• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Heck, what happens if Jiraiya just goes for the swamp summon, Even if Cobra reads his mind he would be too late to get out of it without getting stuck.

Because it's factually harder to dodge something a foot away from you than it is to dodge something twenty meters from you. It'd make perfect sense for Jiraiya to go to cqc, not no sense.

It seems like the only option to avoid getting poisoned in CQC is for him to block with his hair. But like, Cobra can read that too. And I'm fairly certain that thought would be more specific than "block with hair."

The real cal howard said:
Because it's factually harder to dodge something a foot away from you than it is to dodge something twenty meters from you. It'd make perfect sense for Jiraiya to go to cqc, not no sense.
And you forget that Jiraiyas jutsu are large scale. He would have to make more distance to dodge them than to dogde a foot.

Litentric Teon said:
It seems like the only option to avoid getting poisoned in CQC is for him to block with his hair. But like, Cobra can read that too. And I'm fairly certain that thought would be more specific than "block with hair."
Ok, so what , what can Cobra do about it?

If the posion is corrosive I don't see why hair would block it for too long.

Also he'd probably have to make openings in the sheild if he wants to attack.

Dargoo Faust said:
If the posion is corrosive I don't see why hair would block it for too long.
He can get his hair back to normal size essentially getting rid of the affected bits and regrow it for defence.

Depends on how fast he reacts. And Cobra's mind reading really comes into play here. He knows what Jiraiya will do before he does it. He could use it as a feint before opting for something else like a sound wall, who knows.

As for what Cobra can do about it, he can move. Dodge. Fly. I mean, pressuring Jiraiya with CQC is all he needs to do. I think it's extreme to say that Jiraiya will never block a strike with his hands or feet. That hasn't happened before.

Litentric Teon said:
Depends on how fast he reacts. And Cobra's mind reading really comes into play here. He knows what Jiraiya will do before he does it. He could use it as a feint before opting for something else like a sound wall, who knows.
As for what Cobra can do about it, he can move. Dodge. Fly. I mean, pressuring Jiraiya with CQC is all he needs to do. I think it's extreme to say that Jiraiya will never block a strike with his hands or feet. That hasn't happened before.
A sound wall will still not get past the hair that is still blocking. I am saying the moment Jiraiya figures out what his poison does, which he will from the get go just seeing it affect something else he would know not to block with his own body. He would be able to pressure Jiraiya cqc when Jiraiya has toad support as well? Really?

And it is only a matter of time before Jiraiya uses toad song for an instant KO.

Well, quite frankly, yes. The toad support can't do any AoE for it would hit Jiraiya as well if they're engaged in CQC. And Cobra can hear their thoughts as well, so he'd simply act on all of that knowledge. The toads have souls as well.

Jiraiya would still be hard pressed to get away, given Cobra's decent AoE with things like his roar and sound wall. The giant toads are simply large targets.

Besides, what if Jiraiya does land a hit in CQC because of his superior skill somehow? Then he's poisoned. It's very unlikely that he'll escape the eventually CQC without being poisoned. And both can play a decent ranged game now that I'm thinking on it. And it helps that Cobra has Cubelious to fly on. It gives him more mobility. And it may even time Jiraiya out potentially. But, simply put, the ability to read minds makes it very difficult for Jiraiya to literally make no contact with Cobra in the slightest. Even a grazed attack. Stepping on toes. Etc. Escaping CQC without contact is incredibly difficult. And downright implausible given that Cobra can read his mind and know what he'll do.

Also, doesn't sound wall counter frog song? In that GIF on his page, it looks like Natsu is screaming, but the sound wall seems to have cancelled it out.

Litentric Teon said:
Well, quite frankly, yes. The toad support can't do any AoE for it would hit Jiraiya as well if they're engaged in CQC. And Cobra can hear their thoughts as well, so he'd simply act on all of that knowledge. The toads have souls as well.
Jiraiya would still be hard pressed to get away, given Cobra's decent AoE with things like his roar and sound wall. The giant toads are simply large targets.

Besides, what if Jiraiya does land a hit in CQC because of his superior skill somehow? Then he's poisoned. It's very unlikely that he'll escape the eventually CQC without being poisoned. And both can play a decent ranged game now that I'm thinking on it. And it helps that Cobra has Cubelious to fly on. It gives him more mobility. And it may even time Jiraiya out potentially. But, simply put, the ability to read minds makes it very difficult for Jiraiya to literally make no contact with Cobra in the slightest. Even a grazed attack. Stepping on toes. Etc. Escaping CQC without contact is incredibly difficult. And downright implausible given that Cobra can read his mind and know what he'll do.

Also, doesn't sound wall counter frog song? In that GIF on his page, it looks like Natsu is screaming, but the sound wall seems to have cancelled it out.
As long as they move with him, it should not be a problem Jiraiya has been fighting with them for literally decades.

The giant toads maybe targets but they still have their own water jutsu and ranged attacks. their lerge weapons also make them difficult to attack.

Why would he after realising that he can not block any of his attacks pphysically because of the poison he would avpid touaching at alll costs.

Great Jiraiya has toads to hop with. And cobra still cant do anything to Jiraiya.

Jiraiya..stepping on toes, now thisis just grasping at straws.

It really is not when you have a speed advantage.

Not when he has the support of the toads along with other jutsus like BFR, shadow hiding, toad stomach summon and more.

It is a gif, you cant hear it and Cobra's ears amplify the sound, he would literally be down the moment he hears it.

Cobra can't keep his mouth shut about that info, right.

But on the "loud sound" thing, I'm pretty sure Cobra in later arcs overcame the loud sound weakness and can actually throw it back at the sender.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
That is true. I watched some of his fights as well, and can confirm that he does usually divulge that info
Pretty sure that falls more under that anime trope and nobody actually takes that seriously in a versus match.

The real cal howard said:
Pretty sure that falls more under that anime trope and nobody actually takes that seriously in a versus match.
No, it does not it falls under the character of the person. There are characters that are secretive about their abilities and it is their own character.

That's Cobra from his first appearances. Two years later is the Cobra we're using. This one just says the generic " I can read your movements" which doesn't give away how he does it or if it's a special ability besides skill.
408B9C1F-2C68-492B-9336-AA112470BA3A

I mean, just because many verses do it doesn't mean we don't count it as a part of the character. Many shows like Hunter x Hunter or JJBA don't dilvuge their powers unless it gives them some kind of advantage.

Even in Naruto characters dont say their abilities apart from Naruto himself of course. And even then it is just ability names.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I mean with that argument then why did he say anything at all?
Because that is just how he talks, he literally says that nearly every time he manages to read someone, it is nearly a catch phrase.

Back