• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Fortnite. No, this is not a joke.

According to Donny Cates, one of the creators and writers of the "Devourer King" run of Thor comics (Thor Vol. 6 #1-#6) and Nexus War #1, on Twitter,
Yes, It's the proper 616 Thor and Galactus from @NicKlein and I's Thor run. But then they go through a dimensional rift and into the world of FORTNITE.
So, yes. This all really happened.

The official Twitter of Marvel also suggests that Nexus War does fit within the 616 continuity, specifically during Thor Vol. 6 #4.
The Nexus War comic also references Thor Vol. 6 #1 after declaring Thor the Herald of Thunder.

qBmJad4gCzifNXewyesupVPU8b5OBdE1LMr3zzy9ZSulLloLEFqDA3tMmCmp6sYXyYRT008KTIkqI5KhqEIhuyE0xHtcBpc1a1UVcq2S6k3cMbN8LsnWgQsrZrzejcNBAEuwfYQA8Q=s0
2v1Sa4tRYq1r6JTSOeo-IrWLM7wBsFi0gOKvpVU6I4rmxqp2bwPntcR87pdUUrffduuD9hSL2j8mx6AfpQ7i2fekkGicFG_ybnF7P-r3i3LougeazFNrd_F_w38iUsjeh7Y8wpmsuQ=s0

The page at the end of Wolverine #5 shows Logan being wisped away by a rainbow-themed beam of light directed to him by someone with a suspiciously Asgardian font. In Nexus War #1, Sif answers Thor's plead for help and utilizes the Bifrost in order to summon a group of Marvel heroes and villains.

Feats displayed in the comics

Jonesy injured Thor with his Shotgun, and the cast of Fortnite took several attacks from Thor while he was in an enraged and frenzied state.
And, the Players can fight against Galactus in the Battle Bus, even after he absorbed the Zero Point.

Aside from this, given the amount of explicit statements and implications, Nexus War should apply for Canon crossovers, meaning that the Fortnite characters would be 2-A scaling off of Herald of Thunder Thor and a Well-Fed Galactus.

There are multiple inconsistencies with Nexus War supposedly being canon to Marvel 616.

First off, Galactus' design changes slightly between Marvel and Fortnite, already indicating that this is a different Galactus. The designers could have very easily used Galactus' canon design during the comic for his appearance in Fortnite, but chose not to.

It also just kinda doesn't add up, in the event Galactus takes weeks to get to the island, only to be forced back through a rift to go back to his original reality. But the comic seemingly treats it differently. It just doesn't seem like the Nexus War Event took place with the main 616 Galactus.

Sure, the event could be canon to Marvel, but it doesn't seem like this is 616 Galactus, rather some other similar Galactus.

Thor being harmed by Fortnite Players is either an Outlier, or much more likely, this Thor is also not Canon Marvel Thor, so should only scale to his own feats. Which puts him at like tier 8 at most. Much like other heroes that got skins and powers in-game.

Likewise, the players tanking blasts from Thor are also either Outliers, or again more likely, this Thor is simply different.

As for the players harming Galactus with the Battle Bus, that's just wrong... Nothing the player could do would harm Galactus, Tony himself stated we couldn't do anything to him. But, countless Battle Busses could stagger Galactus and managed to push him through a portal, but we don't know if they did any major harm or just simply moved him, so that's also not worth a lot.

Zero Point having infinite power isn't really worth much tbh, could be High 3-A without more context.

Thor still likely isn't 616 Thor, so Odinforce doesn't mean anything.

I guess that would be valid for this Thor's Ravens. But that's about it.

Pretty much everything in the event contradicts it being 616 Galactus and Thor tho. So yeah, I'm calling that Donny Cates is incorrect with this one fra.

I remember when Cates tweeted that and asked him about how that continuity is ignored. He then replied with it "It's comics".

But honestly 2A fortnite seems so wrong especially since Cates is involved. Dude has a terrible sense of power scaling. It's just all over the place and nothing make sense.

Back