• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C Doubles: Ness and Wither vs. Terrarian and Slade (Teen Titans)

I, originally, was seriously leaning on Wither and Ness, but Terrarian and Slade have various ways of countering or just getting ways around their hax and abilities

With all mentioned above, i think i'm going to go with Team 2 with this match finished high-diff for them. It may not be easy job, but enough to get things done.

Ok, so...

If Slade is hit with Paralysis (which it can since Ness has Non-physical interaction), that means he is sorta incapable of doing anything, besides relying on his thought based attacks. Further more, he can extend paralysis to hit both Slade and Terrarian, making Terrarian incap since he doesn't have any way of attacking or doing anything, so he goes out first. Now the main focus goes onto Slade, Ness can put up a power shield for him and The Wither to protect eachother from Slades attacks (and as well as reflecting any attacks that are thrown at them). Now Ness and The Wither can both just one shot Slade; with The Wither being able to snipe from above, and Ness using his PSI (Ness could also use PSI Rockin omega to just get rid of Slade for good, so more variety in that. However, they must keep a distance or they'll get lol power nulled). And this is where Slade is hit by a bucket load of status effect, from both Ness and Wither. The Wither effect and Flash will eventually end Slade.

I vote Ness and Wither

What's stopping Slade from teleporting inside of Ness' forcefield if he wants to get close? Not only does that stop the Wither from hitting him (because projectiles aren't getting through the forcefield), it also gives Slade an easy chance to powernull Ness and beat the crap out of him.

Your scenario also ignores the likelihood that Slade won't be affected by paralysis even if he's hit by it (Which I brought up before), and relies on Ness opening up with paralysis 100% of the time, which I've yet to see any proof of.

You also kind of...skipped over all of Slade's mobility options when talking about how the Wither can one-shot him. And the fact that the Wither effect isn't instant-acting to begin with.

I'm thinking team 2.

I also feel like we're sleeping on terrarian a bit here, they're useful for more than just buffing Slade. Terrarian has probably the best mobility and range in this battle and by this point in the game should have a reasonably versatile and adaptive kit that can help deal with ness's status effects. He sorta just cheeses the wither via range spam and can aid Slade with buffing and just throwing out fire to trip up Ness.

I stopped trying to argue in favor of Terrarian once I realized all I was going to be met with is "but Ness paralyzes him tho" without end.

Not that I think he isn't relevant. It's just that circular debating <<< my interest.

Paralyzes the dude who's just a blip in the sky raining down bullets and whatnot on you? Don't think he had that sort of range.

Don't look at me. I'm not the one making that argument.

Actually, I've been suspicious of the reasoning for Team 1 ever since this debate started.

@King

bUT iTS true tHO! In all seriousness, I don't see how both of these fighters can just escape Ness and The Withers opening attack. 'I've said multiple times that Ness has Non physical interactions (he's able to attack, ghost, spirits, a literal walking drawings, etc). Ness opening with paralysis (since hypnosis won't do Jack to these two) means: it reduces mobility by a lot (When you're hit by this, the text box reads "Do nothing", unless you have some spare Psychic points or that your partner has some healing items made to cure that status, this also makes physical combat useless), blocks the use of equipment's Now this one is going to punish The Terrarian a lot (also how Ness won against Steve and yeah, The Terraria) since it gives all of his arsenal and equipment's the big middle finger (hence why I said he would likely die first, since Ness can hit them both at the same time, also because the winning conditions includes incapacitation. That's why I was "sleeping" on Terrarian) An example of this would be Jeff, he carries a lot of items; such as bottle rockets, bombs, and to everyone else, healing items, stats buff and debuff items and even different weapons. It even blocks them from changing weapons and armor mid fight. (which honestly sounds like it requires preparation time if Terrarian is going to give armor and weapons to Slade, but still get nope'd by Status effect). And finally...Is a status effect that will not disappear anytime soo It will stick until the end of the battle, and without healing items or PSI skills, it can't be cured.

If you looked into my previous comment, it regards about what he opens with; my main point is that he's a supporter type character, with only Rocking and Flash being more on the offensive side. Other than that, all of his PSI abilities are supportive type. Further more, PK Flash is more of a last resort if all else fails since OHK requires a lot of luck (however, Flash omega has a higher probability of killing one of them and the other gets a random effect) while Paralysis and Hypnosis (Cannot use crt stuff though, making this ability useless) are guaranteed to hit with their default status effect.

However, given that Ness is being put up against two opponents would mean he can whip out PK Rocking right away to knock out one of them, which I'm looking towards Slade since he's baseline.

Now then.., you did mention that Slade has some thought based attacks, which would indeed help a lot given the situation; like teleporting or abilities such Pyrokinesis or Electricity Manipulation (Though gets reflected back thanks to the Franklin Badge). However, seeing as how The Wither and Ness can be protected by a power shield (And that Ness can heal himself and The Wither constantly, because PSI is not magic), he'll likely be knocking himself out in the process (Also unsure how "teleporting inside of Ness's shield" would work out, he can go near him, but I don't think inside would work out).

Basically I see Ness putting up shields to protect him and The Wither, using paralysis + Rockin (knocking out Slade), and likely ending it with a good old PK Flash or The Wither snipes ahead, making them decompose over time. I don't see any resistance on both's profile, so I am assuming it would work.

Also forgot to ask, does Terrarian have any Thought based attacks like Slade? I'll try to come up with something better if this is "not enough", because I think I skipped some parts.

The only way for the Terrarian to attack without moving is with his Summoning Equipment. At this stage in the game, he'll have the Pygmy Staff , which is pretty much barely behind his fourth key on his profile.

Back