• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

50% Zygarde

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Credit to the same guy as last time.

https://********.org/chapter/756342/1

https://********.org/chapter/756342/10

Zygarde 50% sent Ultra Necrozma flying and fought him for a while. Also managed to transform before U-Necro could blast him.

Not saying he's equal (because duh), but somewhat comparable. Like, base Necro level, while 100% is between Fused Necrozma and Ultra Necrozma.

Scales to...more than just 50% Zygarde. Every 5-B except base Mewtwo, Mew, base Rayquaza, Deoxys, and normal Genesect, and even they scale in speed due to Deoxys being able to literally keep up with Mega Ray in combat.

Normally, I would be all for the upgrade but right now I'm kinda having doubts about whether or not this is an outlier due to just how many Legendaries this would scale to.

On one hand this scales to Legendaries such as the Tao Trio who have a potential 3-A/Low 2-C feat via potentially embodying the dream world as well as Xerneas who has a casual passive 5-B feat via maintaining the planet's revolution around the sun. But on the other hand the dream world feat for Gen 5 Legendaries might not be legit and the passive feat for Gen 6 is still just 5-B compared to 4-B. And this is not even factoring in the likes of Mega Mewtwo, Mega Rayquaza and Shiny Genesect who merely upscale from a 5-B feat. So yeah really not sure about this

The scaling makes sense at a glance but I'm not too savvy on pokemon so I can't actually tell if this is accurate.

Not a big Pokemon guy, but I know a logical argument when I see it. If he put up a fight against UN and even did decently well against him, then the comparable scaling looks good to me.

The scaling seems legit. Dunno how it'd affect the grand scheme of things, but Zygarde really posed a threat to that Digimon, he should scale.

Magearna, Aura Trio (Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde), Mega Diancie, Unbound Hoopa, Resolute Keldeo, Tao Trio (Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem), Swords of Justice, Forces of Nature Therian Forme, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, Mega Rayquaza and Shiny Genesect.

These are the legendaries that will become 4-B if this gets accepted. But right now the problem is whether or not this will be considered on outlier since this would make 80% of the current 5-Bs legendaries 4-B.

Ionliosite said:
4-B Mega Mewtwo? Perfect!
yes! it already would make sense as beforehand mega mewtwo was a lower tier than a rock medusa, but now it finally makes sense.

also groudon and kyogre should scale due to mega rayquaza.

Arceus0x said:
No. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are weaker than Base Rayquaza. Well at least that's what I heard so they don't scale.

Peter1129 said:
Arceus0x said:
No. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are weaker than Base Rayquaza. Well at least that's what I heard so they don't scale.
oof... so now island guardians are stronger than the god of land... welp, sucks for them.

Well we still need to get approval for this upgrade first. I'm currently leaning towards neutral since 4-B would screw over the legendary Pokémon scaling really badly.

Peter1129 said:
Well we still need to get approval for this upgrade first. I'm currently leaning towards neutral since 4-B would screw over the legendary Pokémon scaling really badly.
it would make sense though. ignoring all of this just because it would screw up the scaling makes no sense. there are worse problems with scaling in this amino (i mean have you seen the dozens of threads about anime and it's scaling?)

I also agree with OP about the 4-B upgrade for the legendaries, but honestly I think Deoxys, Base Rayquaza, Base Mewtwo, Mew and Normal Genesect should have "At least 5-B, possibly 4-B", since Deoxys struggled Mega Rayquaza before getting one-shot, what implied that Deoxys was not massively/drastically inferior to the latter

Eh, I feel like that would be too much, @Enryu. The absolute best I could see for them is Deoxys and Deoxys alone having 4-B barriers. And even then that's a stretch.

I'll do edits if I get one more staff's approval.

Also, to the dissenters calling this an outlier, recall that there's only two 5-B feats. Deoxys', which doesn't change as those who scale directly to it (Deoxys, Rayquaza, Mewtwo) are keeping their tiers. The other one, the PMD planet feat is the other one (Deoxys & M-Ray) was initiated by a 4-A, giving less validation to 4-B being an outlier.

Er...Prom, it would've been a solid 4-B. The "possibly" is what Enryu suggested for Deo, base M2, and base Ray.

That said, Prom doesn't deny the feat, so I'll do my upgrades.

I'd be more comfortable with At least 5-B, possibly 4-B. That's a lot of scaling for a lot of characters and only a few feats.

Peter1129 said:
Magearna, Aura Trio (Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde), Mega Diancie, Unbound Hoopa, Resolute Keldeo, Tao Trio (Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem), Swords of Justice, Forces of Nature Therian Forme, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, Mega Rayquaza and Shiny Genesect.
@Cal Here's the list of legendaries that will need to be changed. Also what do we do about 10% Zygarde than? Cause it feels weird for 10% to not be 4-B now when 50% and 100% are 4-B.

And yeah I agree with Promestain here I think they should probably have the 4-B as a likely or possibly just to be safe. 50% Zygarde did only land one hit on Ultra Necrozma plus the entire fight was offscreen.

Tbf, there's an equal amount of 4-B feats to 5-B feats. Deoxys' meteor and Xerneas's tree to Necrozma's absorption and Ultra Necrozma's emittance. And everyone who scales to 4-B scales above the meteor feat, making the only contradictory feat Xerneas's tree.

Of course, I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

I am sadly not that knowledgeable on Pokemon scaling in general, although I am familiar with the lore prior to the most recent game. However, at least 5-B, possibly 4-B makes sense to me

I'm willing to settle for the At least 5-B, possibly 4-B. However, I feel like it's more of a "likely" than a "possibly".

If you could handle the Swords of Justice and Therian Formes, that would be very helpful. I got the others.

Alright. Also Xerneas' profile needs to be edited a bit more. The 5-B feat is supposed to be making the planet revolve around the sun. No idea why the profile said flooded the planet at dark matter.

Ah. Gotcha. Could you fix that for me rq while I edit Ray and Deo?

Also 10% is good where it is. It's considered like, Charizard level.

Oh right also what should I put Landorus' tier as? Low 6-B or 6-B? The 6-B+ is outdated and I'm not sure what I should change his tier to.

So should I also upgrade Coballion to 6-B since he's also supposed to be the strongest one among the Swords of Justice just like Landorus?

Actually he should probably be straight up 6-B. I just checked the manga and here we actually see him fighting Therian Forme Landorus here

I'll unfollow this as I have no opinion on the matter outside of what I can judge from the scans and I gave my opinion already.

Back