• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also worth mentioning that in Avatar, dragon hunts used to be a thing and nameless firebenders have canonically killed dragons, and Aang scales above those firebenders.

To be honest I could see this as an incon, Aang's air manipulation won't work on Drogon's fire breath since it has more strength, among other things, and a direct hit would incinerate him. While Drogon would have a very difficult time trying to hit Aang while he is flying and dodging, plus having his flight restricted

I actually think Drogon would win, Aang is a pacifist in nature and will go for the incapacitation or knockout instead of the kill, and moving all around to dodge drogo huge AOE fire breath would also tire him(not to mention beingh near fire naturaly tires people)

I think Drogo would just outlast

To be honest I could see this as an incon, Aang's air manipulation won't work on Drogon's fire breath since it has more strength, among other things, and a direct hit would incinerate him. While Drogon would have a very difficult time trying to hit Aang while he is flying and dodging, plus having his flight restricted
I actually think Drogon would win, Aang is a pacifist in nature and will go for the incapacitation or knockout instead of the kill, and moving all around to dodge drogo huge AOE fire breath would also tire him(not to mention beingh near fire naturaly tires people)

I think Drogo would just outlast
Oh wait... Aang still cann damage Drogo... what are we talking about? even if he can't deflect the fire Aang can still kick and hit Drogo with powerfull wind blasts

not to mention beingh near fire naturaly tires people
To add to this the fire breath would also increase the temperature of the battlefield due to its heat, plus Dragonfire can cover a city in smoke and ashes very quickly
Oh wait... Aang still cann damage Drogo... what are we talking about? even if he can't deflect the fire Aang can still kick and hit Drogo with powerfull wind blasts
Drogon can do the same, as you yourself said flying and dodging all the time would tire Aang out, plus while he wouldn't take a direct hit from the fire breath, its effects like heat could affect him, obviously this is assuming that Aang can dodge absolutely everything during the entire fight
Also, air bending is invisible to the eyes so Drago wouldn't know from where he is beingh atacked
Dragons have enhanced senses, they can fight inside strong snowstorms or track much smaller targets through storms, it would not be difficult for Drogon to locate Aang

Btw, Aang's first move in-character when he's being attacked with fire is to try to deflect it right? Because he at the start of the battle wouldn't know that Drogon's fire breath is more powerful, has higher strength than his air manipulation, it's hot enough to incinerate him instantly and it's magical

Btw, Aang's first move in-character when he's being attacked with fire is to try to deflect it right? Because he at the start of the battle wouldn't know that Drogon's fire breath is more powerful, has higher strength than his air manipulation, it's hot enough to incinerate him instantly and it's magical
His normal move in any fight is just dodge actually, I was sleep whem said he deflects as a first move, and starting as a flying battle he starts with dodging always
Dragons have enhanced senses, they can fight inside strong snowstorms or track much smaller targets through storms, it would not be difficult for Drogon to locate Aang
Would they hear the air bending you mean? and I'm almost sure there have been characters with enchanced senses that couldn't notice air bending
Drogon can do the same, as you yourself said flying and dodging all the time would tire Aang out, plus while he wouldn't take a direct hit from the fire breath, its effects like heat could affect him, obviously this is assuming that Aang can dodge absolutely everything during the entire fight
Drago will be constantly pushed back to the ground trough and Aang will be like a fly around him and using air blasts to speed boost his way out of atacks,
To add to this the fire breath would also increase the temperature of the battlefield due to its heat, plus Dragonfire can cover a city in smoke and ashes very quickly
he also can use air bending to stingueshe fire, remove smoke and cool down whem the battle field is all on fire

Would they hear the air bending you mean? and I'm almost sure there have been characters with enchanced senses that couldn't notice air bending
I mean locate Aang to fire him constantly
Drago will be constantly pushed back to the ground trough and Aang will be like a fly around him and using air blasts to speed boost his way out of atacks
Aang's air manipulation doesn't have enough LS to push Drogon, wasn't it that he could prevent his flight by disrupting the air currents? Dragons actually have good aim and sight, plus their fire breath can cover a large area, I'm not saying that he can hit Aang but it would make it more difficult for him to dodge it and eventually he would get tired
he also can use air bending to stingueshe fire, remove smoke and cool down whem the battle field is all on fire
Dragonfire isn't common fire, it is magical fire far more powerful and hot as well as having strength, plus Drogon will be using it constantly so the battlefield will always be hot and covered in smoke and ashes
Oh, aang alread have water bending in book one too, there is a big lake in construct
Drogon's fire breath is hot enough to extinguish water instantly

As I said before, I think that an incon is what makes the most sense for this match to me

I don't think the heat should be too much for Aang, considering he regularly fights firebenders and at one point flew very close to a river of lava without seemingly being affected by it.

Didn't know he would be ic for this, so that does make a victory condition harder for him, however I can see him hopping up on Drogon once it's grounded and using an air blast from his feet to slam its head against the ground, knocking it out.

