Skull Knight outskills him and has better AP. That said Shovel Knight's form of combat is rather unorthodox and might catch Skull Knight by surprise.

Personally I'd give this to Skull Knight if he can spaceslice Shovel Knight while Shovel Knight is intangible, otherwise I think Shovel Knight narrowly takes this.

Eeeeh, I don't think Skull knight scales to full 45 tons when the feat is specifically performed by Schierke's magic, the only thing that reliably scales to it is the durability of Guts' Dragon Slayer

Oh, if that's the case would that put Skull back at baseline? I'm not familiar with Berserk so I wouldn't know.

As for skill, Skull Knight consistently beats Apostle Zodd, who even Guts can't reliably handle. He's also hundreds of years old, and seems to have some sort of connection to Void (the character) indicating that he's been around since Eclipse #1. They happen every 216 years, and the one that Guts experienced was #5. Zodd's no slouch on his own even without comparing to Guts, having fought in countless battlefields with such efficacy leading him to be referred to as "The God of the Battlefield".

Not sure on the NPI but Skull Knight isn't there all the time so I could probably find out with some quick rereading. Phase locket doesn't really last that long, and projectiles can be countered by Skull Knight's shield, spatial warp teleportation, or just skill.

Also, he has the capability to make quite large rifts with the sword if need be. Another example, where Femto uses his powers to redirect SK's strike and causes him to cleave all the way through Ganishka. The resultant hole in reality merged the astral world and material world together.

Being superior to Apostle Zodd would make him scale to the full value I'd think. Zodd can damage the Dragonslayer, and Guts in the Berserker Armor was comparable to Apostle Zodd. Berserker Armor Guts defeated Apostle Grunbeld, who in his first form was able to damage the sword as well and beat Guts in rather short order.

AFAIK Current ratings are substantiated by this calc , Lina (former calc groups) revision in the comments puts Mozgus attacks which Guts tanked very close to baseline 8-B (9.66 tons) whereas fan of RPGs puts him twice above baseline (20.15)

In either case, Skull Knight should be above this since but I'm not certain by how much in specific.

I guess it would work on Shovel Knight then.

That said Shovel Knight still has a pretty decent window to win here considering Skull Knight deployed the space warping only when Guts and co were surrounded and being pushed back, but I don't see Shovel Knight winning more oft than not.

I will be voting Skull Knight via skill, being able to ignore intangibility, having a shield of comparable durability to Dragonslayer to deal with projectiles, and his space cutting slice that can cleave through multiple planes of reality to decisively end the fight, if need be.

The two times he's pulled it out that I remember was when he destroyed the Ogre army by opening that rift, and when he tried to assassinate Griffith/Femto.

I thought in putting that, but it would be too confusing.

As for my side, i am leaning towards Skull Knight more now due to better skill, affects intangibility, lifting strenght (Sword Clashes are in his favor) and higher AP. Whil Shovel Knight have alot of versatility in his range moves, not even that he has, while invulnerability and healing is good, he is complete vulnerable while drinking the potions, i am waiting for the Transmutation question to be answered though, since that can change the game, so not voting for now

Even though Shovel Knight has ranged tools, Skull knight's sword has dozens of kms of range. Skull Knight FRA.

Eh, Evil SK FRA

Evil SK: 7 (Wokistan, Agnaa, PixelKirby, Psychomaster, Phoenix, CinnabarManx, Drite)

Good SK:

GRACE

Next round will be up soon.

Dang that was fast, and RIP Shovel Boi.

once again Drite saves the day with votecounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back