• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel Knight 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

32:11 Shovel knight is canon to God of War

This was then confirmed again on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1146210997721432064
https://twitter.com/dhwright98/status/1118484460947767296?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1118586527670390784|twgr^|twcon^s2_&ref_url=

And confirmed repeatedly by Shovel Knight folks

this page is deleted

all Shovel Knight characters become 2-C.

GoW supporters decide what Shovel Knight actually resisted from the blades here

Discuss.

Votes.
Please note I am only counting knowledgeable member or staff votes

Not Canon:
  • Agree: DarkGrath, Bambu
  • Neutral: DDM, KLOL, Planck69
  • Disagree:
Option A: No scaling but is canon
  • Agree: Lephyr, Bambu
  • Disagree:
Option B: 8-C, possibly 2-C
  • Agree: 2nd Extistential seed
  • Disagree: Bambu
Option C: Flat 2-C
  • Agree: Lonkitt, 2nd Extistential seed, ZillertheBucko, Marvel, KingTempest,
  • Neutral: Planck69, DDM, KLOL
Option D: Shovel Knight gets a 2-C God of War Key
  • Agree: LordGriffon DDM
  • Neutral: KLOL, Planck69

Last edited:
The Chaos Blades alone have a lot of stuff
Oh, let me check them and-
oh.

Adding them to the OP I guess, I'll let GoW supporters say what Shovel Knight actually resisted from them

This is Kratos after he killed himself with the BoO, aka his Fallen God self. No more juicy hax because Hope was given away by his sacrifice. He resurrects due to immortality curse and is now just his Norse self before he gets the Norse hax. Slightly weaker than or on par with that era.

And Christ, it was a rhetorical question. The answer was "No".
lord_vivec__no__by_quarter_virus_dccariq-pre.jpg

And my points being:

1-Shovel Knight doesn't have any feats even close to supporting this rating.

2-The game isn't even consistent with Kratos himself, as he has a bunch of weapons that were destroyed at the end of 3, and the game is after that...

So yeah, no.

And my points being:

1-Shovel Knight doesn't have any feats even close to supporting this rating.

2-The game isn't even consistent with Kratos himself, as he has a bunch of weapons that were destroyed at the end of 3, and the game is after that...

So yeah, no.
It remains confirmed canon which makes the crossover rules not apply here🚂💨

I agree that is canon, it just that the game shows too many inconsistencies to actually warrant scaling.
What about merging Shovel Knight Kratos with canon Kratos and making him the Wish version of Norse Kratos? That much is warranted.

Kratos having the nemean cestus, golden fleece, and a goatee contradicts what Bruno said. Makes no sense for this to be canon.
It could be entirely inconsistent in everything and in the end it would remain canonical, you know why? because consistency is not what defines something to be canonical or not.

Generally more priority is given to feats over statements, so if this can't canonically fit, even if stated so, then it's reasonable to claim it's not canon.

And I don't know anything about Shovel Knight but are there any anti-feats regarding 2-C? [And I'm not referring to "calculations only reach X" because following this logic Kratos would not be 2-C]

That makes no sense. Why would the inconsistencies negate the scaling but not the Canonicity?
Outliers, inconsistencies, etc. are all things that we take into account here, the story is canon? Yes. But does this makes sense from a powerscaling view? No.
What about merging Shovel Knight Kratos with canon Kratos and making him the Wish version of Norse Kratos? That much is warranted.
Yeah, i agree, they're the same character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back