• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
First off anime Kirby's paint ability gives him powers not listed on his profile particularly paint manipulation, as well as potential use of and resistance to reality warping. These are shown here first at 19:45 Kirby creates a missile with his name on it out of paint and then at 20:32 when the explosion causes reality to seemingly melt. The reality warping resistance should apply to anime Kirby, anime Meta Knight, and anime Dedede as they all survived it.

Secondly I have a problem with Claycia's Petrification as it just doesn't make sense for two reasons. One Kirby is already able to turn into stone just fine not only that but he is literally already made of clay when it happens. Two and more importantly here at 0:17 and 1:25 it literally says that what she did was steal all the colors and use them to make the 7 worlds not petrify everything. That said I don't know what power would be most appropriate to label this as.

Just answering things related to games Kirby; Kirby being able to turn into stone and back should not make him resist petrification. Everything being clay in that game is just the style that was decided to be used. iirc Azzy suggested that Claycia should have limited petrification for what she did to the planet.

Fair enough what you said although Kirby has been transmuted before so resistance to it still doesn't seem far fetched. Also I believe Azzy just mislabeled the ability because of how similar it acts with everything becoming immobile and gray and all. But again here it is showed that the color being removed explaining the gray. It also effects non-physical and the clouds effected are clearly not made of stone as they continue to float.

Also after searching for hours (which is why took me so long to respond) I found what I believe to be the best way to describe what happened. It seems that Claycia has the ability to induce rigidity through the power of color Absorption.

I know this seems very similar to petrification but the difference can be important. The difference being changing something into something completely different VS changing a physical property of something that's already there.

Since we (supposedly) don't link powers to Superpower Wiki I can see Matter Manipulation being added and petrification removed.

I would accept that as it seems more accurate and consistent with the series although paint manipulation is currently linked to the main Kirby profile. I recently linked this to the paint manipulation listed on Drawcia's and Paintra's profile because of this. So should I undo that or what? Also should I get Cal or Azzy to come look at this thread?

Undo the link and call Cal. This would potentially give some minor resistance to matter manip to MK & DDD. We could call Azzy only if necessary as he's currently very busy.

I guess you're right about the anime stuff. You can just put the Drawcia stuff under status effect inducement and specify it for now. When she removes the color, that makes the character immobile, right?

In regards to anime Kirby: So is it ok to add the anime stuff Cal?

In regards to petrification: I did a bit of searching to find the validity of that comic and needless to say you know your stuff Efi. This short comic series dose seem a bit difficult to determine what is usable though. For instance later in the same strip DDD and MK seem to be telepathically communicating and in the same series of strips I don't even need to explain why this is unusable. Although because of the context it adds I think petrification can be kept now.

The "be turned into stone" was in response to/after the "the colors are disappearing", so I'm pretty sure it's not petrification.

It is possible it could be both. But honestly it dose seem like it could be either way to me so I'm not really sure what to list it as. This whole situation has become confusing and I don't even know what side of the argument I'm on anymore.

Bump

Still need to know if it's safe to add the anime revisions or not from Cal and it wouldn't hurt to get more thoughts on it and on petrification as it seems to have been left ambiguous.

Back