• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Round 24

Overlord775 said:
Any scans that it shows to negate the resistance of non-dragonoid creatures ?

Because to me it seems the author just forgot how it's own magic system worked and just made the robot dragon be affected because it looked like one
So where does this come from? Do you have an example of them failing to negate the resistance of magic to something? Because to me that's just an argument of disbelief that Dragon Slaying Magic can negat magic resistance universally.

FateAlbane said:
That 100% contradicts everything they say in the story, though. They say it works because it's a dragon, Natsu says it's worthy to be called a drago, Mystogan says it's got the reinforced armor of a dragon, Gray says it's because it's a dragon and they're dragon slayers and so on.

With all these statements and how it works it definitely was because "Dragon Slayer Magic vs Dragon."
Yes, it's strong physically and negates magic like a dragon. That's why he says that.

Dragons don't wear armor.

Unless you can show me as much instances of them saying the Dorma Anim's defenses were bypassed because they simply negate them for whatever reason as opposed to "he's a dragon, they're Dragon Slayers" which was the actual reason given in the story, your point can only be seen as headcanon.

"Gray says it's because it's a dragon and they're dragon slayers and so on."

Yes, because when you see something called a Dragon Knight that negates magic like a dragon does and is shaped like a dragon is, calling it a dragon makes sense. That does not however, make it a dragon. If Berserker was wearing a name tag that said "Dragon", then would Cobra suddenly be able to poison him by that logic?

@Dragon I'll take that to mean "there are no scans to contradict the in-verse explanation".

@Velox Wait, my vote wasn't counted yet? I voted FB.

I don't think Dorma Anim has anything in common with dragons other than looking like one. It was made using magic negating alloy, so how is it a dragon again? Last I checked, dragon scales aren't metallic.

FateAlbane said:
Unless you can show me as much instances of them saying the Dorma Anim's defenses were bypassed because they simply negate them for whatever reason as opposed to "he's a dragon, they're Dragon Slayers" which was the actual reason given in the story, your point can only be seen as headcanon.
/\

Assumed? The manga scans have people outright saying Dragon and Dragon Slayer right to left.

This isn't a case of "up to interpretation" or "what the Dorma Anim is made of". The story has outright stablished and stated that the reason it works is because Dragon Slayer magic works on it as a Dragon and says it's one.

It doesn't say anything like "This isn't a dragon but they can neg it anyways due to X reason".

The only way we can say otherwise is if we outright ignore the information from the story so that argument is not flying for me.

I don't really think poison is required here. With the AoE of Cobra alongside his power, he's going to be taking out these bodies left and right with his roars. If anything, swarming him just leaves them open for Dragon Roars and he can take out even more en masse. Also, isn't the strength of when there's one the point where he scales to Archer or am I mistaken?

True Archer had good crowd control too, with even homing danmaku attacks, and he is much MUCH more skilled than Cobra.

He still was getting his ass handed to him by Jack

Overlord775 said:
True Archer had good crow control too, with even homing danmaku attacks, and he is much MUCH more skilled than Cobra.

He still was getting his ass handed to him by Jack
On paper, it should've been the other way around. True Archer should've mopped the floor with Jack.

@Dragon No, he scales to easilly murdering a divine beast, who should be comparable if not superior to A+ STR servants

The profile just says he only has enought mana to create 200 bodies with From Hell active, while the normal amount of bodies he can make is 520

Wanted to leave this open a while longer than other threads because it still seems a bit controversial.

Next round will be up soon. The Semifinals are in only 4 more rounds.

False Berserker - 9 (Iapitus, Fate, Overlord, Apies, Crimson, John, Monarch, Velox, Pixel)

Cobra (Erik) - 6 (Dragon, Cal, Jack, Schnee, Triforce, DemonGod)

Well then. I guess I won't post the next match soon, lol. Grace could end in one FRA so I'll wait till it's finished.

(EDIT) Forgot Pixel's vote, grace is still active ovo

@Cal

Fate is in a weird position where each of their installments is like it's own verse. My main concern with using fighters from the same verse is that they might have fought before and that would make the threads boring; some servants in Fate will hardly ever or just never interact with one another.

that and Fate has a monopoly on the wiki's 7-B/7-A pool because FGO keeps spamming new servants

The real cal howard said:
I wanted Cobra to win because the next match would've been "Lucario's immune to poison and acid gg"
now he has to fight 200 flying Demons that can fire energy attacks I'm pretty sure equalize as fire type ovo

Back