• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Pretty badass rendition of siegfried and fafnir from the new 348601861447613f0f2fc29b67182e31
Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

Twenty-second round of the 7-A brackets begins! I'm not entirely sure what happened last round but I think a character more powerful than the strongest bomb we have every created was reduced to the level of an elephant.

Since Fate servants are going through some minor revisions relavent to the next round I'll skip it for the time being.

The contenders for this round are Zeruel, submitted by Uninown, and Ren Tao, submitted by FateAlbane.

Zeruel's A.T. Fields are restricted, O.S. Super Bushin Ren is used. Speed is Equalized. Battle takes place at Knotts Berry Farm.

Zeruel fodderized someone who could tank 112 MT, Fate did a good explanation of Ren's scaling on this thread.

Zeruel -

Ren Tao -

Incon -

Ren Tao
Zeruel close-up

Does anyone know how much does Zeruel spam his AoE cruciform blasts ?

because unless he spam it, i'm seeing Ren win via much higher skill, smaller size and pseudo-precog via Fumon Tonkou, which would also show him that he needs to aim for the core.

"Zeruel's A.T. Fields are restricted"

wait what

That's not what it says on the profi-

> Durability

AH. So wait are we restricting their AP too or...?

Sorry for my absence. IRL problems are a cruel sadistic s----

A-hem. If Zeruel had AT fields Ren would be Effed.

If not, Ren has good chances of taking it since Zeruel doesn't spam Cruciform Blasts that much (which is the thing I can't really see Fumon Tonkou saving Ren from since the AOE is ridiculously big).

Without AT fields that means the OS can pierce through Zeruel defenses since it can ignore non-soul-based barriers and things blocking its way to the target. Ren is also far more skilled and Zeruel's arm attacks could be evaded with Fumon Tonkou.

Large Size is covered by Togenkyo since as I said in the previous thread it can AOE giant enemies as well like the Golem or the *cough* Angel *cough* Michael.

That is not to say that Zeruel is utterly helpless here or anything - the thing can actually use more mobility than its large size would imply at first, like propelling itself in a general direction with its arms .

And though it's far more likely to attack with its arms, if it does send Cruciform Blasts and they hit, Ren has the trouble of both having to sustain the injuries from it but also runs the risk of his Oversoul being destroyed from the powerful blast.

Another scan that I posted in that previous thread shows that Ren has the mentality "If they regen, cut them harder." and against the Golem he used the exact same sort of strategy he would need against an angel ironically enough . But was sort of effed anyway since the Golem's was >>> at the time.

Nonetheless, looking at both Zeruel looks bigger than the Golem and the Angels of Shaman King Size Wise but it doesn't seem like enough of a difference for Ren to be unable to get through.

All in all and putting all these factors together, I'm leaning more on Ren atm for experience, skill, Fumon Tonkou, better mobility and experience with this kind of foe, albeit Zeruel's Cruciform blasts are the main factor of risk for him so I'm expecting actual diff here regardless.

Also Ren vs an Angel is legitimately the one fight I wanted the most out of this tournament. lol

I even said that in a Discord Group. This match is what I've been fighting for so the tournament has me satisfied at this point for seeing it happen.

So. Wait.

Are we restricting their potency? ATfields for durability I get, since this is a haxless bracket and they have High 7-A dura, but I don't see a point in taking away an ability for potency if it isn't higher tier.

I'm not familiar with either even though Evangelion looks kickass, just asking for specifics since I'm not certain stuff can be added if not-higher-tier powers are restricted.

I actually did consider the Optic Blast, since one of the videos I linked above has Zeruel blasting EVA-01 with one of those after launching itself towards it.

However, having watched Evangelion and every iteration of Zeruel's fights, I have doubts about whether that even was a weaponized AT field or simply Zeruel trying to blast him with energy from its eyes. Unless memory is failing me.

I'm moreso just asking for the sake of me personally knowing what in the hell is going on currently

Mr. Bambu said:
I'm moreso just asking for the sake of me personally knowing what in the hell is going on currently
Well, long story short, the insta-regenerative multi-layered barrier things are restricted, the rest is fair play.

In my opinion, yes. He has all the tools he needs to win here and knows how to use them better than Zeruel uses his own.

Alright then. I think that's good enough for me I'm not too invested in either. If that's the case..

Ren fra

Zeruel's matches wouldn't be that fair to begin with if it had it's A.T. Fields; having a High 7-A forcefield around itself (Decently into High 7-A, at that), makes hax or negation the only way of a regular 7-A harming it. I didn't notice the High 7-A durability when I let Zeruel in, if I did I would have suggested Evangelion characters who weren't stone walls.

Ren - 5 (Velox, Jacky, Dragon, Uninown, Fate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back