• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament: Rathalos vs Chief Beisa

• The match takes place at Mont Saint-Michel, during high tide. A barrier seals the island 200 meters away.
  • Starting distance is 10 meters, on the sandy part at the bottom of the island town.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • No knowledge of each other. No civilians or vehicles in the area.
  • Stat amps cap at 100 Megatons. Stat reduction cap at 6.3 Megatons
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA.
    • Matches have a time limit of 12 hours. Past that, any decisive immobilization or incapacitation for more than 10 seconds becomes a victory condition.
Mont-Saint-Michel_vu_du_ciel.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Rathalos can deal with Danmakku, even if it is stronger than this guy and has stat amps via getting enraged.

I should say that Beisa's danmaku attacks aren't very quick. And while his summons can shoot projectiles too, they are stuck on the ground.

Last edited:
For Rathalos, his fire breath and fire balls have enough AoE to take out several of the summons in one fell swoop. Considering the location, the summons don't have much room for movement, so Rathalos's ranged attacks will be easier. Beisa doesn't seem like someone who'd hide either.

Looking at Beisa's boss fight, he only starts throwing dura-neg danmaku after getting staggered a first time.
In theory, since the starting distance is close, it's possible for Rathalos to run to Beisa, tanks the first few hits and grab/bite Beisa. Rathalos has superior LS, which would make it a viable option.
Of course, this depends on Rathalos's behavior and how he fights

Of course, this depends on Rathalos's behavior and how he fights
If we go by Monster Hunter logic of how monsters starts the fights

Scream in your face and that stuns you, then whatever he pleases, normally he starts with flying and would adapt to the opponent with his high intelligence

And this Rathalos prefers to do aerial combos than staying in the ground and his fire is more potent as it can deplete faster the HP of the Hunter than the normal Rathalos

And this is one of his prefer tactics: Zenith Rathalos tends to temporary set themselves on fire by shooting a fireball that makes a fire tornado which it later goes inside of, causing a big explosion. This causes their wings and tails to set on fire for a long period of time. Zenith Rathalos are capable of creating fiery gusts by flapping its developed wings hard

Does the dura neg thing have any effect on an opponent not wearing armor like this one?

So no known way it accomplishes that, but it just works?
What is defense in this context? I assume armor piercing techniques don't oneshot, as they deal consistent damage, so it probably is not so simple as "no defense = 0 durability", right?

So no known way it accomplishes that, but it just works?
What is defense in this context? I assume armor piercing techniques don't oneshot, as they deal consistent damage, so it probably is not so simple as "no defense = 0 durability", right?
Yeah, think someone like Oryx or even Beisa himself, they wear heavy armor and as such have a big defense stat, or a dragon has an extremely thick hide with hard scales so they have a high defense stat, that kind of thing.

It's a more... limited durability negation, but I wouldn't say it's completely limited

Right now I don´t know who would win to be honest, Rathalos has an advantage with his movement and his tactics could counter the Danmaku but said danmaku is dangerous and the paralysis would stop him in the air, he has a bit of resistance to that [by the fact that Hunter has paralysis and need several attacks to work] and he can free himself with time, building a even stronger resistance

If Rathalos starts with a scream, that may give Beisa some time as he resists stun. But then, when Rathalos goes to fly, his large AoE attacks could harm all of Beisa's summons, or burn away incoming danmaku

This is a very close fight, so it's hard to say who would win more often.

But for the sake of starting the voting process, I will vote for Rathalos.
Personally, I judge his widespread and aoe attacks will be able to both clash with incoming danmaku and, eventually, deal with Beisa himself, and I don't think the summons are much a threat.

I vote for Beisa, chances are rathalos is gonna land, which is not where you want to be here and would likely get him killed

I vote for Beisa, chances are rathalos is gonna land, which is not where you want to be here and would likely get him killed
Rathalos has high stamina and is not stupid to land with the whole battlefield filled of danmaku

And the location here is important, there are a lot of buildings and high grounds to land, so Danmaku in plain ground is not 100% useful in my opinion

Rathalos has high stamina and is not stupid to land with the whole battlefield filled of danmaku

And the location here is important, there are a lot of buildings and high grounds to land, so Danmaku in plain ground is not 100% useful in my opinion
How high? Can it fight for 24 minutes or 24 years?

You realize buildings are actually more beneficial to Beisa right? You imply this military Commander who helped con1uer tens of millions of different kingdoms and cultures won't know to go into a building and wait out the dragon.

How hot is Rathalos breath? Beisha don't resist fire or heat so that don't matter much I guess but I'm still curious to see if the residual heat of his attacks would **** the surroundings.
You realize buildings are actually more beneficial to Beisa right? You imply this military Commander who helped con1uer tens of millions of different kingdoms and cultures won't know to go into a building and wait out the dragon.
I mean, as mentioned in the Sybilla match the buildings will just disappear in the face of 7-B attacks.

How hot is Rathalos breath? Beisha don't resist fire or heat so that don't matter much I guess but I'm still curious to see if the residual heat of his attacks would **** the surroundings.

I mean, as mentioned in the Sybilla match the buildings will just disappear in the face of 7-B attacks.
He does, as some would put it "Not enough for extreme heat resistance"- basically dunking in lava.

Depends on the AoE of said attacks

He does, as some would put it "Not enough for extreme heat resistance"- basically dunking in lava.

Depends on the AoE of said attacks
Resist lava heat is enough to list resistance to heat/fire, that was even the initial reasoning that servants had for their heat resistance, actually is still is listed as their main justification but then later people mentioned higher feats like be near Surtr and stuff like that.

Ok

Lavasioth uses magma

Rathalos ******* destroys Lavasioth in everything and his fire damages more hunters with heat resistance than the Magma of a Lavasioth

Your choice if you want to take this as fact, because is obviously gameplay but we use said gameplay in Monster Hunter profiles with the Dragon Element or the armors with % resistance

How high? Can it fight for 24 minutes or 24 years?

I doubt Beisa hiding inside a building will help much, when the whole area will be destroyed in mere moments.

As for the fire resistance, it remains a resistance and doesn't prevent all the damage. If Rathalos's fire is indeed strong enough to heavily harm fire-resistant hunters, and his stamina that high, then I say that's a big plus for him.

Even if I am the one who chose Rathalos, I see this as inconclusive

Both has methods of winning, it would depend of how at the beginning Rathalos acts about the danmaku, the % of the status effects landing and etc

And of course, Beisa is more skilled, but Rathalos has movility and probably a higher fire output than Beisa resistance and that is his main chance of winning

Even if I am the one who chose Rathalos, I see this as inconclusive

Both has methods of winning, it would depend of how at the beginning Rathalos acts about the danmaku, the % of the status effects landing and etc

And of course, Beisa is more skilled, but Rathalos has movility and probably a higher fire output than Beisa resistance and that is his main chance of winning
RotMG attacks has status effects or they dont, there is no percent chance.

Back