• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[15th Round of 8-B Tournament] - The Hunter vs Celistia Ralgris (7-5-0)

@Soul

She isn't just gonna stand still, she can fly and nuke the battlefield

@Josh

Very intelligent monsters that very conviniently decide to fight melee

also, none of those beside the AP, the status and stat amp are even helpful here

Ghillie Mantle isn't really useful when your opponent can just fly and nuke the place.

How does all of those work?

This will be a drawn out encounter, with Celestia flying around and nuking Hunter. He will have ways to get her out of the sky though, flash pods and sonic pods might stun her long enough (they are pretty much flashbangs and lound noise makers that stun you.) He has an AP and dura advantage, and healing to ensure he can last long enough to land one of them.

Hunter also matches Celistia's range and and has flight as well (idk why that was just skimmed over) and as for the hax I mentioned.

• Probability Manipulation obviously does help. It gives the Hunter the best chances possible at doing what he plans to due to his "Luck".
  • Hunter's Sound and Light Manipulations are consistently shown to be able to take down airborne opponents (even blind/deaf ones)
  • The Physics Manipulation just helps The Hunter force Celistia into making a mistake by reducing friction just for example.
  • Damage Reduction is just reduced damage with paired with his Probability Manipulation is going off constantly which lessens Cel's attack even further counting the buffs the Hunter is applying to himself already and her much lower AP compared to his durability.

Loud noise won't really work, Drakkhen Megistri already proved that. Would flashbangs even work? Celistia is used to work with lightining, so she has clearly seen a lot of flashing light in her life.

Celistia has fought againts people with AP and Dura adventage like the Ragnaroks or Sacred Eclipse. And she was capable of destroying Sacred Eclipse's clones, which are as durable as the original.

About the probability, exactly how does it give him the best chances?

Reducing friction is something Celistia has already fought, Lisesharte Atismata can do it with her gravity manip.

That last one gets solved by Break Purge.

Pretty sure that Probability Manipulation is just something along the lines of "Increased drop chances"

That's just how attacking an airborn enemy works in general, you hit them and they fall.also blinding/sound attacks working on deaf/blind opponents is clearly game mechanincs.

not sure how's that gonna help when Celistia flies around

• The Flashbangs are consistently more effective than even Kirin's lightning and other Lightning based Monsters.
  • Both of you brought it up so I'll address it. The Probability Manipulation comes from multiple factors. Super Luck boosts drop rates, status/skill proc rates, critical hit rate ( which increases Hunter's damage by from 1.2x - 1.4 times depending on the skills ) and so on ( too many to list off the top of my head).
  • Same range, Hunter can still do everything he needs to even if she starts flying around (being a big target only helps).

Oh yeah. Lil mess up on my part. There are Monsters out there that can resist the Flashbangs by adapting to it or by having their own flashbang that they set off often.

And what if she doesn't look to the flashbangs? Also, aren't this weapons? Can't she just blow/dodge it before it reaches her?

Not really helpful then, he needs to hit her first.

Not exactly, if she becomes faster than him then hitting her will be more difficult. And Teleporting will be a problem for the Hunter.

• That normally would work however the Hunter's skill covers that as he would be very clever and adaptive with how he would use his abilities like against every Monster he has gone up against. They're a tool that is a flashing light so you can imagine how fast it is moving.
  • No? A lot of those abilities are passive, hitting only affects his Critical hit rate which he has the range to do so.
  • The Hunter has a lot of experience with opponents that are faster than him. Teleportation will be an issue at first but the longer the fight goes on the more likely it is for The Hunter to find a way around it (funnily enough if this was one of Hunter's later keys he would have a lot of experience with it. )

1. Celistia's skill also covers every kind of situation and she is adaptive about them too. Do you really want to argue about skill tho?

2. And most of them doesn't really work, just the critical hit rate which he needs to hit first. Which are the weapons that can reach her at that distance?