I don't think the heat should be too much for Aang, considering he regularly fights firebenders and at one point flew very close to a river of lava without seemingly being affected by it.
As I already clarified before, the heat of the fire breath is much greater than that and lava
Didn't know he would be ic for this, so that does make a victory condition harder for him, however I can see him hopping up on Drogon once it's grounded and using an air blast from his feet to slam its head against the ground, knocking it out.
You can't one-shot a stronger dragon just like that
A thing we can't disagree, Aang will be riding the dragon back most of the fight
If Aang does that Drogon can shoot the ground to engulf them both on fire, he is resistant to Dragonfire and its heat unlike Aang

As I already clarified before, the heat of the fire breath is much greater than that and lava

The difference in temperature is not so high as it’ll be a problem for Aang. Fire has a far lower specific heat capacity than Magma so Aang will still have no trouble putting it out.

You can't one-shot a stronger dragon just like that

Once Aang is on its back I don’t see the dragon doing much anymore. He can slam its head as many times as it needs to.

If Aang does that Drogon can shoot the ground to engulf them both on fire, he is resistant to Dragonfire and its heat unlike Aang

You really speak so highly of this dragon’s animalistic intelligence enough to know it has resistance and set itself on fire. And you realize it will also harm itself by doing so.

Not in the ground + not aiming to the ground directly, not engulfing him self on the fire breath
And? He is only a few meters above the ground, it is not as if standing on it would change things much, in the first scene he was practically at ground level and caused a large explosion that destroyed the gate, and what do you mean he wasn't aiming to the ground? When he destroys the army or the city he is clearly doing it
The difference in temperature is not so high as it’ll be a problem for Aang. Fire has a far lower specific heat capacity than Magma so Aang will still have no trouble putting it out.
Now you're completely ignoring what I said, the temperature difference is 700/1400°C to 2862°C, that's quite high against someone who has no heat resistance. Dragonfire is not an ordinary flame, it is magical fire capable of vaporizing steel. Aang's air manipulation doesn't work on Drogon's fire breath because his strength is higher than his LS
Once Aang is on its back I don’t see the dragon doing much anymore. He can slam its head as many times as it needs to.
Aang can't do that since he doesn't have enough LS to move Drogon
You really speak so highly of this dragon’s animalistic intelligence enough to know it has resistance and set itself on fire. And you realize it will also harm itself by doing so.
Dragons know that they are resistant to dragonfire, you can check it on their physiology page, plus they are stated, and have showed, to be extremely intelligent animals. Drogon has already been engulfed by his own fire breath and attacked by the Dragonfire of other dragons, he was unfazed both times

It's not LS It's AP, beating him with air blasts
I was referring to the argument that Aang could use his air blasts to push and smash Drogon into the ground
He is aiming to buildings, not the ground directly
He is aiming the soldiers and people, who are on the ground, here is another example

Btw, you don't need to make multiple comments, just write everything in a single one so the thread and my notifications don't fill up

Now you're completely ignoring what I said, the temperature difference is 700/1400°C to 2862°C, that's quite high against someone who has no heat resistance. Dragonfire is not an ordinary flame, it is magical fire capable of vaporizing steel. Aang's air manipulation doesn't work on Drogon's fire breath because his strength is higher than his LS
That’s only a 2-4x temperature difference and Aang could solidify lava instantly in a single air blast. The fire will be easily put out fast enough for Aang to dodge out of the way.

There are also ways that Aang could outsmart it and get on its back too.

Drogon has already been engulfed by his own fire breath and attacked by the Dragonfire of other dragons, he was unfazed both times

That means he’s stronger than them and can resist it’s heat. Has drogon ever set itself ablaze with its own flames?

I was referring to the argument that Aang could use his air blasts to push and smash Drogon into the ground
same thing, single air blats from up bellow would be AP
He is aiming the soldiers and people, who are on the ground, here is another example
What I mean is, a direct firebreath at point-blank on the ground would be much hotter them those from your clips
Btw, you don't need to make multiple comments, just write everything in a single one so the thread and my notifications don't fill up
I just think of the next awnser after anwsering the first one some times

That’s only a 2-4x temperature difference
That already makes a difference, the heat of the fire breath is superior to Aang's air in addition to having more strength, you can't assume that he can counter it just like that
Aang could solidify lava instantly in a single air blast.
And Drogon could vaporize steel instantly with a single breath
Has drogon ever set itself ablaze with its own flames?
Yes, and weaker dragons (Caraxes) can also resist the Dragonfire of stronger dragons (Vhagar)
same thing, single air blats from up bellow would be AP
It isn't the same since Aang doesn't have enough LS with his air blasts to move Drogon's body and make him crash into the ground
What I mean is, a direct firebreath at point-blank on the ground would be much hotter them those from your clips
It's only a few meters difference, the fiery explosions generated by the breath can cover Drogon perfectly

Lmao.

Lightning is 5x hotter than the surface of the sun. The dragon fire took a hell of a long time to melt the Iron throne at the end of GoT (the only season I watched hehe)
Them ang should be fine, he survived a lightining atack in the back, even trough he passed out It was from the lightning blunt force and eletricity and not from the heat, the heat only made a scar on his back and foot

He was flying during It

Back