• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Round 24

Dargoo Faust said:
So Magic Resistance (Skill) acts more like negation, whereas the general resistances associated with magi, servants, beasts, etc function more along the lines of what VSBW would call a 'Resistance'.
Jeez. So what, are we up for another CRT on the mechanics of Magic Resistance (Skill) vs magic resistance (VSBW definition)? They really seem to work in fundamentally different ways and it's probably best that we get this out of the way.

I'm just saying how the descriptions equate to abilities on the site. I don't think a CRT is necessary.

Couldn't find where he outright negates resistances, although I'm sure Dragon can link it.

Servants don't have a nervous system, as their are more akin to spirits, so would the paralisis even work ?

Also False Berserker has overwhelmed True Archer, who is vastly more skilled than Cobra and has just as good crowd control, and forced him to use Reincarnation Pandora to defeat his From Hell army. So Jack can overwhelm Cobra too

Berserker - 4 (Iapitus, Fate, Overlord, Apies)

Cobra (Erik) - 4 (Dragon, Cal, Jack, Schnee)

They negated the magic resistance with their Dragon Slayer Magic which is what Cobra uses and is a trait all dragon slayers share.

Overlord775 said:
Servants don't have a nervous system, as their are more akin to spirits, so would the paralisis even work ?

Also False Berserker has overwhelmed True Archer, who is vastly more skilled than Cobra and has just as good crowd control, and forced him to use Reincarnation Pandora to defeat his From Hell army. So Jack can overwhelm Cobra too
They do have a nervous system, they only turn into spirits when they go into spirit form. They eat food and bleed.

It is a magical, armored, mechanical Dragon that is forbidden from use under the 23rd-Article Imperial Constitution of Edolas Kingdom. Dorma Anim is an extremely powerful Dragon Armor that constantly drains all the Magic Power from the planet in order to maintain its power. Because of this, Faust declared that once it's activated, it must win for the sake of Edolas. However, what truly makes Dorma Anim deadly is the fact that it is equipped with a special alloy that can nullify all Magic used against the armor, rendering just about all Magic attacks useless.[2][3] However, Dragon Slayer Magic is the only exception since they can damage the mechanical Dragon because of their abilities.

They're affecting it because it's a robot drago, and because they Dragon slayers, are not because of some universal magic resistance null they have.

It's a metal robot shaped like a dragon that also has magic resistance like a dragon. This isn't Nasu where every Dragonslayer has anti dragon attacks where anything close to the concept of dragon is effected. Besides Dragon Slayer Magic is just Dragon Magic that's being used by a human.

"However, what truly makes Dorma Anim deadly is the fact that it is equipped with a special alloy that can nullify all Magic used against the armor, rendering just about all Magic attacks useless.[2][3] "

@Monarch

Look, it's even in what you quoted. It negates magic attacks because it has a special alloy, that has nothing to do with being a dragon.

I didn't say it negated magic attacks because it was a dragon, I said their attacks were effective on it because it was a dragon.

And it's freaking Fairy Tail, yes the reason that only the dragon slayers were able to damage the giant robot dragon was because it was a dragon.

No, it is not.

The series made it clear that to be considered as "Dragon", one must carry at least one draconic trait within them. Dragon Slayer Magic, having a Dragon Soul within one body, carries the DNA of Dragon or having part of dragon's body within them.

Dorma anim doesn't have any of these traits. It was made of a special materials that heavily resistant to magic. So Dorma Anim=/=Dragon.

Any scans that it shows to negate the resistance of non-dragonoid creatures ?

Because to me it seems the author just forgot how it's own magic system worked and just made the robot dragon be affected because it looked like one

FT Dragonslayer magic just ignores magic resistance as far as I can tell. Since it works on anything stated to be resistant to magic in verse.

200 angry men FRA

I always show up too late to debate, grumble grumble..

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh... Are you guys saying the robot case was DORMA ANIM? DORMAA ANIM?

Since I had dropped Fairy Tail somewhere along the way post the match with Future Rogue I thought you were mentioning something else but the story 100% states they can damage Dorma Anim because it's a dragon.

Well, seeing as their magic resistance negation is only effective against dragons, that means his magic poison isn't going to be able to incapacitate them due to resisting Serenity's which can do much the same, so I'll vote False Berserker

Dorma Anim is called a dragon because it's shaped like a dragon and has magic resistance that makes it immune to any other magic. Dragon Slaying magic works on it because it negates resistance to magic. There are no other creatures that are resistant to magic in fairy tail which is why it is compared to a dragon.

Besides, actual dragons come in the GMG arc and you see the dragons take extra damage from the dragon slayers who were weaker physically while the Dragon Slayer Magic only let the Dragon Slayers hurt the Dorma Anim, it didn't take any extra damage.

That 100% contradicts everything they say in the story, though. They say it works because it's a dragon, Natsu says it's worthy to be called a drago, Mystogan says it's got the reinforced armor of a dragon, Gray says it's because it's a dragon and they're dragon slayers and so on.

With all these statements and how it works it definitely was because "Dragon Slayer Magic vs Dragon."

Back