• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[15th Round of 8-B Tournament] - The Hunter vs Celistia Ralgris (7-5-0)

Ionliosite said:
That's true, but when the arguments FRAed are being disputed, it's better to give more concrete reasons to vote.
It factually isn't when your reasons are being disputed as well. Saying the disputed reasons adds no more legitimacy to the vote in the eyes of the wiki.

Whether you say "FRA" or "FRA because of the things they said above" doesn't add any qualitative discussion to the fight. Both votes are equally as legitimate.

It factually isn't when your reasons are being disputed as well. Saying the disputed reasons adds no more legitimacy to the vote in the eyes of the wiki.

That's literally what I just said tho.

Unless we assume you're a hypocrite, and you do not give the same criticisms to people voting in favor of your characters as those on the other side, then no, you clearly didn't mean that. Because your guy didn't give "more concrete reasons to vote". He just said "FRA for the things he said". My point is that you can no more easily disregard Zamasu than you can Zarat.

That's literally what I'm doing tho. Zara's vote and Zamasu's vote are equally valid, that's part of the rules of the wiki.

All right, I've read both sides, And I think Celestia wins. So, Celstia FRA. Also, you can't back scale to feats from anouther Key.

Ionliosite said:
That's literally what I'm doing tho. Zara's vote and Zamasu's vote are equally valid, that's part of the rules of the wiki.
That's the point, yes

Bambu, I think the problem was that you think I was trying to invalidate Zamasu's vote, when I really wasn't, I just told him to read the thread, something I know Zara did because he gave arguments already mentioned on the discussion above. If Zamasu indeed read the thread and then just decided to FRA, then I'll apologize.

Did people cover how The Hunter gets past Passive Barrier Jitsu?

Necromercer said:
All right, I've read both sides, And I think Celestia wins. So, Celstia FRA. Also, you can't back scale to feats from anouther Key.
Hmm, what's the feat that's being backscaled?

(Just joined the thread)

Hunter defeated Fatalis, who outskills basically most of the verse, on his last key, and they are saying that since there's no much time between them, he should be roughly comparable to his later self even now.

Ion said that a later key hunter might match Celestia's skill. I said that they should be close as the skill gap between Hunter's keys isn't very large as the time gap is short and their is no evidence of a major skill boost at any moment.

COMPLETELY not backscalable then.

I would have been fine if it was something like a couple of days. But in a month there can be serious growth.

Besides doesn't he go from 8-B to 5-A in that "month"?

He might, the stat difference is just because of different armor and weapons. He doesn't do anything that new in that time, just fighting different monsters. A few more months of experience don't exactly make a massive skill gap especially when that experience isn't very different from the one before.

A few months of experience can do a TON of difference. That's far too long of a time gap to backscale.

We never do that, even for things like AP and Speed, we don't backscale unless it's very reasonable. Skill is no exception. And "a few months difference" isn't a reasonable time gap, sorry.

It would be reasonable as he hasn't had any experiences far removed from what he dealt with in his first key, just stronger monsters that require better armor usually.

People get better over time normally.

If i play basket for a year. Doesn't mean that im playing against NBA people by the end of it, im still playing against average dudes, i still get better over time.

Same here, he doesn't need to fight multiversal gods for us to assume a growth of skill. Even doing what he normally does, for longer develops skill, especially when they get continuously stronger.

Not by much, you really wouldn't get better if you fight what is functionally similar or identical opponents repeatedly. The only exception is if the Hunter would restrict himself to make a better challenge. You are also exaggerating my point by a lot for some reason.

You don't need to do anything different to get better. You get better at what you're doing the more you do it. The whole point behind martial arts, experience, sports etc.

Again the back scaling is wrong there is too much of a time gap to even assume something like that.

I went from trash to the best of my group back in my basket days, i didn't do anything besides just play with the same ppl every day. I still got much better in a couple of months.

Or another example would be Ikki, the skill memelord himself, he went from average dude, to a skill meme from doing the same thing, basically watching others train and fight dojos.

Hunter FRA, though it's close and I may switch later.

Frankly the Hunter doesn't need to backscale skill, they can fight incredibly intelligent and skilled monsters long before fatalis so I don't really understand the hold up here

Wait nvm. Recounted, Hunter has 7 votes my bad.

1.Myself

2.00potato

3.DeathNoodles

4.SoulOfCinder

5.Mr.Bambu

6.Zamasu

7.Moritzva

Mr. Bambu said:
Frankly the Hunter doesn't need to backscale skill, they can fight incredibly intelligent and skilled monsters long before fatalis so I don't really understand the hold up here
None of them is nearly as skilled as the people Celistia fights

I guess GP has commenced with Moritzva's vote 6 hours ago

Iconclusive with this Vote count though

But Ion, if I then say, "Celistia's skill feats aren't as good as Hunter's", that's still equally as accurate as your statement, since skill is subjective

also yeah this is looking like forced incon on the horizon

Ionliosite said:
Skill isn't subjective tho.
When you find me a unit of measurement that can reliably tell me the skill of any given character I will agree.

When you find me a unit of measurement that can reliably tell me the skill of any given character I will agree.

Going by that logic, hax is subjective, and yet it's still a very important part of this site.

Back