3. Even if Hunter finds a way around it, Celistia has already fight againts people who has way around it, in fact, againts someone who has counter to every single ability she had.

A counter to everything, and Hunter doesn't resist Analytical Prediction nor Telportation (but it's not like you can resist Teleportation)

Aside from those, her other powers don't work. He has the same range so she can't snipe him without getting sniped, especially since she's a bigger target than he is. He has the AP, Dura and Versatility advantage. Her only advantage is Skill and Teleportation. That's it.

She can snipe without getting sniped, that's part of the point of her Teleportation, attack and then teleporting to another place and attack from there too. She also has the adventage that she can predict Hunter with her Analytical Prediction.

I was asked to confirm things. Here I am. confirming.

I don't know what, but I'm definitely doing it.

Gonna say that I'm gonna be busy for a bit so y'all have fun. I'mma just go with Hunter FRA unless there is a very solid way for Cel to win.

Overlord775 said:
@Josh

Very intelligent monsters that very conviniently decide to fight melee

also, none of those beside the AP, the status and stat amp are even helpful here
Not all monsters fight melee. Most need to be forced to do so. See: Bazelgeuse, Paolumu, etc. If a monster has another option, it will generally take it.

probability can't be argued, I dunno where people get this from, it's just like "get better carves from killing this thing". They technically have it, it's pretty shit tier. It can affect things like do more damage as well, but it isn't like passively making him win.

Sound and Light are absolutely correct, they just deafen/blind/incapacitate enemies who see them. Like a flashbang but amped up times ten thousand. Sound is particularly good since it works even through solid objects, like monsters will be in underground caves and still be ****** up by it. So I'd argue that you'd need a good feat of sound manip to resist.

Physics Manip IIRC does work like that but I wouldn't argue that as a cornerstone debating point.

Damage Reduction is... well. damage reduction.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
So she can rapid fire spam it? No Cooldown rate or anything? What's the Range on her Teleportation?
She rapid fire spams it, that was literlly her whole strategy againts Lisesharte and Krulcifer. No, 0 cooldown. About the range, like something over 100 meters.

Ionliosite said:
How good is his stamina?
Dude flies (via Wingdrake) over a continent in a fairly short timeframe with basically no trouble so

not bad

Can she teleport and attack at the same time? If not, then he might catch her while she's trying to attack after Teleporting. Especially if he grapples her mech during an attack with his Class 100 Lifting Strength.

I mean, Celis can do this:

The moment when she set up <Seven Heads>, Celis moved.
With the minimum movement, she threw three Daggers at <Tiamat>. Almost at the same time, the seven halos wrapped <Lindworm> and it disappeared from where it was.
"Don't tell me this isÔöÇÔöÇ!?"
"It's over. Scarlet War Princess."
The moment when Lisha activated her barrier to defend against the daggers, Celis launched an attack from Lisha's rear and smashed <Tiamat>'s propulsion device.
"Guh……!? So, this isÔöÇÔöÇ!"
"Yes. A concerted attack by Celis-neesama alone. It's a technique that we call "Heavy Strike"."
To the mutter of Lisha, whose armor was smashed, Sania revealed a smile.
A simultaneous attack from multiple directions would eventually overwhelm an opponent.
With <Lindworm>'s <Divine Gate>, she was able to pull it off with perfect timing.
The female students of the audience raised cheers at the special move only possible through concentration and technique, that Celis possessed, and the Divine Raiment's ability.
Will this help?

Also, I'm doubtful that the Hunter can really grap her, since, you know, she has a forcefield, so Hunter just trying to grapple her won't bypass it.

Not by so much tho. Celis scales far above Krulcifer who one-shot Greifer who's vastly above the Triad who are above baseline already.

Oh. Anyway, how many hits can her shield take before breaking? Because there's no way she can dodge everything and outlast him.

It's way easier to break those by giving a single very strong hit than many normal ones. Otherwise, Lisesharte and her 16 Legion would be breaking lots of barriers.

Back