• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[15th Round of 8-B Tournament] - The Hunter vs Celistia Ralgris (7-5-0)

Oh, OK then. If he manages to hit her with a Demondrug enhanced hit, her shield will shatter like glass. Does it recharge after awhile or mid battle? Because that's definitely an issue.

Once destroyed, she just needs to think on having the Force Core use its energy on it again to recreate it. Basically, it breaks, she thinks to have it back, she has it back.

Does the Force Core ever run out of power? Seriously, I'm concerned this might turn into a who can last longer type of battle.

Literally the only time on the whole series a Force Core ran out was during Fugil's final battle, and it only ran out after he had been using Ouroboros for like 2 weeks LOL.

OK. How long can Celistia last? How long does it take her to get tired? Because like I said earlier, The Hunter can fight for days on end with no stamina loss.

Not likely, Hunter has many healing items, an AP advantage, and damage reduction, this combined with stealth, speed amps, and the Hunter's usual reliance on avoiding things should let him dodge. If she starts in melee (she might as the hunter just seems to be a normal man in armor, doesn't seem very threatening to someone from her setting so why would she think to waste the energy blasting him?)

I don't think she will. He can use multiple different amps at the same time to increase his stats by 2x, maybe more. He will eventually figure out that she can spam teleport like a mad lad, and probably figure out a way to trick her into it. Like a Shock Trap into a pile of Barrel Bombs or something. Or somehow figure out a way to get real close and damn near One-Shot her while he's amped. And he can track her for kilometers with the Scoutflies along with Extrasensory Perception and Enhanced Senses, so she can't get the drop on him.

The healing items doesn't really work, Celistia has defeated opponents with High-Mid regen, so unless Hunter's healing items work on that scale then they won't be that useful.

Celistia has Break Purge to increase her speed and attack (iirc it was something like 2x too).

Hunter trying to dodge isn't gonna work, Celistia has fought Lux and actually gives him problems to dodge and even can attack him while others can't. And I doubt a lot that Hunter is comparable to Lux in dodging skills.

Everyone on Celistia's setting are just people with armors, she will definitely do that againts him.

Figuring a way to trick her for the Teleport isn't going to help that much, that was a plan that Philuffy made by predicting her movements, and Philuffy was the one who get attacked instead.

I don't doubt he can track her, just that is not that game changing. And little reminder that she can keep nuking, something that Hunter won't be capable of dodging.

How does she negate his healing? Are there any human sized 8-B that she dealt with before? Why wouldn't Hunter be able to dodge when he has speed amps and is an experienced dodger himself? Dodging skill isn't some linear quantifiable thing. What was the Philuffy situation? Hunter should more then match her in cqc due to his smaller size and stat advantage along with good skill and experience.

She didn't negate it, she just destroyed it beyond she can heal.

Yes, Sacred Eclipse is an human sized 8-B that she faced.

Hunter wouldn't be able to dodge because, 1) Celistia also has speed amps 2) Because Lux is also an experienced dodger. Except that dodging can be quantifiable by how much things you dodged and how did you did it.

Here is an example of Philuffy's situation:

Clouds of dust and soil rolled up from the explosion's impact, and at the same time Typhon's shoulders, arms, and back fired out countless Pile Anchors. Inside the smoke where one's sight was limited such that they should be unable to see even an inch ahead, Celis deflected all the Pile Anchors with accurate lance handling.
But, Philuffy also closed the distance by kicking on the ground and visited a fist using Typhon's powerful arm on Celis.
Her frame's joints twisted and a sure kill barrage of fists was unleashed at high speed. Celis dodged or evaded by running to the sky. Typhon chased her using its terrifying leaping power and unleashed a spinning kick after a feinted straight punch.
Furthermore she fired multiple Pile Anchors to the ground. They pulled on Typhon like rope with a claw attached, changing its orbit midair and evaded Lindworm's counterattack.
Typhon landed down on the practice ground at high speed, shook off the opponent's aim with circling trajectory, dashed to beneath Celis, fired countless Pile Anchors once more, and sniped at Lindworm.
Philuffy casually caught the three Daggers that were thrown from the air as counterattack, she then turned around her body from side to side and threw them back several times faster. Celis who predicted that circled to Typhoon's back instantly using Divine Gate. This time she took distance to be able to dodge Philuffy's kick and unleashed a thrust that was laced with electricity. But, Philuffy too seemed to know it. She jumped forward to dodge, twisted her body and faced towards Celis, then midair she fired several more Pile Anchors.
Celis slipped through that attack that aimed to hold her back and seize her, and pursued with a lance attack.
Philuffy seemed to perceive reflexively that she couldn't dodge it. She met Celis with her fastest forward charge.
Fist and lance's tip collided, and intense sparks and impact burst out.
And little after that Philuffy was defeated.

