• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Round 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargoo Faust said:
To be honest Servants resisting soul manip in this context of this fight doesn't really matter as Ren Tao's brand of it isnt' the traditional "lol ur soul is mine" hax you see on a lot of OP profiles.
Yeah.

It's more along the lines of "Bason's soul is now solid and in the form of a giant spear that I will hit you with"

Saber's regen isn't even that good. Her weakness section says it takes minutes to work properly if she is badly wounded. Why would Ren even wait for that? Also your reasoning doesn't cover any point or debunk anything, just says she has a bunch of abilities and that they are better without explaining them.

Lol yes I did, the fact is she has regen and Ren doesn't, my statements stand as a fair arguement, Ren has inferior abilities, case closed, Saber has abilities that put her above Ren more than enough to win, provide some AP calcs, if Ren has some really good showings, good for him, he deserves them

Iapitus The Impaler said:
So he is a good bit above baseline then?
Pretty much, yeah. Don't have a solid value, just "Stomps Baselines who stomps less baselines who stomps less baselines extremely hard by a margin of 2k ~ 5k to 55k."

Anyways I'll vote Ren High Diffing for the reasons I said above.

Togenkyo Spam + his other skills and stats seemingly cancelling out with most of her own. He also has more mobility since he can actually use Bason to fly or propel himself up in the air or in different directions mid-air. Plus she will be needing to deal with his attacks coming from every direction + under her all the time.

If they do cancel each other out in many of the other aspects adressed so far, I guess he ultimately takes it by that window of advantage.

ZellTemplar55 said:
Lol yes I did, the fact is she has regen and Ren doesn't, my statements stand as a fair arguement, Ren has inferior abilities, case closed, Saber has abilities that put her above Ren more than enough to win, provide some AP calcs, if Ren has some really good showings, good for him, he deserves them
Her regen also takes 10 minutes to heal her from fatal wounds, during which she is lying on the ground incapacitated, and she can still die if her heart or head are destroyed.

Stabbing her heart is how she is killed canonically.

It's pretty easy for Ren to get around, all he needs to do is stab one of those dozen weapons he summons into her heart.

FateAlbane said:
Anyways I'll vote Ren High Diffing for the reasons I said above.
Togenkyo Spam + his other skills and stats seemingly cancelling out with most of her own. He also has more mobility since he can actually use Bason to fly or propel himself up in the air or in different directions mid-air. Plus she will be needing to deal with his attacks coming from every direction + under her all the time.
She does have her mana burst aura to help defend herself against attacks coming from directions she can't see, just saying. And I'm pretty sure she's decently mobile in mid-air.

Monarch Laciel said:
She does have her mana burst aura to help defend herself against attacks coming from directions she can't see, just saying. And I'm pretty sure she's decently mobile in mid-air.
But is that passive/would she open with it, though? Because it's in Ren's character to open with Togenkyo in this key. If she gets surprise hit at the start of the match by the sudden move it might be a bad one for her.

FateAlbane said:
But is that passive/would she open with it, though? Because it's in Ren's character to open with Togenkyo in this key. If she gets surprise hit at the start of the match by the sudden move it might be a bad one for her.
I mean

It's basically Gilgamesh's strategy, just from below her instead of behind him, and Saber was able to deal with a bit of that IIRC

Also I think it's passive yeah, in this state her mana burst is just her constantly emitting this big aura of magical energy

@Monarch But Gilgamesh sucks in CQC/direct battle experience compared to her though, doesn't he? Also Saber doesn't have Excalibur to pull here either unlike in her Gil matches which would in turn have made me say she vaporizes long before this ever happened.

In this case she has to deal with weapons from every direction from the opponent she knows nothing about at first (unlike Gil which in their first meeting in Zero was easily spamming her normal incarnation) + comparable fighter fighting her head on.

Though to be fair, IIRC Saber was tired from the Berserker match prior to meeting Gil in Zero so that's probably why she couldn't avoid him at all there.

Ren - 5 (Monarch, Fate, Phoenix, Cal, Jack)

Salter -

@Jack Next fight is Zeruel vs. the Kanohi Dragon.

Ren fra makes sense

I actually might miss my battle anyways with how this is going. Oof.

I'm excited for the Banjo Kazooie fight too though

I just noticed that the three remaining rounds of this first phase involve at least one character I'm familiar with (Zeruel, Mukuro, Nonon and Rugal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back