Celistia could match Mishis who has hundreds of years of fighting experience and that also was much more skilled than her.

I know this is later on but I'm gonna bring it up anyway. The Hunter matched and surpassed Fatalis, a dragon smarter and more skilled than any other creature alive at this point in time who has been doing this for centuries.

Fatalis doesn't sound more skilled than Mishis at all. She learned counters to every possible Drag-Ride technique and battle style in the verse, being trained in a way to counter anything any Drag-Knight can do, and has won every single battle she has had over the last centuries.

Then that thing has Composite Human levels of skill? Because Mishis is that, and actually more, because she outskills people with feats that CH wouldn't be capable of doing.

Then which are the feats of the people that Fatalis outskills? I have tons of feats that Mishis outskills. (We've entered the skill debate people)

It out skills everyone in the verse except for the Hunter. You know, the person who killed it? Who then fought the White Fatalis which is even Older, Stronger and Smarter than the Base Fatalis. This is why I didn't want to bring it up since it's at the end of the game.

Yeah, yeah, but that doesn't really tell me about their feats, Mishis does that too, aside from some people but they are other extremely skilled people. So that just happened on his last key? I don't think we can use that feat then, in this key was the one in which Celistia fought (and even defeated) Mishis.

Not voting myself but I think it's fine to vote, frankly. Information has been handed out on both sides, now it's just down to who is more skilled which is subjective after a certain point. Voting at this juncture is fine.

Don't know who else is voting (since there's various walls of texts) but DeathNoodles, so...

The Hunter - 1 (DeathNoodles)

Celistia Ralgris - 0 ()

I think I forgot to say I vote Celistia, so it's more like:

The Hunter - 2 (JoshSSJGod, DeathNoodles)

Celistia - 2 (Ionlisite, Overlord775)

eh

Hunter FRA, I think it's reasonable enough lads

Well, like I said, I personally believe skill is incredibly arbitrary after a point.

Fodder monsters include 8-Bs capable of dive bombing from low-orbit with accuracy enough to skim the ground at high speeds and ram Hunters. Such low tier Hunters can grapple onto a moving creature far faster than them, shoot them in the face with all of their slinger ammo, then attempt to decapitate them before jumping off, stabbing at them with their weapon and using the leverage to propel themselves into the air and then pierce the monster's spine on the way back down.

After a certain point, skill is useless since it doesn't convert into set units. So I'm happy to vote as of right now if there's no more arguments outside of skill to be made.

Oh yeah, more arguments, which is the counter the Hunter has to Teleport and Starlight Zero (the nuke)?

Skill is not useless to a certain point, specially if you have superior skill to circunvent the difference in AP. The best things in that list of skill feats are the bombing and the grapple in people far faster than them, the bombing is easily done by Krulcifer and in much better ways as she can hit people with extremely precision even while moving in circles and like againts Iblis which she had to face without seeing him. And the thing with the far faster opponent is literally made by anyone skilled enough in Bahamut. The second part after grappling them is literally basic things, and if you say they can do it before the monster can defend againts the Hunter then they aren't far faster than him.

> basic things

yeah so that's just wrong, hence my point about skill being subjective

The Hunter doesn't exactly need to counter everything. Just enough that they can be marked as superior. Believe that was noted somewhere above.

Shooting someone in the face is not difficult, specially because these monsters are big. Once you are above it, it isn't difficult to decapitate something if you have something like a knife or a sword, etc. And if we go saying those aren't basic things, then what I posted about Celistia above is impressive.

Someone that could actually counter everything Celistia has still lost to her, so yes, he pretty much needs to be more skilled than her (guess what? he isn't).

Hunter still doesn't counter Teleportation nor the nuke explosion nor Analytical Prediction.

Shooting Celestia's mech shouldn't be difficult for the same reason as the Monsters. Also about dodging, there are many things that could influence how good a dodging feat is. The size of the opponent, how many shots, how often you were attacked, how much room you had to dodge, how many angles of attack there were...etc. Hunter constantly deals with giant relentless monsters comparble to him in skill coming at him, sometimes even multiple. He should be able to dodge some girl blasting at him once he amps and stealth's, she won't even know where to teleport or shoot once he stealths anyway. He really doesn't need to counter teleportation anyway as that won't give her the edge over his abilities at all.

Back